Windows 10: PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied.

Discus and support PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In my organisation we get this message pretty often. BUT if we choose to open it in a web-browser instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader, it opens at once. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marte Aasvang, Sep 15, 2022.

1. PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied.

In my organisation we get this message pretty often. BUT if we choose to open it in a web-browser instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader, it opens at once. We cant edit it win the web-browser so this is not a long-time-solution for us. Is there something we can do to be able to open it i Adobe Acrobat Reader?

:)

Marte Aasvang, Sep 15, 2022

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader - Adobe Support Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 15, 2022
  3. Edwin Win User
    Open pdf documents with 2 different applications

Right click on each specific App and choose the pdf from the jump list.

Edwin, Sep 15, 2022
  4. Mark Isi Win User

PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied.

Microsoft PDF Document Writer not appear

Hello,

Just to verify your concern, are you having trouble viewing a PDF document? If so, please supply us with the following information listed below:

• What app are you using to open the file?
    • Any error messages when trying to launch the document?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • When did this issue started to occur?
    Please advise.

Mark Isi, Sep 15, 2022
Thema:

PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied.

1. PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied. - Similar Threads - PDF was error

2. Access Denied, Doc and Pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied, Doc and Pdf: OK folks been having computer issues, so we created a new user profile and moved everything over there.now, I can't open doc or pdf files! What a hassle!I hope there's an easy fix!...
  3. Access Denied, Doc and Pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied, Doc and Pdf: OK folks been having computer issues, so we created a new user profile and moved everything over there.now, I can't open doc or pdf files! What a hassle!I hope there's an easy fix!...
  4. Opening .pdf using Blue Beam Revu - Error 0x800701B: Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening .pdf using Blue Beam Revu - Error 0x800701B: Access is denied.: Attempting to use Autodesk Docs and accessing a .pdf within. I am the administrator for the system.See below for error:An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can error code to search for help with this problem....
  5. Opening .pdf using Blue Beam Revu - Error 0x800701B: Access is denied.

Opening .pdf using Blue Beam Revu - Error 0x800701B: Access is denied.: Attempting to use Autodesk Docs and accessing a .pdf within. I am the administrator for the system.See below for error:An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can error code to search for help with this problem....
  6. Documents saved using Print to PDF function give access denied when opened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents saved using Print to PDF function give access denied when opened.: I am hoping someone can offer some insight outside of the usual suspects as to why this might be. I have a customer who uses the print to PDF function to save files on to the organizations shared drive for easy consumption by others at the organization. After a recent Windows...
  7. Documents saved using Print to PDF function give access denied when opened.

Documents saved using Print to PDF function give access denied when opened.: I am hoping someone can offer some insight outside of the usual suspects as to why this might be. I have a customer who uses the print to PDF function to save files on to the organizations shared drive for easy consumption by others at the organization. After a recent Windows...
  8. Documents saved using Print to PDF function give access denied when opened.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF there was an error opening this document. Access denied.: In my organisation we get this message pretty often. BUT if we choose to open it in a web-browser instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader, it opens at once. We cant edit it win the web-browser so this is not a long-time-solution for us. Is there something we can do to be able to open...
  10. Access denied of "Documents"

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied of "Documents": Hi, I just recently realised that my folder "Documents" can't be edited. Whenever I try to delete a file or change a name in it, it just gives me the error of "Access denied" even though I am the admin of the computer. I provided a screenshot. [img] I found a .reg...