Windows 10: Peace of Mind: Other Connections to my PC or my internet connection

Discus and support Peace of Mind: Other Connections to my PC or my internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Q: (1.) How do I find my connection URL? (2. ) how can I see who or what is connected to my pc (system or internet) and (3.) how are they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertFreiday, May 9, 2019.

1. Peace of Mind: Other Connections to my PC or my internet connection

Q:

(1.) How do I find my connection URL?

(2. ) how can I see who or what is connected to my pc (system or internet) and

(3.) how are they connected (internet,wifi,hotspot,Bluetooth,VPN,etc.)

(4.) what is the accepted industry standard on how to approach and rectify an unwarranted or intrusionist connection?

Thx.

Bob

"Ensure peace & peace of mind through love, patience, respect & common decency".

:)

RobertFreiday, May 9, 2019

2. Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

Peace of Mind: Other Connections to my PC or my internet connection 189114715.png

imperialreign, May 9, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Peace of Mind: Other Connections to my PC or my internet connection [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Peace of Mind: Other Connections to my PC or my internet connection [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 9, 2019
  4. akhlaq768 Win User

Peace of Mind: Other Connections to my PC or my internet connection

Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

Trying to connect to the Internet using my Laptop. (not via the wireless router, but through the Ethernet cable)

My existing PC is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable, which is connected to the Broadband Modem (Virgin).

What I have tried to do, is take the Ethernet cable from my PC and connect it to the Laptop... Unfortunately, the Laptop isnt connecting to the Internet...

I have tried repairing the Network, with no success.

I am using the same cable, which was connected to the PC...

I do get error messages, when I click on repair in the Network Connection Tab. Its says it cannot assign an IP address.

I am Using Windows XP Home Edition.

I've tried using the Ping via cmd ping localhost or 127.0.0.1

I get the following results -

Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0(0%0)

Also done the following -

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN Settings, click the broadband connection, click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings.
    5. Click OK.

..... with no luck

What do I do guys?

akhlaq768, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Peace of Mind: Other Connections to my PC or my internet connection

1. Peace of Mind: Other Connections to my PC or my internet connection - Similar Threads - Peace Mind Connections

2. My pc won’t connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t connect to the internet: Hello everyone, I’ve been having trouble connecting my pc to the internet, I get the message “no internet secured” no matter what troubleshooting methods I try. Some examples of troubleshooting methods I’ve tried are turning the router and modem on and off, using an alternate...
  3. My pc won’t connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won’t connect to the internet: Hello everyone, I’ve been having trouble connecting my pc to the internet, I get the message “no internet secured” no matter what troubleshooting methods I try. Some examples of troubleshooting methods I’ve tried are turning the router and modem on and off, using an alternate...
  4. my pc wont connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc wont connect to internet: just got a new pc only to find out it wont connect to any internet connections. it doesn’t show the 802.11 connection in the network adapters. my friend owns the same one as me and his has that but i do not. does anyone know how to fix it? if so please let me know...
  5. my pc wont connect to internet

my pc wont connect to internet: just got a new pc only to find out it wont connect to any internet connections. it doesn’t show the 802.11 connection in the network adapters. my friend owns the same one as me and his has that but i do not. does anyone know how to fix it? if so please let me know...
  6. my pc wont connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My Wi-Fi is connected but won't connect to the internet. Other devices connected can...

My Wi-Fi is connected but won't connect to the internet. Other devices connected can...: Other devices connect just fine to the network. I've reset the network settings, I've rebooted the router. Only thing that works is bridging a network from router - phone - laptop. Please help me....
  8. Problem with my pc internet connection.

Problem with my pc internet connection.: Hello! So i have this problem like.. 2-3 weeks ago. I have a 4G router where you put a sim card in it and so i plug it to my computer. So first thing first, i can use the internet to my phone i type this with my phone, if i use my pc it would load anything lol. I can use any...
  9. My PC can't connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC can't connect to the internet.: So this has been going on for a while now and I've tried everything. When I open the wifi menu, nothing shows up, and it won't recognize my ethernet cable. Please help. submitted by /u/AdhesivenessVirtual3 [link] [comments]...
  10. Unstable internet connection on my PC

Unstable internet connection on my PC: I have that unstable internet only on the computer. I got the message that “couldn't detect proxy settings”. Please point me in the right direction to fix this issue...