Windows 10: PDP Afterglow Headset. Can hear mic in headset, but can't find it in windows?

Discus and support PDP Afterglow Headset. Can hear mic in headset, but can't find it in windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This afterglow headset comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack which is in my headphones (I can hear everything from my PC completely fine), and a USB for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ToriiLink, Dec 10, 2019.

1. PDP Afterglow Headset. Can hear mic in headset, but can't find it in windows?

This afterglow headset comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack which is in my headphones (I can hear everything from my PC completely fine), and a USB for power and the mic. If I tap or talk into the mic, I hear it in the headset. So I know it works. However, I cannot find it in recording devices. How do I find it to use the mic?

submitted by /u/ToriiLink
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ToriiLink, Dec 10, 2019

2. Afterglow ag9 headset

Im having an issue with the manufactures of the afterglow ag9 headsets “PDP”.

the item i bought was faulty, PDP accepted liability and requested i send the headset back for a replacement. This happened 7 weeks ago and PDP keep telling me to wait another 2-3 weeks for a replcement. The customer services at PDP are terriable and are
    unhelpfull. Can microsoft help out?

eddytottenham, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Windbrand Win User
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Dec 10, 2019
  4. N3RDGASAM Win User

PDP Afterglow Headset. Can hear mic in headset, but can't find it in windows?

afterglow headset doesn't connect!!!

i have the usb in the port and when i go to turn on the wireless headset it beeps on. While it's beeping on im looking at the
    Bluetooth and Other Devices screen in my computer settings. Before the headset turns on the "Afterglow universal wireless gaming headset" device is under the
    Audio section on that page, then the headset turns on it moves down to
    Other Devices section. When that happens i cant hear anything from the headset and my sound goes back to the built in speakers on the computer.

N3RDGASAM, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

PDP Afterglow Headset. Can hear mic in headset, but can't find it in windows?

1. PDP Afterglow Headset. Can hear mic in headset, but can't find it in windows? - Similar Threads - PDP Afterglow Headset

2. Windows 11 can't find headset mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't find headset mic.: Just purchased a new gaming computer. I have speakers set up to it, and wanted to use my Fusion headset and mic. When I plug the headset into the headset port on top of the computer, my headphones work, but windows 11 doesn't detect a mic. If I plug it into the mic port, the...
  3. Windows 11 can't find headset mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can't find headset mic.: Just purchased a new gaming computer. I have speakers set up to it, and wanted to use my Fusion headset and mic. When I plug the headset into the headset port on top of the computer, my headphones work, but windows 11 doesn't detect a mic. If I plug it into the mic port, the...
  4. Headset mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic: So I bought a headset with mic to play for gaming now here comes the confusing part when I plug it in to pc and I speak into the microphone nothing works, how ever when I speak into ear piece it works Ive tried every setting there is. Please help on what I can do 171624
  5. headset mic

headset mic: I purchased a headset Frontech model no HF-3442 which has two pins one red and one is green when i insert both the pins I can hear the sounds from the computer but my mic of the headset is detected by the computer but when i speak anything it is not able to recognize...
  6. Headset mic

Headset mic: So a few days ago my partners headset mic stopped working. He can hear but people cannot hear him. I thought it may be where the headset was plugged into so tried it on my pc and didnt work. Then i tried my headset on his pc and my pc and mine did not work either. Now they...
  7. Can't configure headset mic

Can't configure headset mic: I've been trying to troubleshoot this for months, and gave up a while back. Now I'm just asking for help. I Build a PC a few months ago and installed windows 10. Everything works fine, except microphones. I have a bose headset with one 3.5mm cable, but I know it has a working...
  8. Mic and Headset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic and Headset: Ok so basically, I have a gaming headset with a mic, I plugged it in via audio jack of my windows 10 computer. At the beginning each time I plugged in my headset my computer would ask me what I plugged in (Headphones, Mic, ETC). So I set it to headphones and clicked: Don't...
  9. Headset mic

Headset mic: im a pc gamer and i like to talk to my friends while playing, but to do so i have to use an xbox controller, because when i plug my headset into the jack on my pc, the sound works but not the mic. and i went into the sounds control panel, and the mic says that the input is...
  10. afterglow headset doesn't connect!!!

afterglow headset doesn't connect!!!: i have the usb in the port and when i go to turn on the wireless headset it beeps on. While it's beeping on im looking at the Bluetooth and Other Devices screen in my computer settings. Before the headset turns on the "Afterglow universal wireless gaming headset" device is...