Windows 10: PDF scans not converting in Word 2013

Discus and support PDF scans not converting in Word 2013 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Home v.20H2 Can anyone tell me why PDF scans of documents made by my HP Deskjet 2700 are not being converted to an editable .doc... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by frankdowns, Mar 15, 2021.

1. PDF scans not converting in Word 2013

Running Windows 10 Home v.20H2
    Can anyone tell me why PDF scans of documents made by my HP Deskjet 2700 are not being converted to an editable .doc format when I open them in MS Word 2013. Although Epson scan save them as .pdf, MS word still treats them as pictures. However, when I open "professional" PDF documents in Word it has no problem converting them to an editable format.
    Thanks.
    Frank

:)

frankdowns, Mar 15, 2021

2. Scan image and convert to word document

You need an OCR program. Also, if you have a smartphone, DocScanner Pro will scan and convert to PDF, if I understand the program correectly.

thebluebumblebee, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Kumar A. Win User
    How to convert word or presentation files or images into PDF

Hi Kailash,

Good day! I'm Anil, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. Let me help you sort things out.

To convert any document into pdf you can do with word save as pdf or use an online converter as below.

Convert image to document - Save images as PDF, DOC or TXT and more

JPG to PDF - Convert your Images to PDFs online for free!

To convert pdf to word follow step as below:-

https://www.howtogeek.com/269776/how-to-convert-pdf-files-and-images-into-google-docs-documents/

Thanks

Anil

Kumar A., Mar 15, 2021
  4. PDF scans not converting in Word 2013

How To Convert Bitmapped Pdf To RTF or Text or Word

The pdf file is not read/ or write only. Not password protected. I have what I believe is a Bitmapped Pdf (scanned/ OCR?) file that I cannot convert to word nor can I print it again to another PDF file in order to copy and paste text. I tried FoxitReaderPortable with no success. I have come across several online converters but I do not want to upload the file anywhere. I also do not want to contact the entity that sent me the file and ask for a different version. I don't think they have a different version. Ideally I would be looking for a portable bitmapped to PDF to Word editor. A cursory GOOGLE search came up empty. I tried saving it to Google Drive, MS print to PDF and other "tricks" but I failed. Suggestions appreciated.

phaedruspress, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

PDF scans not converting in Word 2013

1. PDF scans not converting in Word 2013 - Similar Threads - PDF scans converting

2. Converting from PDF to Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting from PDF to Word: How do I convert a document from a PDF to Word????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/converting-from-pdf-to-word/f7b000a9-2990-4ced-aa0c-5308f2e36e02
  3. Converting from PDF to Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting from PDF to Word: How do I convert a document from a PDF to Word????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/converting-from-pdf-to-word/f7b000a9-2990-4ced-aa0c-5308f2e36e02
  4. Converts PDF file to Word Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converts PDF file to Word Automatically: Each time I download and/or save a PDF my computer saves it as a Word file--everytime. It used to save them as Adobe files, and I have the latest Adobe reader. A month ago, this changed, and I have not been able to reverse it. I hope someone can help me get rid of this...
  5. Converts PDF file to Word Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converts PDF file to Word Automatically: Each time I download and/or save a PDF my computer saves it as a Word file--everytime. It used to save them as Adobe files, and I have the latest Adobe reader. A month ago, this changed, and I have not been able to reverse it. I hope someone can help me get rid of this...
  6. Convert a PDF document to Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert a PDF document to Word: I have windows 10. I tried to convert two documents from PDF to Word with the help of Smallpdf.com. The conversions actually took place but I cannot open the word documents because it says that I must use come converting software in my PC. Unfortunately that does not work...
  7. How to convert a pdf document into word?

How to convert a pdf document into word?: How do I convert a pdf document into a word document in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-a-pdf-document-into-word/9c2a6a2f-5663-4e6b-b2be-13f907952c15"
  8. Unable to convert Word doc to PDF

Unable to convert Word doc to PDF: When I convert word doc to pdf the resulting document does not contain photos, loses a full page of text, & re-orders the document. What can I do to fix the problem? I have the most current version of Office 365. Thanks....
  9. Word automatically converting to pdf

Word automatically converting to pdf: When I open up a word document, sent by email, word automatically converts the word document to a pdf which throws the layout out. How do I stop it from doing this?...
  10. Office 2013 and PDF files-line converter

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 and PDF files-line converter: Years ago, I used an online service to create a Resume. It was downloaded as a Pdf file. I need to update that file now but am having problems. Supposedly I could use Worrd to convert Pdf to Docx. Couldn't do it. So I used an on-line converter. Got the file, tried using...