Windows 10: .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop

Discus and support .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; From a web page I saved as a .pdf,now I have the icon on the desktop. But,I cannot remove it,open or rename this icon. I tried to move it to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by W10Valt, Apr 6, 2019.

1. W10Valt Win User

.pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop

From a web page I saved as a .pdf,now I have the icon on the desktop.

But,I cannot remove it,open or rename this icon.

I tried to move it to the recycle bin but nothing happens.

I'm not an expert at all.

Can,please,someone help me.

Thank you

:)

W10Valt, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Error 404 Win User

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

1. .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop - Similar Threads - pdf icon cannot

2. Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons: Desktop Icons are hard to read. I have tried at least 10 different suggestions on Google. All are different. None worked. Why would have such a wonderful program as Windows 11 and make the icon text blurred with a needless shadow?? Help on this, please?...
  3. Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons: Desktop Icons are hard to read. I have tried at least 10 different suggestions on Google. All are different. None worked. Why would have such a wonderful program as Windows 11 and make the icon text blurred with a needless shadow?? Help on this, please?...
  4. Microphone/Desktop Icon Cannot Be Removed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone/Desktop Icon Cannot Be Removed: The pictured icon suddenly appeared on my desktop and is positioned in the top right corner of my desktop. It obscures the close/resize controls of full screen apps. How can I remove or reposition it? [ATTACH]...
  5. can't remove a pdf from my win10 desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't remove a pdf from my win10 desktop: Hi there, I have a pdf file saved with symbols in it's name and i can't delete. I followed all of the recommendations in a similar post to no avail. I have tried: Safe mode Del + Shift Win Explorer Alt+P Renaming Cmd tells me it can't find the file I am deleting. I have...
  6. Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop: I have tried the following: -Restarting my computer -Turning off the preview pane -Pressing shift+delete -Punching my screen -Snapping my fingers -Wiggling my nose -Putting tape on the screen to cover the file -Yelling at my computer -Closing my eyes -Calling my IT...
  7. Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10: Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this. This is my first post here. My problem is that I have an Internet Explorer icon on my desktop that will just not go away. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried: 1. Moving it to the recycle bin. 2. Right clicking it...
  8. Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10: Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this. This is my first post here. My problem is that I have an Internet Explorer icon on my desktop that will just not go away. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried: 1. Moving it to the recycle bin. 2. Right clicking it...
  9. Adobe pdf desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adobe pdf desktop icons: I noticed several days ago, that all of my Adobe PDF icons on the desktop now have a read border. Any ideas as to cause, or cure, would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-pdf-desktop-icons/f0a898b7-1845-47cd-97e0-f722aab4e189
  10. Cannot Remove OneDrive from Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Remove OneDrive from Desktop: Hey everybody, ran into a problem that I can't seem to fix and was hoping for some help. I had to reinstall Windows 10 the other day and in doing so, OneDrive came up. I uninstalled it from the Control Panel, but it left an empty folder on my desktop, which appears in the...