Windows 10: PDF Slow

Discus and support PDF Slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having problems viewing pdf files, when I close one pdf I have to wait for about 5seconds before I can open another because the screen hangs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by iscameron, Sep 29, 2020.

1. iscameron Win User

PDF Slow

I am having problems viewing pdf files, when I close one pdf I have to wait for about 5seconds before I can open another because the screen hangs.

:)

iscameron, Sep 29, 2020

2. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Sep 29, 2020
  4. PDF Slow

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

PDF Slow

1. PDF Slow - Similar Threads - PDF Slow

2. Microsoft PDF to Print Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft PDF to Print Drivers: Can someone please help me find a way to get the Microsoft PDF to Print Drivers? I have been looking for them and I am not able to find them. I ran Windows Update and I still do not have the drivers. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. pdf files on desktop or in open Explorer windows cause Windows icons to flash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pdf files on desktop or in open Explorer windows cause Windows icons to flash: This is a repeat problem: When there is a .pdf file on my desktop or in an open Windows Explorer window, any visible icons flash i.e. in the folder, taskbar, etc.. In addition, CPU and power usage byWindows Explorer is extremely high. I previously diagnosed this to be...
  4. PDF really slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PDF really slow: I have problem with Adobe software. Till I’ve had just the Reader the PDF file copying or simply PDF preview was very fast. I have brand new machine. After buying and installing full Adobe version it all went to shit. Preview in Explorer either takes dozens of seconds to...
  5. date modified changes when adding tags to PDF files

in Windows 10 Support
    date modified changes when adding tags to PDF files: Hello, I am using windows 10 and I am trying to organize a very large number of files scattered everywhere on my laptop. The files are a variety of different formats, PDF, word, excel, .txt, blackberry backup files (.bbb), audio and video files as well. When I add a tag or...
  6. Can no longer use Edge Legacy as a pdf reader once I installed the 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can no longer use Edge Legacy as a pdf reader once I installed the 20H2 update: Is there a way to bring it back? Edge Chromium is still an inferior browser for looking at PDFs.. submitted by /u/RoiteTrom36 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfhn44/can_no_longer_use_edge_legacy_as_a_pdf_reader/
  7. Is there any pdf reader of Microsoft?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is there any pdf reader of Microsoft?: Is there any pdf reader of Microsoft? I have no PDF Reader so I am finding the most trusted Microsoft PDF Reader Except Edge. If there any please inform....
  8. I cannot open PDF's

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot open PDF's: I cannot open PDF with Adobe Acrobat Reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-pdfs/6acd27dc-0728-4614-873d-17f5ff5275b7
  9. Pdf files from intranet opens very slow in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pdf files from intranet opens very slow in windows 10 pro: Hi, I have three computers in my home connected through LAN. Two of the computers run on windows 7 and 1 computer runs on windows 10. I have shared a folder from a windows 7 pc and mapped network drive on other two. Here is what the problem is... Pdf files in network drive...
  10. Extremely slow printing to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extremely slow printing to PDF: I have a rather large Excel file (over 450 sheets). With Windows 7, I used to be able to Save as PDF, the save took about 10 minutes. I have recently updated to Windows 10 (I have version 1909) and the same save takes hours (over 6 or 7 hours). The time grows exponentially as...