Windows 10: PDF when opened in word is not readable

Discus and support PDF when opened in word is not readable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't understand why all at once, when I open a PDF file in word it is not readable and I can't print it readable. I have Windows 10, and before I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cederpond, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Cederpond Win User

PDF when opened in word is not readable

I don't understand why all at once, when I open a PDF file in word it is not readable and I can't print it readable. I have Windows 10, and before I could open PDF's in window word and it was readable.

:)

Cederpond, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Symbols instead of readable words

I do have the Chinese fonts installed on my computer and the problem still occurs, which is why it puzzled me. Anyway, I have solved the problem with another suggestion. I simply opened it with Word and Word converted the fonts using an encoding that will
    make the words readable.

Thanks a lot.

LeoHao Ling, Dec 3, 2018
  4. PDF when opened in word is not readable

Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Community: Acrobat Reader | Adobe Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

PDF when opened in word is not readable

1. PDF when opened in word is not readable - Similar Threads - PDF opened word

2. Word to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word to PDF: Is there anyway to convert WORD to PDF directly from Windows Explorer without having to open and save as PDF? If not, Microsoft can we add that option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-to-pdf/1239413f-8684-4451-a9f0-399ea7790dbb
  3. Word to PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word to PDF: Is there anyway to convert WORD to PDF directly from Windows Explorer without having to open and save as PDF? If not, Microsoft can we add that option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-to-pdf/1239413f-8684-4451-a9f0-399ea7790dbb
  4. Word and ppt files not readable anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word and ppt files not readable anymore: Bonjour,I have problems with Microsoft office files .Text are no more readable and i can't write a readable text anymore pictures belowStyle of Font are deleted.I can't detect the virus with any of anti-virus. I use Windows defender for now.Windows 10 Professionnel Any help...
  5. Word and ppt files not readable anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word and ppt files not readable anymore: Bonjour,I have problems with Microsoft office files .Text are no more readable and i can't write a readable text anymore pictures belowStyle of Font are deleted.I can't detect the virus with any of anti-virus. I use Windows defender for now.Windows 10 Professionnel Any help...
  6. Word and ppt files not readable anymore

7. PDF and Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF and Word: I thought it would be a good idea for myself to change all my PDF files to open automatically with word. Now none of my files will open that converted to work. I need to change them all back to PDF because now I'm unable to access any course material. Thank you....
  8. PDF and Word

PDF and Word: I thought it would be a good idea for myself to change all my PDF files to open automatically with word. Now none of my files will open that converted to work. I need to change them all back to PDF because now I'm unable to access any course material. Thank you....
  9. PDF to Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF to Word: I need to convert my PDF to Word. It says to right click on the PDF, but it's not offering any other format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-to-word/9a2f1e55-8593-45dd-9eb8-2248f412bec1"
  10. ebooks are not appearing in readable English words

in Windows 10 Customization
    ebooks are not appearing in readable English words: Split from this thread. ebooks are not appearing in readable English words https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/ebooks-are-not-appearing-in-readable-english-words/bc5b2b9b-5c11-4f80-9b19-86a80ca50296

Users found this page by searching for:

1. converted pdf to word but not readable how do i convert it back

2. word to pdf not readable