Windows 10: PDF opened from NAS returns index of parent folder

Discus and support PDF opened from NAS returns index of parent folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hmmm . . . I spoke too soon. The original behavior has returned. Clicking a PDF file in the mapped network drive returns an index of that file's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ztalk112, Dec 18, 2016.

1. bro67 Win User

PDF opened from NAS returns index of parent folder

Sounds like a NAS problem. Are you using FTP through the browser to access those files or mapping a network share and accessing the share through Explorer?

bro67, Dec 23, 2016
  2. ztalk112 Win User

The latter . . . mapped network share accessed via Explorer.

Again, I've had no problem opening PDF files stored on the NAS in the past. And there's been no setup or update change with the NAS that could explain this new behavior.

I suspect it's more likely associated with a Win10 update.

ztalk112, Dec 25, 2016
  3. bro67 Win User
    Everybody would be having the same issue. Depending on what app or program you have installed for PDF's, can be screwing with Chrome's embedded PDF agent.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PDF opened from NAS returns index of parent folder

1. PDF opened from NAS returns index of parent folder - Similar Threads - PDF opened NAS

2. Microsoft Photos not indexing second shared folder on same nas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos not indexing second shared folder on same nas: Hi, I have a Linux NAS where I share two folders, they are both mapped to Windows 10 22H2 and both perfectly visible and usable from File Explorer.I added the first one to Microsoft Photos say \\my-server\folder-A\Images and all worked fine.Then I added the second folder say...
  3. Microsoft Photos not indexing second shared folder on same nas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos not indexing second shared folder on same nas: Hi, I have a Linux NAS where I share two folders, they are both mapped to Windows 10 22H2 and both perfectly visible and usable from File Explorer.I added the first one to Microsoft Photos say \\my-server\folder-A\Images and all worked fine.Then I added the second folder say...
  4. How do I add NAS to index?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add NAS to index?: Added NAS 3 weeks ago and moved gigs of files there. Searching in that new directory yeilds nothingHow do I add NAS to indexing? network does not show as search target....
  5. File explorer: PDF's preview showing "INDEX OF" in network folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer: PDF's preview showing "INDEX OF" in network folders: Hi,This issue started today at work on several computers on both Windows 11 and Windows 10. Could it be related to a recent Windows update? Pdf files and only PDF's previews aren't working in any network folders, Instead of showing the file preview it shows "INDEX...
  6. File explorer: PDF's preview showing "INDEX OF" in network folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer: PDF's preview showing "INDEX OF" in network folders: Hi,This issue started today at work on several computers on both Windows 11 and Windows 10. Could it be related to a recent Windows update? Pdf files and only PDF's previews aren't working in any network folders, Instead of showing the file preview it shows "INDEX...
  7. Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10: Does anyone know how to Index a network drive in Windows 10? I cannot get the network drive location to show up in the Indexing Options. FYI: I'm looking for a solution that does not require me to store the NAS contents locally. Thank you to anyone who may be able and...
  8. Add a NAS location to Windows 10 Index

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add a NAS location to Windows 10 Index: I want my network folder to be indexed by Windows. I am using Siemens Solid Edge 2020 with Solid Edge Data Management [SEDM] which needs Windows Indexing to work properly. We work on 2 separate PC's and store our drawingdata on a Synology 218+ NAS. This way we have acces to...
  9. Index NAS

Index NAS: I saved all my documents on my NAS. How can I index them 20921
  10. index Documents on NAS

index Documents on NAS: The folder 'My Documents' is on my Nas-server. How can I index this folder. In windows 7 I used Library Tool, in my opinion it is not working on W10 9615