Windows 10: PDF re-open

Discus and support PDF re-open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a small annoying problem, after I closed a pdf with the X , it re-open after a wild. Can be a problem if it's a confidential documents 2703 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PcQuebec, Oct 28, 2014.

1. PcQuebec Win User

PDF re-open

I have a small annoying problem, after I closed a pdf with the X , it re-open after a wild. Can be a problem if it's a confidential documents

:)

PcQuebec, Oct 28, 2014

2. IE 11 Set where new window open on the screen (i.e. always snapped right side)

Hello, I use a web page for research where I open links to PDF documents. I view hundreds of documents a day. I am trying to configure IE 11 to open the PDF in a window in a set position on my screen. I would like to have the web site with the links snapped
    to the left and the PDF's open snapped to the right. It would be a home run if the PDF could re-populate an open window that is set in the right side position. Any ideas?

SavingRyan, Oct 28, 2014
  3. Paul23 Win User
    Where are my IE Downloads?

PDF's that I download from a website and open in Adobe Reader remain available at a later time when I open Adobe Reader again. It lists all the pdf's that have been opened and I can re-open them. It seems that the file needs to have been opened by the
    app, but it doesn't have to be downloaded by the app.

Paul23, Oct 28, 2014
  4. Berton Win User

PDF re-open

What program? Has the document been saved?

Berton, Oct 28, 2014
  5. PcQuebec Win User
    The Windows 10 build-in reader, I have 0 issue with Acrobat XI Pro from my CC suite. Why save a document I don't create ? Those are PDF I get left and right on the web.

PcQuebec, Oct 28, 2014
  6. Kari Win User
    The native Windows Reader app behaved the same way in Windows 8 and 8.1; if the document is not closed it before exiting the app it will next time when launched show the last document.

If you right click withing the document, a bar opens at top showing all open documents. You need to close them all from the document icon's bottom right corner, first then exit the app:

PDF re-open [​IMG]

Now when you run the app next time it will show a blank page.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PDF re-open

1. PDF re-open - Similar Threads - PDF open

2. Change the default app to open pdf files from MS Edge to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the default app to open pdf files from MS Edge to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro in Windows 11: When I go to Default Apps and try to change it from MS Edge to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, it shows in the list of apps to change it to, but when I click on it and hit Set Default, nothing happens. It just remains as MS Edge. I tried going to the Properties of a .pdf file and...
  3. Change the default app to open pdf files from MS Edge to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the default app to open pdf files from MS Edge to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro in Windows 11: When I go to Default Apps and try to change it from MS Edge to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, it shows in the list of apps to change it to, but when I click on it and hit Set Default, nothing happens. It just remains as MS Edge. I tried going to the Properties of a .pdf file and...
  4. Cant change default app to open .pdf files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change default app to open .pdf files: I am trying to set adobe acrobat as default program to open .pdf files. I have adobe pdf reader installed on my PC. I right click .pdf file. It has Opens With: listed as Microsoft Edge. I click the change button then select Adobe Acrobat and hit select default button, but...
  5. Cant change default app to open .pdf files

Cant change default app to open .pdf files: I am trying to set adobe acrobat as default program to open .pdf files. I have adobe pdf reader installed on my PC. I right click .pdf file. It has Opens With: listed as Microsoft Edge. I click the change button then select Adobe Acrobat and hit select default button, but...
  6. Windows explorer jumps to the top whenever I open a PDF

Windows explorer jumps to the top whenever I open a PDF: This is a problem that others have asked about and Microsoft still hasn't fixed this problem. When is it getting fixed? Is anyone at Microsoft working on this problem? This 'solution' doesn't work, or if it does it goes right back to being a problem again: [Fix] File Explorer...
  7. Windows explorer jumps to the top whenever I open a PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer jumps to the top whenever I open a PDF: This is a problem that others have asked about and Microsoft still hasn't fixed this problem. When is it getting fixed? Is anyone at Microsoft working on this problem? This 'solution' doesn't work, or if it does it goes right back to being a problem again: [Fix] File Explorer...
  8. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...
  9. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...
  10. I can't open a normal pdf file in my personal laptop , it links directly to google and the...

I can't open a normal pdf file in my personal laptop , it links directly to google and the...: I can't open a normal pdf file in my personal laptop , it links directly to google and the same case for images it links itself directly to the drawing tool , what should I do ?...