Windows 10: Peculiar Reactivation Problems + Non-Functioning Virtual Agent

Discus and support Peculiar Reactivation Problems + Non-Functioning Virtual Agent in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Semi-rant wall of text ahead, but please trust me, all of it is relevant Yesterday I had to wipe the drive containing Windows because a certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by YouTubeMG789, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Peculiar Reactivation Problems + Non-Functioning Virtual Agent

Semi-rant wall of text ahead, but please trust me, all of it is relevant

Yesterday I had to wipe the drive containing Windows because a certain program I use for video editing was looking for an install path for plugins that I deleted instead of uninstalled.

In any case, I was able to reinstall Windows 10, but it was the Home edition which comes with the Digital Media Creation Tool. I contacted an agent via the virtual assistant keep that in mind, and he helped me reinstall Windows 10 Pro, which I had purchased a digital license for last year.

Here's where it gets weird.

First off, I don't even know where to find my digital license key, because when I purchased the license from the Microsoft Store App, I was sent an email with the order confirmation, but there was no key to be seen. I looked everywhere on the Microsoft website and I never found where I was supposed to find the key, so I had to call Microsoft and ask them to read me a key. Fine, Pro was active for months, until yesterday of course even though I still had no idea where this key was located.

So then comes the time for me to format the drive and reinstall Windows, which I do, as stated above. However, when I was disconnected from the agent when my PC restarted, I noticed that he gave me a key for Enterprise which is usually only available in bulk licensing for businesses, not Pro. So, I tried to click the link to rejoin the session... somewhere around four times, each time the status never advanced and didn't connect me to an agent at all.

After all of this, the "Activate Windows" watermark shows up on screen, and, oh boy, let me tell you about the virtual assistant. First, I'm fine with having several questions to narrow down the problem, but why in all logic does it sometimes lead you to a web chat with a real agent and sometimes tell you to just call Microsoft support via phone? This wasn't a one-time occurrence either, I'm serious here, I tried going through the virtual assistant prompts multiple times and never once was I prompted to get into a chat with a real agent, not even when I typed "Chat" explicitly, when I did that, it redirected me to call Microsoft.

What's worse about this whole virtual assistant malarkey is that I've had other problems with my PC before, unrelated to this incident, and half the time the assistant doesn't ever lead you to a real person in a web chat.

TL;DR

I am trying to reactivate my copy of Windows 10 Professional on a formatted drive with a digital license that I can't find, because I swear I was never sent an email with one nearly a year ago to begin with. If anyone can help me out here, that'd be great.

I apologize for the wall of text.

:)

YouTubeMG789, Feb 3, 2020

2. Virtual Agent

The Virtual Agent should be optional and we should have the ability to stop the intrusive pop ups caused by this function.

James Sears, Feb 3, 2020
  3. CopierGuy Win User
    Disable Virtual Agent

One does not have to ASK or push any button; it pops up by itself!! To my annoyance!

I do not want Cortana or ANY Virtual ignorant popup to operate.

CopierGuy, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Peculiar Reactivation Problems + Non-Functioning Virtual Agent

Disable Virtual Agent

Hi,

The Virtual Agent on the support page of Microsoft is a feature and part of the web page. If you really want to disable it, you can refer to the steps provided by other community member in this thread as a workaround. If you want the support page of Microsoft
    to have an option to disable the Virtual Agent, you can refer to the reply of
    Mark Isi

Regards.

Argel Obm, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Peculiar Reactivation Problems + Non-Functioning Virtual Agent

1. Peculiar Reactivation Problems + Non-Functioning Virtual Agent - Similar Threads - Peculiar Reactivation Problems

2. virtual agent is not working.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    virtual agent is not working.: HelloI just upgraded my pc hardware and i am having issue with my w10 key and virtual agent is no help because it just keeps loading.Is there any way to fix this?...
  3. virtual agent is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virtual agent is not working.: HelloI just upgraded my pc hardware and i am having issue with my w10 key and virtual agent is no help because it just keeps loading.Is there any way to fix this?...
  4. virtual agent is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Virtual Agent cannot type

Virtual Agent cannot type: Been trying to contact a virtual agent to resolve my subscription refund issue but can't type at all in the Virtual Agent windows regardless of which browser I am using or whether trying to connect on my PC or laptop. It has been a very frustrating experience for me coz I am...
  6. Microsoft Virtual Agent Software for Purchase

Microsoft Virtual Agent Software for Purchase: Good afternoon! I have been asked to pull information about a software product titled, "Microsoft Virtual Agent." In my internet-research I seem to be finding out about 'what the agent does' as opposed to how one could go about purchasing the software product for on-prem...
  7. Virtual Agent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual Agent: Virtual Agent does not work. How can I reach tech support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-agent/8a0c400b-2e99-44bc-9f37-b4601346b5aa
  8. Non Functioning webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non Functioning webcam: I have a Packard Bell TJ64 laptop which I bought in 2010. When I try to open the webcam it gives the error code 0xA00F4244camera not attached. It is not listed in the Device Manager. According to the Program List it is a Chicory version 1.7.82.1209. The Chicory website...
  9. virtual agent

in Windows 10 Customization
    virtual agent: where is my virtual agent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-agent/d80a7ab8-432c-4499-99bb-443d409379cf
  10. Virtual agent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual agent: I have been unable to even post a question. I have trying to get Cortana to get my email but cannot access the agent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/virtual-agent/fe9eb32f-3080-4e0a-8c55-35c54cbce019