Windows 10: PE saved to start Menu?

Discus and support PE saved to start Menu? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi I have been creating back-ups of my system first using AOMEI and then Macrium Free. Yesterday after creating my PE using Macrium I found that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Oleg6, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Oleg6 Win User

PE saved to start Menu?

Hi I have been creating back-ups of my system first using AOMEI and then Macrium Free. Yesterday after creating my PE using Macrium I found that the computer was booting to a dual boot screen listing Windows 10 on top and Macrium on the bottom, in order to fix this and go directly to W 10 I used System Configuration (I think) to eliminate the the options screen from showing. This morning after a reboot due to an update it booted directly to Macrium PE which has I guess been written to the startup menu, I have since changed the default back to Windows 10 and it does boot to W 10. I have just checked in System Configuration and it has now returned to Macrium as the default, each time I choose Normal Startup in the General Tab of System Configuration the default changes back to Macrium, and each time I select Windows 10 as the default in the Boot Tab, Normal startup is changed to Selective Startup (Use original boot configuration is unchecked) in the General Tab. I also notice that the option to show the screen to choose the OS is no longer available in the Startup Tab of System Configuration, (I think, I'm starting to question whether it was there or not) it says to use the Task Manager to manage startup items, also I see that in the Startup Tab of the Task Manager "Macrium Reflect UI Watcher" is listed as Enabled.
    What I would like to do is eliminate Macrium as a choice (I have the PE on USB and DVD) to startup from and return startup options in System Configuration to normal. Is it safe to just delete "Macrium Reflect System Recovery (\Windows)" from the Boot tab in System Configuration and will that eliminate the problem? This "Macrium Reflect UI Watcher" listed in the startup tab of Task Manager, what is it and can I get rid of it?
    Thanks I hope this is clear enough.

:)

Oleg6, Jan 13, 2021

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 13, 2021
  4. PE saved to start Menu?

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

PE saved to start Menu?

1. PE saved to start Menu? - Similar Threads - saved start Menu

2. Notification Centre Crashing & Start Menu Not Saving Layout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notification Centre Crashing & Start Menu Not Saving Layout: Hey everyone - recently I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows 10.I'm not entirely sure what triggered it but, for a while, every time that I open my notification centre, it crashes. The bar will open for a few seconds , my notifications won't seem to have updated and...
  3. WINDOWS PE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS PE: tengo instalado Windows PE, realice un upgrade la pasada semana y el sistema operativo no carga y no puedo usar el pc deseo salir de ese windows y volver a la normalidad, baje el windows 10 via internet no tengo disco para reparar la instalación. ¿Alguna solución?...
  4. RE: Start Menu Changes Not Saved; ShellExperienceHost, SearchUI,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    RE: Start Menu Changes Not Saved; ShellExperienceHost, SearchUI,...: My relatively new Windows 10 machine was intended as a music and video production-only workstation, so I previously disabled all network functionality to ensure no Update meddling or Rootkit shenanigans. However, my old Windows 7 computer, serving as Internet workstation,...
  5. Minecraft PE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft PE: A month or two ago, I bought the Minecraft Pocket Edition from the Android Playstore. I can join my friend's world but he can't and since we don't play on Realms, that's the way we can explore each other's world. Upon checking my Minecraft account on their official website, I...
  6. Personalising the Start menu doesn't save after reboot

Personalising the Start menu doesn't save after reboot: Since the automatic upgrade this week for Windows many of my settings were reset including the Start Menu / Task Bar. I have personalised both since the upgrade. The task bar icons stay personalised after reboot. However the Start Menu resets each time. Am I missing a...
  7. Win 10 Pro Start Menu not Saving

Win 10 Pro Start Menu not Saving: I have read and tried about everything on the net pertaining to this issue, all current updates and Ver. 1809. It only affects one of the 2 pc's I have. Could someone give me the correct fix for this issue. All help is greatly appreciated, Thanks, Bob...
  8. Windows 10 v1803 Start Menu Layput not saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 v1803 Start Menu Layput not saving: I just reinstalled Windows 10 v1803 and I keep on noticing that when I remove all items from the Start Menu Layout, after a reboot they come back again. My system is fully updated, all the correct drivers installed. Its even doing this on my Admin account as well. After...
  9. Can't save changes to desktop, start menu, etc. Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save changes to desktop, start menu, etc. Help!: I'm trying to use TeamViewer 11 to help my elderly Dad get his Win10 machine running again after something reset it, or at least wiped out his preferences. I was able to restore some of his desktop shortcuts, but I can't get any more shortcuts to stick. Any changes I make...
  10. Start Menu Layout will not save the changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Layout will not save the changes: I just did a clean installed of Windows 10 (1709) and as I recall, this happened to me a while back as well when the Start Menu Layout will not save the changes. So when I Unpin all the apps from the Start Layout, it will not save the settings even after all the updates and...