Windows 10: PDF thumbnails in windows explrer - available in windows 10S??

Discus and support PDF thumbnails in windows explrer - available in windows 10S?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I typically use foxit reader in order to show PDF thumbnail previews in Windows explorer. Is there something available in the windows store which will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scoob101, Nov 10, 2018.

1. scoob101 Win User

PDF thumbnails in windows explrer - available in windows 10S??

I typically use foxit reader in order to show PDF thumbnail previews in Windows explorer.

Is there something available in the windows store which will do the same?

:)

scoob101, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 10, 2018
  3. jsmin Win User
    Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Nov 10, 2018
  4. PDF thumbnails in windows explrer - available in windows 10S??

PDF thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 windows explorer

Windows 10's windows explorer does not show PDF thumbnails, only the PDF icon.... Checked all of my icon/thumbnail settings all are set to show thumbnails not icons ….. 95% of my work is with PDF's please fix or inform how to switch back to 8.1 …... NO PDF
    THUMBNAILS IS HURTING MY BUSINESS....

ChrisMalchow, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

PDF thumbnails in windows explrer - available in windows 10S??

1. PDF thumbnails in windows explrer - available in windows 10S?? - Similar Threads - PDF thumbnails explrer

2. PDF thumbnail view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF thumbnail view: Is there a thumbnail view for PDFs? PDF docs in folders are displayed as icons. It would be very helpful if I could view them as images. I have Acrobat DC, and the whole creative suite....
  3. Pdf and Word thumbnail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pdf and Word thumbnail: I can only see very few thumbnails of my document roughly about 20% of word and pdf. I have tried various common methods to show my thumbnail yet nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-and-word-thumbnail/3f213019-ad51-4cfd-8429-de7d50ae5b4d
  4. PDF thumbnails broken in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF thumbnails broken in windows: Its never worked great but pdf thumbnails in explorer seems pretty broke in windows 10. I dont know if its the latest CU update or a recent update to Adobe reader (both have occurred last few days) but now just get generic Adobe icons for pdf. the old trick to open Adobe...
  5. PDF thumbnails disappeared in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF thumbnails disappeared in Windows Explorer: Hello Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎28-‎May-‎20OS build 19042.746 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 PDF APP: Nitro Pro, Sumatra, Foxit After the Windows update of mid Jan 21 and the update to Nitro 13.33 Pro the thumbnails of PDF...
  6. Problem with PDF thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with PDF thumbnails: Hello I have new laptop (Win 10 Home). The previews/thumbnails of pdf files, however, are only black squares/tiles. And even if I manage to get a preview, the pdf is shown in such an ugly white square. [ATTACH] The problem is completely random, it can switch from black to...
  7. Preview pdf in Windows 10S file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview pdf in Windows 10S file explorer: Is there any way to preview pdf's in Windows 10S file explorer? Thanks. Tracy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pdf-in-windows-10s-file-explorer/98d9c409-9d81-45da-803c-49d24e4d751f"
  8. Preview and thumbnails of pdf files are not available

Preview and thumbnails of pdf files are not available: I installed Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit and Adobe Acrobat X Pro but I cannot see preview and thumbnails of pdf files. I just find the Icon for Adobe Acrobat on each pdf....
  9. PDF thumbnails

PDF thumbnails: I’d like to learn how the file explorer preview pane display thumbnails of PDF documents. I need it to capture and then save the thumbnail of the first page of PDFs to a photo format (e.g., jpg, png, tiff, etc)....
  10. PDF thumbnails in windows explorer - available in windows 10S??

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF thumbnails in windows explorer - available in windows 10S??: I typically use foxit reader in order to show PDF thumbnail previews in Windows explorer. Is there something available in the windows store which will do the same? 121385

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adobe pdf thumbnail fix

2. error running foxit in windows 10s