Windows 10: PDF Print window defaults to Landscape

Discus and support PDF Print window defaults to Landscape in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few months ago this problem arose. When I go to print a PDF file, the print window defaults to Landscape. Almost all my documents are in portrait... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nantucketbob, Dec 1, 2018.

1. PDF Print window defaults to Landscape

A few months ago this problem arose.

When I go to print a PDF file, the print window defaults to Landscape. Almost all my documents are in portrait view.

I cannot find any setting in the print window that lets me set the default setting to portrait.

This seems strange. It is a nuisance.

The normal Office 365 print windows perform normally.

:)

Nantucketbob, Dec 1, 2018

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Dec 1, 2018
  4. PDF Print window defaults to Landscape

Microsoft print to PDF - truncates RHS of landscape doc

Has anyone found a fix for Landscape docs printing to PDF truncating? I'm using a brand spanking new PC with Windows 10 Home version 1607 pre-installed. Appreciate any help as I print to pdf all banks recs and it is cutting off the totals (prob most important
    part of the doc). I have checked and it is set to "Landscape"

Grumpy Nic, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

PDF Print window defaults to Landscape

1. PDF Print window defaults to Landscape - Similar Threads - PDF Print window

2. Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?: This problem only started a day or so now, but when using google chrome, and printing a Spreadsheet to PDF, when i press print, my previews and everything in chrome is showing the correct landscape orientation. When I actually save the file and then open it, the pages are...
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?: This problem only started a day or so now, but when using google chrome, and printing a Spreadsheet to PDF, when i press print, my previews and everything in chrome is showing the correct landscape orientation. When I actually save the file and then open it, the pages are...
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF now Auto Rotates Landscape pages to Portrait?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF: Hello,I am trying to combine a landscape and a portrait image into one pdf using Windows' Microsoft Print to PDF utility but I'm noticing that I am limited to setting the document to solely landscape or portrait mode which causes one of the images to be cut off or...
  6. Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Combining Landscape & Portrait Images Into PDF Using Microsoft Print to PDF: Hello,I am trying to combine a landscape and a portrait image into one pdf using Windows' Microsoft Print to PDF utility but I'm noticing that I am limited to setting the document to solely landscape or portrait mode which causes one of the images to be cut off or...
  7. Microsoft Print to PDF saves the PDF files in landscape orientation

Microsoft Print to PDF saves the PDF files in landscape orientation: When selecting multiple images to put together into a pdf in file explorer, I select print, select Microsoft print to pdf, then the image preview is rotated 90 degrees to a landscape orientation. An image, or scan that was in portrait orientation, is printed to a 90 degree...
  8. Windows print to PDF

Windows print to PDF: I want to print certain pages from a document using windows print to PDF. The file size is very large after I'm done with the new document. How do I reduce the size of the PDF file?...
  9. Preview of Landscape PDFs created with Microsoft print to PDF

Preview of Landscape PDFs created with Microsoft print to PDF: Hello, I have the following problem, if i print a document (from different programms) in orientation paper size. After viewing this in Adobe Acrobat or in Microsoft Edge the paper whould be shown in portrait. See the picture [ATTACH] On other pc`s, if I print the same...
  10. Landscape Printing Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Landscape Printing Issues: When trying to print a PDF file I can not change from portrait to landscape. I have also found this when trying to print using Windows Photos as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/landscape-printing-issues/e09e7463-15f0-482c-825d-abe7844948de"