Windows 10: .PDF Preview Pane not working in Windows 10 - Potential Solution

Discus and support .PDF Preview Pane not working in Windows 10 - Potential Solution in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been reading many posts about the Windows Explorer (Windows 10) not showing previews of .PDF documents. My WE stopped showing .PDFs recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MattMercier, Jan 13, 2019.

1. .PDF Preview Pane not working in Windows 10 - Potential Solution

I have been reading many posts about the Windows Explorer (Windows 10) not showing previews of .PDF documents. My WE stopped showing .PDFs recently and I needed a solution but all that is typically offered is associating the .PDF files with Acrobat using the "Open With" function after right clicking a file. Also frequently offered is the "Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer" checkbox in the Acrobat "Edit", "Preferences", "General" settings dialog box. Neither worked for me.

I also tried to repair the Adobe Acrobat installation by uninstalling and re-installing Adobe Acrobat. This did not fix the issue.

Going to the administrator account on my laptop did show the .PDF previews so I decided to check my typical user account settings. I normally use a "User" and not the "Administrator" account to provide a small layer of safety to my computing.

Here is how I fixed the issue:

I went to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe file in Windows Explorer and right clicked the file. I went to the "Compatibility" Tab and clicked on the "Run compatibility troubleshooter" button. This process set the compatibility mode to "Windows 8". I also clicked on the "Security" tab and edited my "User" account to have "Full Control" by clicking the "Edit" button while my User account was highlighted.

.PDF files started showing up in my Windows Explorer preview window immediately.

Hope this is helpful.

Matt

:)

MattMercier, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Eclassbud Win User

Video in the preview pane

Aileen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What I really need to know is how get the video to play in the preview pane. Prior to Windows 10, this worked wonderfully and was an asset. Now, it requires making changes to the Windows registry - not recommended due to the enormous amount of issues with
    Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Eclassbud, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Preview pane doesn't work in Windows 10

RuthZekowski, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

.PDF Preview Pane not working in Windows 10 - Potential Solution

No PDF viewer in File explorer preview pane

Hi Steve,

Conflicts with the program settings is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to view the PDF preview in the File Explorer Preview Pane. We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread,
    and go to the post that was provided by Michalis_Georgiou
    on October 24, 2017 in the 2nd page, and check if you will still encounter the same issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

.PDF Preview Pane not working in Windows 10 - Potential Solution

1. .PDF Preview Pane not working in Windows 10 - Potential Solution - Similar Threads - PDF Preview Pane

2. PDF preview is not showing in the preview pane on my Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF preview is not showing in the preview pane on my Windows 10 computer: Hello, I am having an issue with the preview pane on my Windows 10 computer. The problem is that the PDF preview is not showing in the preview pane; it only displays pure white space. There was no problem before. I did a reinstall of Windows, and since then, this has been...
  3. PDF preview is not showing in the preview pane on my Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF preview is not showing in the preview pane on my Windows 10 computer: Hello, I am having an issue with the preview pane on my Windows 10 computer. The problem is that the PDF preview is not showing in the preview pane; it only displays pure white space. There was no problem before. I did a reinstall of Windows, and since then, this has been...
  4. PDF preview is not showing in the preview pane on my Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Scrolling will not work in preview pane for PDF in windows explorer - but works for other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling will not work in preview pane for PDF in windows explorer - but works for other...: PDF files will not scroll in windows explorer preview pane, but other file types are fully operational.This is windows 11.thank you for your help!...
  6. Scrolling will not work in preview pane for PDF in windows explorer - but works for other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scrolling will not work in preview pane for PDF in windows explorer - but works for other...: PDF files will not scroll in windows explorer preview pane, but other file types are fully operational.This is windows 11.thank you for your help!...
  7. Windows 10 Preview Pane in explorer looks stretched. Potentially bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Preview Pane in explorer looks stretched. Potentially bug: Hi, please help. I just upgraded my windows 8.1 64 bit to windows 10, but i notice that when i clicked on an image to look at the preview on the right side preview pane, the image is stretched, it also happens in the thumbnail, but when i double clicked it to open in Windows...
  8. pdf does not appear in preview pane?

pdf does not appear in preview pane?: 41/5000 pdf does not appear in preview pane https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-does-not-appear-in-preview-pane/fcf536a7-568f-41d0-b9ec-fdc66df902dd"
  9. pdf doesn't preview in Windows 10 preview pane

pdf doesn't preview in Windows 10 preview pane: The preview pane in File Explorer of Windows 10 does not let me preview office nor pdf documents anymore. It only shows a little icon image and doesn't allow me to zoom in like it has done before. Is there a way to get the preview pane to let me preview all documents again?...
  10. file explorer windows 10 pdf preview pane

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer windows 10 pdf preview pane: can anyone help me in windows 7, I was able to to go into file explorer and would be able to see the document in the preview pane using PDF viewer Plus. Now I am unable to see anything. I cant seem to see any way to configure the file explorer to see any pdf files. Word files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. preview pane not working

2. preview pane not working windows 10

3. windows 10 preview pane not working

4. pdf preview NOT WORKING,
  5. pdf preview pane not working,
  6. my preview pane stopped working,
  7. preview pane not working pdf,
  8. preview pane not showing pdf,
  9. windows preview pane not working,
  10. preview pane pdf,
  11. windows 10 pdf preview not working,