Windows 10: PDF Files

Discus and support PDF Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have downloaded windows 10 and since then have been unable to amend or type in existing PDF files. Has anyone else experienced this problem. 38213 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Roger Wales, Jan 20, 2016.

1. PDF Files

I have downloaded windows 10 and since then have been unable to amend or type in existing PDF files. Has anyone else experienced this problem.

:)

Roger Wales, Jan 20, 2016
  2. Granyte Win User

Reader App in Windows 10: How do I open pdf files in a new window by default?

When I have a pdf file open in the reader app on Window 10 and I open another pdf file, the new pdf file is opened in the same window as the other pdf file. That is, rather than creating two windows with each pdf in a separate window (like Adobe would),
    the new pdf file is opened in the same window as the other pdf file. If I right click in the reader app window, I am shown all of the previously opened pdf files. I can then right click on a pdf file and have it opened in a new window.

I would like the reader app to open pdf files in a new window by default. Is this possible?

Granyte, Jan 20, 2016
  3. Can't find received bluetooth PDF files!!

You can't receive a batch of PDF files and save them all at the same time. You have to receive, open & save each file individually. Here's how it works:

PDF file#1 is sent & received on the phone

Acknowledgment message received & tap to view

PDF file#1 opens up in Adobe Reader app. PDF file#1 is stored.

PDF file#2 is sent & received on the phone

PDF file#2 opens up in Adobe Reader app. PDF file#2 is stored.

PDF file#3 is sent & received on the phone

PDF file#3 opens up in Adobe Reader app. PDF file#3 is stored.

Repeat for each PDF file.

Julie fka profjulie, Jan 20, 2016
  4. PDF Files

What software are you using to open and (attempt) to edit the PDF files?

DeaconFrost, Jan 20, 2016
  5. Typically you need Adobe Pro to modify PDF's. There are 3rd party apps but not familiar.

orlbuckeye, Jan 20, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    There are also some websites where you can work on PDFs.

7. Kari Win User
    Microsoft Word 2013 and 2016 can open PDF files. The formatting might be a bit wrong and need editing when a PDF is opened in Word, especially if the PDF contains images.

A PDF file containg text only opens nicely without need to edit formatting. A PDF file opened and edited in Word can then be again saved as PDF.

PDF Files [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

8. PDF Files

How to Open PDF in Word: 15 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

orlbuckeye, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PDF Files

1. PDF Files - Similar Threads - PDF Files

2. In explorer Preview pane does not display excel & word documents, PDF files are visible in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In explorer Preview pane does not display excel & word documents, PDF files are visible in...: In explorer Preview pane does not display excel & word documents, PDF files are visible in the pane. Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-explorer-preview-pane-does-not-display-excel/c4d4a3d6-ef01-45d8-a4a6-60b8448eb293
  3. In explorer Preview pane does not display excel & word documents, PDF files are visible in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In explorer Preview pane does not display excel & word documents, PDF files are visible in...: In explorer Preview pane does not display excel & word documents, PDF files are visible in the pane. Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-explorer-preview-pane-does-not-display-excel/c4d4a3d6-ef01-45d8-a4a6-60b8448eb293
  4. Change the default app to open pdf files from MS Edge to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the default app to open pdf files from MS Edge to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro in Windows 11: When I go to Default Apps and try to change it from MS Edge to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, it shows in the list of apps to change it to, but when I click on it and hit Set Default, nothing happens. It just remains as MS Edge. I tried going to the Properties of a .pdf file and...
  5. Change the default app to open pdf files from MS Edge to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro in Windows 11

Change the default app to open pdf files from MS Edge to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro in Windows 11: When I go to Default Apps and try to change it from MS Edge to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, it shows in the list of apps to change it to, but when I click on it and hit Set Default, nothing happens. It just remains as MS Edge. I tried going to the Properties of a .pdf file and...
  6. Cant change default app to open .pdf files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change default app to open .pdf files: I am trying to set adobe acrobat as default program to open .pdf files. I have adobe pdf reader installed on my PC. I right click .pdf file. It has Opens With: listed as Microsoft Edge. I click the change button then select Adobe Acrobat and hit select default button, but...
  7. Cant change default app to open .pdf files

Cant change default app to open .pdf files: I am trying to set adobe acrobat as default program to open .pdf files. I have adobe pdf reader installed on my PC. I right click .pdf file. It has Opens With: listed as Microsoft Edge. I click the change button then select Adobe Acrobat and hit select default button, but...
  8. Windows microsoft whiteboard cannot export an image or pdf file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows microsoft whiteboard cannot export an image or pdf file?: Hi,Last week, I could put many images or PDF files on the whiteboard, but I can't now. The error message below appears after I select a photo or PDF file. The image was a PNG file. What do you suggest I do to fix this problem?...
  9. Windows microsoft whiteboard cannot export an image or pdf file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows microsoft whiteboard cannot export an image or pdf file?: Hi,Last week, I could put many images or PDF files on the whiteboard, but I can't now. The error message below appears after I select a photo or PDF file. The image was a PNG file. What do you suggest I do to fix this problem?...
  10. Windows microsoft whiteboard cannot export an image or pdf file?