Windows 10: PDF thumbnails

Discus and support PDF thumbnails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’d like to learn how the file explorer preview pane display thumbnails of PDF documents. I need it to capture and then save the thumbnail of the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KariJohnson1, Dec 6, 2018.

1. PDF thumbnails

I’d like to learn how the file explorer preview pane display thumbnails of PDF documents. I need it to capture and then save the thumbnail of the first page of PDFs to a photo format (e.g., jpg, png, tiff, etc).

:)

KariJohnson1, Dec 6, 2018

2. PDF Thumbnail Preview in Windows Explorer without installed PDF Preview Handler?

Can PDF thumbnails in Windows Explorer (7 or 8 or 10) show the first page of the PDF file without having to install a custom PDF Preview Handler from Adobe or Foxit or from Tracker Software or from one of the other known preview providers?

Please note: I do NOT mean the specific File Preview pane in Windows Explorer where one can scroll through all the pages of a PDF document (which is provided by a PDF Preview Handler e.g. from Adobe)!

I explicitly mean the thumbnails inside the Windows Explorer browsing area when the Windows Explorer View Mode is set to THUMBNAILS.

If the answer is NO: Can you suggest a MINIMAL installation package for this functionality (thumbnails displaying PDF first page) without having to install Adobe Reader or one of those large PDF packages from one of the other PDF brands?

user1580348, Dec 6, 2018
  3. ste0 Win User
    PDF thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 file explorer

In Acrobat Reader DC, go to Preferences > General and then select Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer.

This should show thumbnails in File Explorer. For some reason, my selection got turned off (not by me). Check your settings again. I have done this same step for numerous computers now, and so far they all work.

The first time you do this, Adobe Reader DC actually has a pop-up saying something like installing a add-on or extension. If you don't see this, then I suggest a reinstall of the latest DC.

ste0, Dec 6, 2018
  4. PDF thumbnails

Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

PDF thumbnails

1. PDF thumbnails - Similar Threads - PDF thumbnails

2. Windows 10 .pdf thumbnails not showing in explorer simple fix that actually works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 .pdf thumbnails not showing in explorer simple fix that actually works: After trying every single tip on how to get the thumbnails working as they did in win 7, I finally figured out the fix. When downloading adobe reader, scroll down to more download options and click that. For version, select the one that does not have 64 bit after the name....
  3. PDF'S no thumbnails tried regeadit and preferences, need helpies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF'S no thumbnails tried regeadit and preferences, need helpies: hey everyone, PDFS, have only generic acrobat logos, no thumbnails,I have set preferences in adobe, I have tried multiple reg edit fixes, nothing seems to work and get me them spicy thumbnails...
  4. PDF'S no thumbnails tried regeadit and preferences, need helpies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF'S no thumbnails tried regeadit and preferences, need helpies: hey everyone, PDFS, have only generic acrobat logos, no thumbnails,I have set preferences in adobe, I have tried multiple reg edit fixes, nothing seems to work and get me them spicy thumbnails...
  5. PDF'S no thumbnails tried regeadit and preferences, need helpies

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. PDF thumbnail view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF thumbnail view: Is there a thumbnail view for PDFs? PDF docs in folders are displayed as icons. It would be very helpful if I could view them as images. I have Acrobat DC, and the whole creative suite....
  7. PDF thumbnail view

PDF thumbnail view: Is there a thumbnail view for PDFs? PDF docs in folders are displayed as icons. It would be very helpful if I could view them as images. I have Acrobat DC, and the whole creative suite....
  8. Windows 11: .txt and .png Thumbnails Suddenly Not Shown on Desktop - .jpeg, .pdf, etc., Do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: .txt and .png Thumbnails Suddenly Not Shown on Desktop - .jpeg, .pdf, etc., Do...: I tried everything, including rebuilding the thumbnail db / ICON cache, all to no avail. I am stumped by the suddenness - when it WAS fine - and only for a couple of file types, which I have not changed.Any suggestions?Thanks...Andy...
  9. Windows 11: .txt and .png Thumbnails Suddenly Not Shown on Desktop - .jpeg, .pdf, etc., Do...

Windows 11: .txt and .png Thumbnails Suddenly Not Shown on Desktop - .jpeg, .pdf, etc., Do...: I tried everything, including rebuilding the thumbnail db / ICON cache, all to no avail. I am stumped by the suddenness - when it WAS fine - and only for a couple of file types, which I have not changed.Any suggestions?Thanks...Andy...
  10. Pdf adobe acrobat reader dc thumbnails not showing in windows 11

Pdf adobe acrobat reader dc thumbnails not showing in windows 11: Hello. I can´t view thumbnails of my pdfs in my windows 11. I´ve done the fix downloaded from https://www.pretentiousname.com/adobe_pdf_x64_fix/index.html#downlBut it doesn´t work.More solutions?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pdf thumbnails 2019