Windows 10: PDF files won't delete, move or copy--yes I've searched it.

Discus and support PDF files won't delete, move or copy--yes I've searched it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Moving stuff into a new computer and some files won't move, copy or even delete. It's obviously a permission problem and I am wondering if my only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pintree3, May 9, 2020.

1. pintree3 Win User

PDF files won't delete, move or copy--yes I've searched it.

Moving stuff into a new computer and some files won't move, copy or even delete.

It's obviously a permission problem and I am wondering if my only choice is to contact each and every publishing house, Some will be easy enough, like Ziff Davis and others from magazines. In this case all I have to do is re-download them--but why on earth can't I delete them?

Reaching the other publishing house will be a laborious task: write to them, wait for an answer, etc. etc.

While others are just weird as to why they can't be done moved, copied--like downloaded manuals of my hard drive or motherboard.

I am the sole owner hence administrator of my home PC.I have taken the following steps to try and delete, move my PDFs:

-1-1st message was this: you must have read permission to view the properties of this file
    -2- clicked advance
    -3- same msg and 'click continue to attempt the operation with administrative permissions
    -3b- message says: "You do not have permission to view to view the object's security properties even as administrative user
    to try taking ownership of the object which includes permission to view its properties click change above"
    -4- I did and then:" enter object name",and i put this: ACER-LAPTOP\Administrators
    but nothing happened hence I have no clue as to what I am supposed to do

:)

pintree3, May 9, 2020

2. Searching in PDF?

Hey guys, I need to look up a large list of data from a PDF file, basically just to check if each entry of the list is in the pdf. Is there some way to do this without having to check one by one?

ebolamonkey3, May 23, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 23, 2020
  4. gvblake22 Win User

Searching in PDF?

[/quote]The output of the second command will only show the data that's missing from the pdf. Click to expand... That's a great idea. I'm assuming you just run that code as a batch file or in the Windows > Run > 'cmd'?

gvblake22, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. PDF files won't delete, move or copy--yes I've searched it. - Similar Threads - PDF files won't

2. can not delete or move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not delete or move or rename pdf file: I have a pdf file on my desktop with a very long name that I cannot delete, rename, or move. Every attempt fails. I get no error message telling me that the file is in use by another program...it simply won't disappear or allow me to change its name. I have tried running...
  3. can not delete or move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not delete or move or rename pdf file: I have a pdf file on my desktop with a very long name that I cannot delete, rename, or move. Every attempt fails. I get no error message telling me that the file is in use by another program...it simply won't disappear or allow me to change its name. I have tried running...
  4. A pdf file I created myself won't delete or move or anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A pdf file I created myself won't delete or move or anything: I have tried the preview pane, shift-delete, restarting, using the command prompt.When I use the command prompt, it tells me that the system cannot find the file specified.I can still open the file and send it and stuff, I just can't delete or move it.It isn't giving me any...
  5. A pdf file I created myself won't delete or move or anything

A pdf file I created myself won't delete or move or anything: I have tried the preview pane, shift-delete, restarting, using the command prompt.When I use the command prompt, it tells me that the system cannot find the file specified.I can still open the file and send it and stuff, I just can't delete or move it.It isn't giving me any...
  6. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  7. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  8. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Cannot delete, copy, cut and rename a PDF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete, copy, cut and rename a PDF file: Hello Team, I downloaded a PDF file from the Flipkart website in which comparing of laptops consist. After opening that file, I tried to delete that file but I couldn't perform any operation on that file. I used Microsoft File and Folder trouble-shooter to detect any...
  10. Cannot delete or move pdf file on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete or move pdf file on desktop: I have a pdf file on my desktop with a very long name that I cannot delete, rename, or move. Every attempt fails. I get no error message telling me that the file is in use by another program...it simply won't disappear or allow me to change its name. I have tried running...