Windows 10: Peculiar discovery. Peek window shift bug corrected by opening Edge.

Discus and support Peculiar discovery. Peek window shift bug corrected by opening Edge. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cbabbx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fpvf65/peculiar_discovery_peek_window_shift_bug/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cbabbx, Mar 27, 2020.

1. /u/cbabbx Win User

Peculiar discovery. Peek window shift bug corrected by opening Edge.

/u/cbabbx, Mar 27, 2020

2. Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10.

Somehow my system got infected with some malware. Due to which Edge was opening random ads in new tabs with any click on any site. After some efforts I cleaned the malware, but the malware seem to have broken edge; some edge files also got cleaned out.

Now while opening opening blue screen comes fine, just a quick flash of Edge window comes but without showing anything or allowing to do anything closes itself.

I couldn't uninstall and re-install as Edge doesn't show in programs list.

I also tried following steps as suggested by the Microsoft Virtual support agent, No issues came up with that and nothing got resolved.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

shubhamgpt, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Peculiar discovery. Peek window shift bug corrected by opening Edge.

After win10 anniversary install, ms edge always opens full screen.

Hi Joseph.

I would suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter and check.

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Windows app ' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.

• Right click in Microsoft Edge under app section.

• Click on details, click on microsoftedgeCP.exe
      and click End task.

• Click on End process if prompted.

• Repeat it for few times and check.
    Please post back your results for further assistance.

Karina Aris, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Peculiar discovery. Peek window shift bug corrected by opening Edge.

1. Peculiar discovery. Peek window shift bug corrected by opening Edge. - Similar Threads - Peculiar discovery Peek

2. Downloading shifts icons bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloading shifts icons bug?: I have encountered this really annoying bug sometimes where downloading will place the item in front of all the icons on the desktop instead of the back, this results in all my icons shifting back in one grid. I have auto arrange icons disabled. This is on Windows 10, and...
  3. This strange animation bug happens in task view and desktop peek

This strange animation bug happens in task view and desktop peek: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/berkeleymorrison [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwljtq/this_strange_animation_bug_happens_in_task_view/
  4. Color Shift In Edge/Chrome After Opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Color Shift In Edge/Chrome After Opening: After the recent update when I open either Chrome or Edge new Edge the colors appear correct for the first few seconds, then suddenly shift to a more washed out tone. Updated all my display drivers and even tried the new insider update. Can't figure this out, incredibly...
  5. 1909 is nearly final and the peek bug still exists. Open windows will shift varying...

1909 is nearly final and the peek bug still exists. Open windows will shift varying...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cbabbx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/drefdo/1909_is_nearly_final_and_the_peek_bug_still/
  6. Peculiar email

in Browsers and Email
    Peculiar email: Hi I've received an email to my live mail account that is from an unknown person to the same person. The body of the email states: IS THIS YOUR PERSONAL OR WORK EMAIL? I've checked the message source details & there's no mention of my live email address. My question is: How...
  7. edge bug?

in Browsers and Email
    edge bug?: I cannot find any reference to this on google but I think Edge has a bug with how tabs behave. I have set google as my home page. What I think happens is that with more than one tab open, when I open a new tab and click on the home button the previous tab also...
  8. Edge Bug: Leaves a blank browser open and unresponsive

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Bug: Leaves a blank browser open and unresponsive: Folks, Using Edge, if I click the "+", open a new tab, then drag that tab out to start a new browser window everything seems fine. I can open more and more tabs on that "daughter" window. If I then choose "close all tabs", they all go away...but the edge browser window...
  9. my windows edge bug

in Browsers and Email
    my windows edge bug: it was all normal until one day it says after update 1511 :hmm we cant reach this page yhx in advance 43437
  10. Peculiar and perplexing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Peculiar and perplexing: On initial start,Device manager shows the display adapter has been stopped,error code 43.When restart selected,the operation is normal and the display adapter,nvidea GeForce gt610,works without a problem, This situation happens every time,without fail. Fast startup and the...