Windows 10: PDF Preview is not working and Adobe does not open the file either. Also, the Location of...

Discus and support PDF Preview is not working and Adobe does not open the file either. Also, the Location of... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Since last few days, some pdf files are unable to preview and open. Screen shot below. [ATTACH] It happens if I am moving the pdf files from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VishwajeetVerma, Nov 11, 2018.

1. PDF Preview is not working and Adobe does not open the file either. Also, the Location of...

Hello,

Since last few days, some pdf files are unable to preview and open. Screen shot below.

PDF Preview is not working and Adobe does not open the file either. Also, the Location of... 7fffdb1e-5141-4059-b597-2adcb471e9db?upload=true.png

It happens if I am moving the pdf files from one location to other. Such as from Download ( C Drive ) to Personal (E Drive). However, In C Drive the files preview works and opens too. But, as I am moving it does not perform either of those.

When I checked with the file properties, the location is not proper. See below.

PDF Preview is not working and Adobe does not open the file either. Also, the Location of... 11e8d276-8f8f-46c8-99bb-0de396faa996?upload=true.png
    How can I fix the issue ?

:)

VishwajeetVerma, Nov 11, 2018

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Community: Acrobat Reader | Adobe Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 11, 2018
  4. PDF Preview is not working and Adobe does not open the file either. Also, the Location of...

PDF files is opening on Microsft Edge instead adobe reader

Hi Tresfjording,

To assist you better I would like to know which Window 10 build is installed on the system?

To check Windows version, press Windows key + R, type
    winver
    and press Enter.

Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

At first, I suggest you to check if any Windows update is pending.

• Type update on the Windows search bar and select
      Check for updates.

• Now click on Check for updates button, it will automatically check for the Windows update if any update is pending.
    Method 2.

If that does not helps, let’s select adobe to open the PDF files.

• Right-click any PDF file.

• Click on Properties and under
      Open With click Change.

• Now select Adobe from the list and click
      Ok.

• Check if Adobe opens all the PDF files.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

PDF Preview is not working and Adobe does not open the file either. Also, the Location of...

1. PDF Preview is not working and Adobe does not open the file either. Also, the Location of... - Similar Threads - PDF Preview working

2. Preview Pane not working for PDF or STL files, it does work for txt files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane not working for PDF or STL files, it does work for txt files: The Windows 10 Preview pane does not work for all file types. PDF and STL do not work. TXT does work. STL and PDF I get "No Preview Available", double clicking opens them just fine in 3D Viewer or Edge respectivly.I've selected 3D Viewer as the default appI've checked the...
  3. Preview Pane not working for PDF or STL files, it does work for txt files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preview Pane not working for PDF or STL files, it does work for txt files: The Windows 10 Preview pane does not work for all file types. PDF and STL do not work. TXT does work. STL and PDF I get "No Preview Available", double clicking opens them just fine in 3D Viewer or Edge respectivly.I've selected 3D Viewer as the default appI've checked the...
  4. Preview Pane not working for PDF or STL files, it does work for txt files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...: HelloI just need to know if I can set Adobe Acrobat as default application for opening and editing PDF files, and set another program such as Netro or Xchange Viewer for perviewing files in windows explorer and Outlook. I am using Window 11, I was was able to do this in...
  6. Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...

Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...: HelloI just need to know if I can set Adobe Acrobat as default application for opening and editing PDF files, and set another program such as Netro or Xchange Viewer for perviewing files in windows explorer and Outlook. I am using Window 11, I was was able to do this in...
  7. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge: How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks....
  8. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge: How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks....
  9. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  10. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adobe file preview not working

2. pdf preview not working after anti-virus update

3. abode files not opening in preview