Windows 10: PDF format not availabe from scanner

Discus and support PDF format not availabe from scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Scan app. PDF format is not available on the dropdown for my scanner. How do I scan to a pdf. Everything scans to a picture format only.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KKACote, May 2, 2020.

1. KKACote Win User

PDF format not availabe from scanner

Windows 10 Scan app. PDF format is not available on the dropdown for my scanner. How do I scan to a pdf. Everything scans to a picture format only. I have an HP OfficetJet PROS 8035 printer/scanner and an HP Pavillion x360 laptop.. How can I get the scanner to scan in a pdf format.

:)

KKACote, May 2, 2020
  2. Martmcd Win User

SNIP to .pdf format

have a look in settings -> devices -> printers

is microsoft print to pdf listed there?

if not I will go through the steps to add it

Martmcd, May 2, 2020
  3. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, May 2, 2020
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. PDF format not availabe from scanner - Similar Threads - PDF format availabe

2. Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners: Microsoft Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners after I removed it. I am unable to re-add it. I tried rebooting. Then I tried to turn it off on windows features, but it won't turn back on again. What should I do, and if it stops working permanently what workarounds...
  3. Format for scanning pictures from scanner has changed

Format for scanning pictures from scanner has changed: I used PSP 7 for years to scan hundreds of pictures from my "all in one" Brother laser printer. I've always used the same steps to scan, click on import-twain-acquire, and the picture would show up. Now when I take these same steps that worked so well, I get a screen that...
  4. Format for scanning pictures from scanner has changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format for scanning pictures from scanner has changed: I used PSP 7 for years to scan hundreds of pictures from my "all in one" Brother laser printer. I've always used the same steps to scan, click on import-twain-acquire, and the picture would show up. Now when I take these same steps that worked so well, I get a screen that...
  5. how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format: I wanted to save windows 10 spotlight pictures so to open them i had to make a command on powershell to convert the pictures to jpg format, so instead of clicking on the folder i had saved the pictures into I clicked on downloaded and now all my downloaded apps and pdfs are...
  6. how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format

how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format: I wanted to save windows 10 spotlight pictures so to open them i had to make a command on powershell to convert the pictures to jpg format, so instead of clicking on the folder i had saved the pictures into I clicked on downloaded and now all my downloaded apps and pdfs are...
  7. how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. EZ PDF Document Scanner

EZ PDF Document Scanner: I downloaded the EZ PDF Document Scanner from Microsoft to use with my Xerox Documate 3220 scanner. The software works fine until I try to scan a legal size document, it ends up cropping it. I did change the size option in the software to "legal" and it still crops the...
  9. Win10 Scanner app doesnt allow saving scans in PDF format

Win10 Scanner app doesnt allow saving scans in PDF format: Just added a Canon PIXMA MX439 MP printer/scanner to Win10 laptop but Scar app doesnt allow saving scans in PDF format. That's my primary file format for scans. Can I convert the JPG/TIFF/BMP output to PDF?...
  10. SNIP to .pdf format

SNIP to .pdf format: Creating a file with "snip" app on win 10, want to save to .pdf format, any ideas? Sid Kraft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-to-pdf-format/157f8348-c9ab-435d-b70d-c8246a410741