Windows 10: PDF icons show image of the document

Discus and support PDF icons show image of the document in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Attachment 239359 These are two PDF files that live on my desktop. It happens that I use Tracker PDF Viewer as the default and I reinstalled it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Jul 5, 2019.

1. tcebob Win User

PDF icons show image of the document

Attachment 239359
    These are two PDF files that live on my desktop. It happens that I use Tracker PDF Viewer as the default and I reinstalled it yesterday. Up until that time the icons were standard graphics but now, suddenly, they depict the actual contents of the PDF. I really don't think this is Tracker's doing as they have not touched this program for years. So I blame Windows 10 1903 18362.207 and suspect that this is the doing of Microsoft Edge. How can I get my icons back?

:)

tcebob, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Jul 5, 2019
  3. How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Microsoft PDF Document Writer not appear

Hello,

Just to verify your concern, are you having trouble viewing a PDF document? If so, please supply us with the following information listed below:

• What app are you using to open the file?
    • Any error messages when trying to launch the document?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • When did this issue started to occur?
    Please advise.

Mark Isi, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. PDF icons show image of the document - Similar Threads - PDF icons show

2. Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly: Hello, I've been using my PC normally for the past month or so, but suddenly all the PDFs on my PC have begun to display the wrong icon, and it seemed to appear just after I connected to my university account's OneDrive. Have I done something wrong? I have already tried to...
  3. Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly: Hello, I've been using my PC normally for the past month or so, but suddenly all the PDFs on my PC have begun to display the wrong icon, and it seemed to appear just after I connected to my university account's OneDrive. Have I done something wrong? I have already tried to...
  4. Any PDF Documents, Stopped Showing Preview

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any PDF Documents, Stopped Showing Preview: Normally I upload a document, in this case a PDF file to a folder and I have "show preview" on - it stopped working on PDFs only!Word, Excel or anything else has a proper preview but not PDFs. I have turned this feature on and off, checked properties of the files, re-uploaded...
  5. Any PDF Documents, Stopped Showing Preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any PDF Documents, Stopped Showing Preview: Normally I upload a document, in this case a PDF file to a folder and I have "show preview" on - it stopped working on PDFs only!Word, Excel or anything else has a proper preview but not PDFs. I have turned this feature on and off, checked properties of the files, re-uploaded...
  6. Any PDF Documents, Stopped Showing Preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Icon image not showing

Icon image not showing: Images on folder icon wont show? I didn't have this issue before now all of sudden some images show others won't I have to open the file in order to see the image. I have tried the folders view option and unchecked the option to show icon never thumbnails and I'm still unable...
  8. icon shows PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    icon shows PDF: My icons are showing pdf instead of what they are example nike shows pdf and when I try to print it goes to Microsoft notes not pdf I can't print any thing need this cleared today...
  9. [SOLVED] PDF Thumbnail images NOT SHOWING in in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] PDF Thumbnail images NOT SHOWING in in subfolders: Windozer10 1909, 2004 RAM 32gb Intel i7 6700 Problem: Thumbnail images of PDF files within sub-folders of a folder one day stopped to show. (image2 "The sub-folders with PDF icons.jpg") Only PDF icons, while when opening the folder I can see all the thumbnails (Imge1 "The...
  10. image/video type not showing in documents

image/video type not showing in documents: Yesterday i completely reset my laptop since it’s been running very slow lately. I am downloading all the things that I needed again and when I download an image or video it only shows the name and .mp4 or .jpg do not show at the end. When I open them in another program it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pdf creator icons white windows 10