Windows 10: PE_C_PUBLIC folder in Regedit

Discus and support PE_C_PUBLIC folder in Regedit in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Has anyone had - or solved an issue where they find this folder in their registry editor? Its completely f**king annoying, can't delete it using the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MalcolmWithers, Sep 21, 2018.

1. PE_C_PUBLIC folder in Regedit

Has anyone had - or solved an issue where they find this folder in their registry editor?

Its completely f**king annoying, can't delete it using the right click, sometimes can remove it with PowerShell commands then a restart & or a complete uninstall & reinstall of the VPN, at times when its there it causes my VPN to freezer & not operate correctly (& no its not part of the VPN or any other program or app on the PC that I am aware of), sometimes after it has disappeared it stays gone for 2 - 3 hrs other times back again within minutes.

A search of google for PE_C_PUBLIC folder in regedit found nothing.

What the hell is it, why does it do the above & how the hell can it be blocked or prevented from being added or attaching to the registry?

Only ever connect to the internet using a VPN & at times swap between server locations to try & ensure not on 1 server for any great length of time or consistently.

:)

MalcolmWithers, Sep 21, 2018

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 21, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 21, 2018
  4. GSquadron Win User

PE_C_PUBLIC folder in Regedit

AMD gpu info on regedit

I wanted to know how to find the amd gpu on regedit,
    since it seems impossible with all the folders it has,
    even after searching and which key is the right one?

GSquadron, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

PE_C_PUBLIC folder in Regedit

1. PE_C_PUBLIC folder in Regedit - Similar Threads - PE_C_PUBLIC folder Regedit

2. PasswordLess folder missing from Regedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PasswordLess folder missing from Regedit: Hello.My computer is no longer accepting my pin. When I sign in with my username and password - it takes me right back to the pin screen. I also CAN NOT change my pin. I get the following error. Status: 0x80090011, substatus: 0x0I followed all the steps below - but I don't...
  3. PasswordLess folder missing from Regedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PasswordLess folder missing from Regedit: Hello.My computer is no longer accepting my pin. When I sign in with my username and password - it takes me right back to the pin screen. I also CAN NOT change my pin. I get the following error. Status: 0x80090011, substatus: 0x0I followed all the steps below - but I don't...
  4. Where is the OneDrive context menu folder in "regedit"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the OneDrive context menu folder in "regedit": Hello!I am trying to add an option to the OneDrive context menu. Basically, all OneDrive files have their OneDrive context menu such as "show online" and I want to add one.I already know how to add context menu points, but I don't wish to create one that activates for all...
  5. Where is the OneDrive context menu folder in "regedit"

Where is the OneDrive context menu folder in "regedit": Hello!I am trying to add an option to the OneDrive context menu. Basically, all OneDrive files have their OneDrive context menu such as "show online" and I want to add one.I already know how to add context menu points, but I don't wish to create one that activates for all...
  6. I can't create folder in regedit!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't create folder in regedit!: It's based in ASP.NET Machine Account.I can't create folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-create-folder-in-regedit/dfe8e2be-882a-4650-a2ff-4dfaccff6b2a
  7. I can't create folder in regedit!

I can't create folder in regedit!: It's based in ASP.NET Machine Account.I can't create folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-create-folder-in-regedit/dfe8e2be-882a-4650-a2ff-4dfaccff6b2a
  8. I removed a large regedit folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I removed a large regedit folder: Hey, I tried to delete a registry file, but I accidentally removed the entire software folder in "local machine" now I cannot log in to windows, what can I do? (Also, I don't think I can turn it on in safe mode, cause the restart option does not work that well) submitted by...
  9. Regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regedit: Umm.... I don't really know how to start this my computer is behaving weirdly screenshots are not getting saved and i know the problem it's the regedit i have been modifying it bit too much lately so is there any way I can restore the registry to deafult without having to...
  10. Is it safe to delete program folders in regedit?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete program folders in regedit?: Hello, i have deleted programs off my PC but i can still see the software folders in the registry editor. I know they take up little space, but eventually programs i install and uninstall will accumulate, and so it would be a good idea to get rid of the ones i no longer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pe_c_public

2. PE_C_ registry entry

3. pe_c_public ENTFERNEN

4. PE_C_PUBLIC Folder