Windows 10: PDF opening in browser

Discus and support PDF opening in browser in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded some files from another person's google drive and when I open them it does so in chrome. I want them to open as a PDF not in a browser,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TobyBrockbankGash, Jun 29, 2020.

1. PDF opening in browser

I downloaded some files from another person's google drive and when I open them it does so in chrome. I want them to open as a PDF not in a browser, can this be done?

:)

TobyBrockbankGash, Jun 29, 2020

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader on Adobe Support Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge Browser error for PDF documents

If you need to save the PDF files from a browser, we suggest downloading other browser from the Store.
    You can follow the steps below to download and open PDF files:

1. Download and install the UC browser and
      Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    2. Once installed, open UC browser and then visit the website from where you will download the PDF file.
      Tap the PDF file you wish to download > Click Regular Download.
    3. If PDF file was downloaded, go to App list >
      Xodo application > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Take note that you should uninstall any PDF reader applications installed on your phone.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

3482be97-15ec-4271-be40-2f9a31b21207, Jun 29, 2020
  4. PDF opening in browser

I do not want the Edge browser to open my .pdf files

Hi Decibelle,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it works:

1. Open Adobe Reader.

2. Click on Edit

3. Click Preferences from the drop down list.

4. Click Internet on the left pane.

5. Uncheck and untick the check box for Display PDF in Browser.

6. Click "ok" and restart the computer.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

PDF opening in browser

1. PDF opening in browser - Similar Threads - PDF opening browser

2. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  3. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  4. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening.: Whenever I try to open any pdf from my computernot the web in a browser, be it edge, edge dev or chrome it starts downloading pdf again and saves it in downloads folder. When I would open it again it would start downloading again and overwrite the previously downloaded...
  6. Hyperlink in pdf opening other pdf file in chrome browser rather than in adobe viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyperlink in pdf opening other pdf file in chrome browser rather than in adobe viewer: I have created 4 ms-word files ms-office 365 which has some data, it contains hyperlinks to other ms-word file i.e file 1 has hyperlink which opens file 2 etc.. this works correctly when used these files as ms-word doc. i.e if click on hyperlink it opens other file as ms-word...
  7. PDF files are opening in my web browser instead of my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF files are opening in my web browser instead of my computer: This week all my PDF files starting opening on my web browser. I don't know why this changed from opening on the server, but I want to change it back. Does anyone know how this can be changed?...
  8. Edge Browsers & PDF'S

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browsers & PDF'S: Why is it, when I click to open a PDF from my brokerage account to view a trade confirmation, Edge cannot open the PDF, however, when I switch to IE or Chrome no problem opening the same? Thanks 19348
  9. EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document: Everytime I download a pdf document within the EDGE browser, it's going to open it automatically, and then it shows this error: "Something is missing To view a PDF, you need some media functionality that you don’t currently have. You can install the Media Feature Pack...
  10. Browsers will no longer open PDF in Nitro Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers will no longer open PDF in Nitro Pro: Has anyone figured out how to get new updated Nitro Pro plugins that work with Chrome, IE or Firefox? It seems as though everyone no longer supports NPAPI and I wonder if/when anyone will fix this. I have looked everywhere and all the posts are years old and no longer apply....