Windows 10: PDF opens in EDGE buf Edge Refuse to let me view it.

Discus and support PDF opens in EDGE buf Edge Refuse to let me view it. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The document was sent to me in an email. From what I can tell in tabbing through the open pages it looks like the pdf is inside a cluster, one pages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Aug 23, 2019.

1. PDF opens in EDGE buf Edge Refuse to let me view it.

The document was sent to me in an email.

From what I can tell in tabbing through the open pages it looks like the pdf is inside a cluster, one pages of several.

I had a similar problem a few years ago. It turned out that the pdf's were locked in an Adobe bundle. I do not have that product.

Is there some way I can confirm that is what I seem to again be facing, a protected bundle?

BTW I can open the doc with Firefox. A saved copy will not open.
    Likewise a screenshot pdf will not open but an image one did. I was able send a copy to a printer.

I tried to split the docs with PDF24 but that did not work either.

Is there any way I can take a look at the other docs in the bundle?

Is such splitting hopeless without Adobe?

:)

mikeincousa, Aug 23, 2019
  2. joeyoung2 Win User

PDF viewing in edge

Hi,

I have a query regarding viewing PDFs with hyperlinks in the Microsoft Edge web browser.

I have a PDF which is a price list, the front page has hyperlinks to the rest of the document to help customers find the price of the product they are looking for.

When the PDF is open in non-Microsoft Edge browsers, the hyperlinks will open with the product at the top of the page which is what I want.

With Microsoft Edge, when a PDF is clicked it opens the page the product is on but does not position the product at the top of the page.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

joeyoung2, Aug 24, 2019
  3. dtreida Win User
    Viewing PDF files in Edge

Unable to view pdf files that open up in a Microsoft Edge tab. I clicked on a pdf link and when it open it gave me a message "For the best experience, open this PDF portfolio in Acrobat X or Adobe Reader X, or later." Does Edge not allow you to view PDF
    files within the browser? Do I really have to go to Google Chrome and just so I can utilize their Adobe Reader function?

dtreida, Aug 24, 2019
  4. PDF opens in EDGE buf Edge Refuse to let me view it.

Hyperlinks in PDF's not working in Edge

Hi,

I apologize for delayed response.

I suggest you to open the PDF files with Internet Explorer in Edge to view the hyperlinks and check if it helps.

Microsoft Edge has built-in Internet Explorer feature and thus changes made to the settings in Internet Explorer will reflect in Edge too. Follow below steps:

1. Open the PDF file with Edge and click on three dot icon (More Actions) on top right of the Edge browser.

2. Select the option 'Open with the Internet Explorer' from the drop down.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

PDF opens in EDGE buf Edge Refuse to let me view it.

1. PDF opens in EDGE buf Edge Refuse to let me view it. - Similar Threads - PDF opens EDGE

2. Pdf in edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pdf in edge: Initially I saw content options in edge to go through contents of the pdf but now I can't see content options and searching is also not working I have to click ctrl key and F to search and that also not searching more than one word....
  3. Saving a PDF file opened in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF file opened in Edge: Until recently, a file opened in Edge could be saved by "right clicking", selecting "Save" and then saving to the target directory on Surface. Now the "Save" functionality is greyed out i.e. saving is not possible so you have to print to PDF which takes longer. Any idea...
  4. Edge won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge won't let me sign in: In the the Win 10 Pro Settings I clicked on Help which opened the robot window. I asked my question and eventually clicked on Speak to a person Message a Windows Advisor. After filling in my name, question etc I clicked on the arrow and a red message popped up saying I needed...
  5. PDF opens in EDGE buf Edge Refuse to let me view it.

in Browsers and Email
    PDF opens in EDGE buf Edge Refuse to let me view it.: The document was sent to me in an email. From what I can tell in tabbing through the open pages it looks like the pdf is inside a cluster, one pages of several. I had a similar problem a few years ago. It turned out that the pdf's were locked in an Adobe bundle. I do not...
  6. pdf in edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    pdf in edge: Hi , I have a HP wireless all in one printer installed on my PC and for no reason that I can see windows edge will not print any thing any more . I have had help from HP tech support and there is nothing wrong with the printer or the software . I get the error code...
  7. Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge)

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge): My Windows 7 desktop came with Nuance pdf Reader installed. My Windows 10 default is Edge, but I don't like it and I use Internet Explorer 11 for a browser. Can you suggest a pdf Reader? Thanks, cb 119456
  8. open pdf files using Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    open pdf files using Edge: I cannot open a PDF online. I am using Win 10 and Adobe Acrobat 9. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/open-pdf-files-using-edge/c94f483d-1aba-4fca-acad-949ae4d5e628
  9. Cannot download or open pdf in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot download or open pdf in Edge: Sometime over the past couple of days I have lost the ability to download any files when browsing with Edge and I cannot open PDF files from within Edge either. Downloading just says xxxx.yyy couldn't be downloaded and nothing will fix it - yet I can download using IE or...
  10. Edge will not let me open pdf files onlne

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not let me open pdf files onlne: I was able to view my paycheck online using Windows 7. (new using edge in 10) After I was able to open it I could save it to drive or print it. In windows 10 a new tap opens that tells me something is blocking it from opening the pdf. If I left click on the file it wants me...