Windows 10: PDF in Teams not opening

Discus and support PDF in Teams not opening in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi TeamI am unable to open PDF in teams. 1Its not the file, the file exists and can be downloaded2 the file opens via Sharepoint3 I have adobe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gerhardt Van Niekerk, Oct 13, 2021.

1. PDF in Teams not opening

Hi TeamI am unable to open PDF in teams. 1Its not the file, the file exists and can be downloaded2 the file opens via Sharepoint3 I have adobe installed on local pc4 All PDF's are doing the same.RegardsGerhardt

:)

Gerhardt Van Niekerk, Oct 13, 2021

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader - Adobe Support Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Can't open PDF files through MS Teams

Hi Johanna Gonzalez,

From the picture your provided, if you mean it shows “Sorry, we couldn’t find your file” when you open your PDF file? Please try to confirm that the PDF actually exists. If the PDF file exists and still cannot open, please change your default viewer (Acrobat
    Reader) or uninstall it, and then click the PDF file to check if you can open it.

Beside, may I know if you are using Microsoft Teams app or online? If you are using app, please sign in Teams online and check if the issue still occur, or you can open online or open in SharePoint.

PDF in Teams not opening 0171f78c-af51-4b1a-babc-1cfc107ac04d.png

If you still cannot open it even if you uninstalled the Acrobat Reader or open online, please provide some information as below:

• The screenshot of error message.
    • If it just happened to you or there are some others who occur same issue with you.
    • Where are the PDF from, from the Root site or any sub-site? And if all the PDF files cannot be open?

Please contact us if you have any update.

Thanks,

Iry

Iry Chen MSFT, Oct 13, 2021
  4. PDF in Teams not opening

Can't open PDF files through MS Teams

Hi Johanna Gonzalez,

Thanks for your update.

Since you also cannot open from Online, to narrow down the issue, please provide us below information and test result:

• Please confirm with your admin if he/she have set any group policy recently.
    • I’d like to know if you can download the PDF file from the Microsoft Teams.

Please try to change another network environment which is different from that you use now and check the outcome. Meanwhile, please send the PDF files in conversation and check if the sender and recipient can open it in conversation.

Thanks,

Iry

Iry Chen MSFT, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

PDF in Teams not opening

1. PDF in Teams not opening - Similar Threads - PDF Teams opening

2. Unable to read PDF file on Microsoft Team

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to read PDF file on Microsoft Team: Hi, i have been using Microsoft Team for a while now, but currently having quite a difficult time as the MT suddenly could not read PDF file format. As the picture shows the tab just went blank. Have also been asking a few friend about it and it turn out it only having...
  3. Unable to read PDF file on Microsoft Team

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to read PDF file on Microsoft Team: Hi, i have been using Microsoft Team for a while now, but currently having quite a difficult time as the MT suddenly could not read PDF file format. As the picture shows the tab just went blank. Have also been asking a few friend about it and it turn out it only having...
  4. Unable to read PDF file on Microsoft Team

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot Open PDF IN MS Teams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open PDF IN MS Teams: I have been using MS Teams for 3 months , but out of a sudden just a few days back I could no longer open PDF Files in Microsoft Teams app itself in my laptop . Previously I used to open PDF in Teams itself , but now there is an option showing " Open In Browser " ! I mean...
  6. Cannot Open PDF IN MS Teams

Cannot Open PDF IN MS Teams: I have been using MS Teams for 3 months , but out of a sudden just a few days back I could no longer open PDF Files in Microsoft Teams app itself in my laptop . Previously I used to open PDF in Teams itself , but now there is an option showing " Open In Browser " ! I mean...
  7. Cannot Open PDF IN MS Teams

8. Teams: pdf's turn into inaccessible .icloud documents that we can't open

Teams: pdf's turn into inaccessible .icloud documents that we can't open: We have a Teams user who works on his iPad then saves pdf's into Teams. When he does, they turn into things like this that we can't open. NOL%20ISO%20RFO%20RE%20MOD%20CS%20&%20SS%20.pdf.icloud How does he save a pdf as a pdf that does not turn into a .pdf.icloud?...
  9. Opening PDF files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opening PDF files: Hi. I'm having trouble opening PDF files on my laptop, Windows 10. Once I click on the file, the toolbar shows a file named "Untitled". Instead of the file opening up, the toolbar starts to shake back and forth uncontrollably. My only option is to close down the whole...
  10. PDF re-open

PDF re-open: I have a small annoying problem, after I closed a pdf with the X , it re-open after a wild. Can be a problem if it's a confidential documents 2703