Windows 10: PDF opening Internet explorer 11

Discus and support PDF opening Internet explorer 11 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Windows 10 LTSC 2019 and when trying to view a PDF in IE11 it appears as a grey screen. However when you refresh the page a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ponxer26, Oct 21, 2019.

1. ponxer26 Win User

PDF opening Internet explorer 11

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 LTSC 2019 and when trying to view a PDF in IE11 it appears as a grey screen.
    However when you refresh the page a few times it then appears.
    Other browsers work absolutley fine, so am instructing people to use them for now, but does anyone know a fix for IE11.

Thanks,

:)

ponxer26, Oct 21, 2019

2. PDF does not open in IE 11

Hi Marc,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to solve it.

We would like to inform you that the feature to open pdf in IE 11 by default is not available in Internet explorer 11. However, if you download any pdf in internet explorer 11, you can select Open option and it will open the pdf in Microsoft Edge.

We suggest you to give us your valuable feedback using the feedback app. To open feedback app, please follow the below steps:

1. In the Search bar, type Windows Feedback.

2. Select the Windows Feedback icon and hence start the feedback app to provide your feedback.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 21, 2019
  4. PDF opening Internet explorer 11

Internet Explorer 11 - OPening & Downloading .pdf Files

I am running Internet Explorer 11 with Windows 10 on my HP Laptop. I recently found that I could no longer open and/or download .pdf files from any website using any link. Can anyone help please?

StuartW_863, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

PDF opening Internet explorer 11

1. PDF opening Internet explorer 11 - Similar Threads - PDF opening Internet

2. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  3. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  4. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening: This just started to be a problem on two computers I oversee. As soon as you open IE11 you get a white screen - not responding - and then about 20 seconds later it closes. I have tried everything except for a fresh install... I've reset IE to default, I've uninstalled by...
  6. Internet explorer will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer will not open: I have suddenly found that IE will not open. When you click on it to open you get the working circle for a few seconds and then nothing. I have tried using a different user account on the same PC, I have run SFC /scannow which reports no errors, I have also checked in...
  7. Internet Explorer 11 - Opens in Background FOR NO APPARENT REASON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11 - Opens in Background FOR NO APPARENT REASON: Internet Explorer continues to open in the background with ridiculous stories about Hollywood. I do not know what is causing this nor how to stop it....
  8. Internet Explorer 11 Will Not Open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 Will Not Open: IE 11 will not open. I’m on Windows 10 and have been trouble free since upgrading from Windows 7 some months ago. I had been using IE 11 without any problems and then had about an hour and a half break. I returned to the PC to find that the programme (IE11)would not open...
  9. Internet Explorer 11 not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 not opening: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23760
  10. Open with Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Open with Internet Explorer: I have 1 desktop and 2 All In Ones which I am trying to configure to W10. I just changed the desktop to IE using the switch under the three dots where it says open with IE. I tried to do the same with this AIO and that switch doesn't work. I attempted to reset the default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pdf opens as grey screen ie11 windows 10