Windows 10: PDF links always prompt me to save to my computer before opening

Discus and support PDF links always prompt me to save to my computer before opening in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I try to open a PDF, my computer always prompts me to save it to my computer, and will not open it unless I do. Like, if I opt not to save the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KatherineLentz, Oct 4, 2019.

1. PDF links always prompt me to save to my computer before opening

Whenever I try to open a PDF, my computer always prompts me to save it to my computer, and will not open it unless I do. Like, if I opt not to save the file to my computer first, it won't open at all.

Is there a toggle or a switch somewhere that I can use to stop this from happening?

:)

KatherineLentz, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Egemar07 Win User

Print To pdf, prompt for save location + do not open in adobe pdf after saving

When printing to PDF, "microsoft print to pdf" i get prompt every time to choose a location + a filename.

Also the file does not open in pdf after...

My computer used to both save automatically and open in Adobe pdf after.. But now, none of the things happens...

Im running windows 10 1803 build 17134.137

It does the same, whether printing to pdf from browser or word document.

Egemar07, Oct 4, 2019
  3. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Anna Bon Win User

PDF links always prompt me to save to my computer before opening

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

PDF links always prompt me to save to my computer before opening

1. PDF links always prompt me to save to my computer before opening - Similar Threads - PDF links always

2. Help me save my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me save my computer: I managed to restore my anti-virus using regedit. To do this, I had to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender and change the decimal of DisableAntiSpyware from one to zero. Soon afterwards, though, I disabled real-time protection for an intended...
  3. Help me save my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help me save my computer: I managed to restore my anti-virus using regedit. To do this, I had to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender and change the decimal of DisableAntiSpyware from one to zero. Soon afterwards, though, I disabled real-time protection for an intended...
  4. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC: Trying to open a PDF document, as a PDF doc that I downloaded and saved on my laptop. When I click on 'open' a message box appears. I am given two options--either convert it to a Word doc or 'Cancel". How do/can I open my doc the way that it should be, as a PDF document?...
  5. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC: Trying to open a PDF document, as a PDF doc that I downloaded and saved on my laptop. When I click on 'open' a message box appears. I am given two options--either convert it to a Word doc or 'Cancel". How do/can I open my doc the way that it should be, as a PDF document?...
  6. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. WHEN I TRY TO OPEN A .PDF FILE FROM INTERNET HYPER-LINK, IT ALWAYS OPENS IN NOTEPAD AND...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEN I TRY TO OPEN A .PDF FILE FROM INTERNET HYPER-LINK, IT ALWAYS OPENS IN NOTEPAD AND...: I've gone to setting apps and set defaults for Adobe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-a-pdf-file-from-internet-hyper/98a86710-a74d-4431-a606-78e0b23dd410
  8. WHEN I TRY TO OPEN A .PDF FILE FROM INTERNET HYPER-LINK, IT ALWAYS OPENS IN NOTEPAD AND...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEN I TRY TO OPEN A .PDF FILE FROM INTERNET HYPER-LINK, IT ALWAYS OPENS IN NOTEPAD AND...: I've gone to setting apps and set defaults for Adobe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-a-pdf-file-from-internet-hyper/98a86710-a74d-4431-a606-78e0b23dd410
  9. Saving a PDF file opened in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF file opened in Edge: Until recently, a file opened in Edge could be saved by "right clicking", selecting "Save" and then saving to the target directory on Surface. Now the "Save" functionality is greyed out i.e. saving is not possible so you have to print to PDF which takes longer. Any idea...
  10. Print To pdf, prompt for save location + do not open in adobe pdf after saving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print To pdf, prompt for save location + do not open in adobe pdf after saving: When printing to PDF, "microsoft print to pdf" i get prompt every time to choose a location + a filename. Also the file does not open in pdf after... My computer used to both save automatically and open in Adobe pdf after.. But now, none of the things happens... Im running...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Opening pdf links prompt for save