Windows 10: PDF text is rectangular & unreadable

Discus and support PDF text is rectangular & unreadable in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Our Senior Center provides us with monthly pdf newsletters. --- At their office those newsletters are readable. They have a third-party company that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MeAndMyComputer, Oct 3, 2018.

1. PDF text is rectangular & unreadable

Our Senior Center provides us with monthly pdf newsletters.
    --- At their office those newsletters are readable.

They have a third-party company that sends them out via an email distribution list.
    --- Until June 2018 they were readable.
    --- However, starting in July 2018 something changed, the text is no longer readable as characters are in rectangular form.
    --- The graphics for events & ads were still fine.

PDF text is rectangular & unreadable [​IMG]

That's 4 months in a row now: I'd like to investigate possible causes.
    --- Advice please
    --- On those rectangular boxes, is there a technical name for them?

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Oct 3, 2018

2. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Searching in PDF?

Hey guys, I need to look up a large list of data from a PDF file, basically just to check if each entry of the list is in the pdf. Is there some way to do this without having to check one by one?

ebolamonkey3, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Anna Bon Win User

PDF text is rectangular & unreadable

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

PDF text is rectangular & unreadable

1. PDF text is rectangular & unreadable - Similar Threads - PDF text rectangular

2. web cam text is mirrored ie unreadable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web cam text is mirrored ie unreadable: I need to upload ID by using my computer web cam but the text is mirrored ie unreadable. How can I fix this to upload ID? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-cam-text-is-mirrored-ie-unreadable/86d8e11c-6b0d-4aa4-86d5-bfbc10f4ce9c
  3. Some mail is unreadable. Displays as text with formating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some mail is unreadable. Displays as text with formating: Some of the messages in Mail are unreadable. They display as text and formatting instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-mail-is-unreadable-displays-as-text-with/27a7b188-a9da-4c2e-a2ab-33c2783bdb7a
  4. Some mail is unreadable. Displays as text with formating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some mail is unreadable. Displays as text with formating: Some of the messages in Mail are unreadable. They display as text and formatting instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-mail-is-unreadable-displays-as-text-with/27a7b188-a9da-4c2e-a2ab-33c2783bdb7a
  5. RDP: low contrast / unreadable texts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP: low contrast / unreadable texts: [ATTACH] Using RDP sessions there are sometimes nearly unreadable (low contrast) parts. Transparency and RemoteFX have already been deactivated but with no effect....
  6. mouse over texte unreadable - White on White

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse over texte unreadable - White on White: Hello,On Windows 11, I have an issue with mouseover Text. It's white and nearly unreadable.It's a fresh install of W11, the theme is personalized dark for windows, light for appsOn day 1 of the install, the text was black or grey don't remember, now it's white.See screen...
  7. mouse over texte unreadable - White on White

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse over texte unreadable - White on White: Hello,On Windows 11, I have an issue with mouseover Text. It's white and nearly unreadable.It's a fresh install of W11, the theme is personalized dark for windows, light for appsOn day 1 of the install, the text was black or grey don't remember, now it's white.See screen...
  8. win10 bsod. text unreadable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 bsod. text unreadable: I've read a lot about blue screens but no one ever posted saying they couldn't read it.Sometimes the text is legible other times it appears to be a different language, it could be just gibberish. . But either way it always reboots. I've tried to disable the reboot feature but...
  9. Explorer dark mode text unreadable bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer dark mode text unreadable bug: [ATTACH] Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0 is black and unreadable submitted by /u/tommasovdev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9s97t/explorer_dark_mode_text_unreadable_bug/
  10. Text in Edge's Tabpage unreadable

in Browsers and Email
    Text in Edge's Tabpage unreadable: Something very minor but annoying. I noticed the following recently: [img] The color of the texts in the tabs are the same as the color of the tabheaders themselves which make them hard to read. Anyone else who has this? 89890

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what do you do if your text is unreadable in pdf