Windows 10: PDF Preview in Explorer

Discus and support PDF Preview in Explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Having just done a clean install I'm quite pleased with the PDF viewer built into Edge, so will not be installing my usual PDF reader. However there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throndar, Sep 5, 2020.

1. PDF Preview in Explorer

Having just done a clean install I'm quite pleased with the PDF viewer built into Edge, so will not be installing my usual PDF reader.

However there is no preview in Explorer.

I normally install Foxit to get the preview component.

Is there anyway to get a PDF preview in Explorer without installing Foxit?

It's a major failing of Windows 10 that it previews almost nothing natively. I assume the lack of PDF is due to MS being cheap bastards and not wanting to pay Adobe. Who knows.

submitted by /u/throndar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/throndar, Sep 5, 2020

2. PDF Thumbnail Preview in Windows Explorer without installed PDF Preview Handler?

Can PDF thumbnails in Windows Explorer (7 or 8 or 10) show the first page of the PDF file without having to install a custom PDF Preview Handler from Adobe or Foxit or from Tracker Software or from one of the other known preview providers?

Please note: I do NOT mean the specific File Preview pane in Windows Explorer where one can scroll through all the pages of a PDF document (which is provided by a PDF Preview Handler e.g. from Adobe)!

I explicitly mean the thumbnails inside the Windows Explorer browsing area when the Windows Explorer View Mode is set to THUMBNAILS.

If the answer is NO: Can you suggest a MINIMAL installation package for this functionality (thumbnails displaying PDF first page) without having to install Adobe Reader or one of those large PDF packages from one of the other PDF brands?

user1580348, Sep 5, 2020
  3. pdf preview in Windows 10 file explorer

thanks for suggestion. i tried both, but neither worked. even with using Edge as pdf reader, and resetting and restarting, pdf previews in explorer, regardless of which default pdf viewer used, resulted in very small window in preview pane.

StephenKlotz, Sep 5, 2020
  4. PDF Preview in Explorer

pdf preview in Windows 10 file explorer

Open Acrobat Reader. On the Edit menu, choose Preferences.

In the Preferences dialog box, choose General in the Categories list, and then select the Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer check box.

Enable PDF thumbnail previews

Click OK.

Wait for a few seconds while Acrobat is configured to show thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer.

Restart then check again.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

PDF Preview in Explorer

1. PDF Preview in Explorer - Similar Threads - PDF Preview Explorer

2. Help with Pdf's not previewing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Pdf's not previewing in file explorer: Hi Guys, I am hoping someone can help me with this current issue I am having. I don't know if it is an Abode or Microsoft issue but it is really frustrating. I run a business that is 100% paperless and involves a lot of data entry. All scanned documents are renamed and then...
  3. File Explorer freeze with PDF preview

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer freeze with PDF preview: When selecting a PDF file in the File Explorer with the option of the preview. the File Explorer froze because too many instances of Microsoft Edge WebView2 are created.The only way to release the File Explorer is by closing all instances of File Explorer or through Task...
  4. File Explorer freeze with PDF preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer freeze with PDF preview: When selecting a PDF file in the File Explorer with the option of the preview. the File Explorer froze because too many instances of Microsoft Edge WebView2 are created.The only way to release the File Explorer is by closing all instances of File Explorer or through Task...
  5. File Explorer freeze with PDF preview

6. PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer: I am using an older version of Adobe Acrobat to edit PDF files but it does not have a preview feature setting. The problem is Adobe will not allow me to install just a later Acrobat reader to preview the files in Windows Explorer.Isn't it about time Microsoft had an embedded...
  7. PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer

PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer: I am using an older version of Adobe Acrobat to edit PDF files but it does not have a preview feature setting. The problem is Adobe will not allow me to install just a later Acrobat reader to preview the files in Windows Explorer.Isn't it about time Microsoft had an embedded...
  8. PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer

9. Preview PDF (Chrome) in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preview PDF (Chrome) in File Explorer?: My Windows 10 computer is fairly new to me; doesn't have a lot of extraneous applications. It uses Chrome to open PDFs; so the icon next to my documents is the Chrome circle when I'm in File Explorer. Within File Explorer, with the Preview Pane as my View choice, I'm not...
  10. PDF preview in explorer with Edge Chromium

PDF preview in explorer with Edge Chromium: Hi there : There is any way to use as default pdf viewer the new Edge Chromium and see the preview in explorer? Just to be clear i don't wanna install any other software Acrobat Thx...