Windows 10: Peek At Desktop messed up

Discus and support Peek At Desktop messed up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HI all,Another problem out of the box Of course, its windows! in my newly purchased dell XPS17 which runs on windows 10 pro, 11 gen i7, 32Gb ram,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Win-Geek, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Win-Geek Win User

Peek At Desktop messed up

HI all,Another problem out of the box Of course, its windows! in my newly purchased dell XPS17 which runs on windows 10 pro, 11 gen i7, 32Gb ram, nVidia Geforce 3060.... $3400 in total!The peek onto desktop functionality, accessed through the peek button on the far right end of the task bar, seems to be graphically broken. despite all the graphical might of my barely 2 weeks old laptop. I have uploaded a video to my Onedrive so you know exactly what I am talking about.any idea that on earth is going on?https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmOE1RksCsmWvHwDyujAGV4-Qrv1?e=tLIW32

:)

Win-Geek, Jan 2, 2022

2. Buggy taskbar Windows 10/ twitchy show desktop/ peek button.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s turn off the Peek option and check. Follow the below step.

• Right click on the Windows task bar and click on Properties.

• Uncheck the option Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Sow desktop button at the end of the taskbar.

• Now click on Apply and click on
      OK.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 2, 2022
  3. Peek at desktop functionality

I can't use peek at desktop unless I'm using a maximized window. I used to be able to peek at the desktop with multiple windows open, but this is no longer the case. The button doesn't even show up when I have side to side windows. Is there a way to bring
    back the old functionality?

Arnold_C-D, Jan 2, 2022
  4. Peek At Desktop messed up

Windows peek/taskbar Thumbnail not working (Help)

Hi Elias,

We may need to change some settings to enable the peek option. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar on the left pane.
    • Locate Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Show desktop button at the end of the taskbar option, turn it
      ON.

Peek At Desktop messed up 4e6ea8e8-0a25-4147-98c9-70329ee94095.png

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Jan 2, 2022
Thema:

Peek At Desktop messed up

1. Peek At Desktop messed up - Similar Threads - Peek Desktop messed

2. Messed up moving location of Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up moving location of Desktop: I had a laptop with a small 500GB SSD main drive c:\I installed another 2TB SSD as drive d:\I put all my stuff on d:\, in folders not in the root. There's a lot of stuff!I like to use the Windows Desktop as a working area but some of it is bulky so I wanted to move it to...
  3. Peek-a-boo desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peek-a-boo desktop icons?: One of the recent Windows updates, maybe the one before this last one, most of my desktop icons were blank, and I had to fiddle around in hidden files to delete something and restart. This time, they were blank again after the most recent update, so I tried rebooting. When...
  4. Peek-a-boo desktop icons?

Peek-a-boo desktop icons?: One of the recent Windows updates, maybe the one before this last one, most of my desktop icons were blank, and I had to fiddle around in hidden files to delete something and restart. This time, they were blank again after the most recent update, so I tried rebooting. When...
  5. Peek At Desktop messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Peek At Desktop messed up: HI all,Another problem out of the box Of course, its windows! in my newly purchased dell XPS17 which runs on windows 10 pro, 11 gen i7, 32Gb ram, nVidia Geforce 3060.... $3400 in total!The peek onto desktop functionality, accessed through the peek button on the far right end...
  6. Peek At Desktop messed up

Peek At Desktop messed up: HI all,Another problem out of the box Of course, its windows! in my newly purchased dell XPS17 which runs on windows 10 pro, 11 gen i7, 32Gb ram, nVidia Geforce 3060.... $3400 in total!The peek onto desktop functionality, accessed through the peek button on the far right end...
  7. Desktop messed up on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop messed up on startup: Hello,I've been having an issue with my desktop icons arrangement for a while. Normally, I never use a predefined sorting method such as by name, size, item type... and custom sort the desktop icons myself. It used to work normally: I sort the icons, and they stay where they...
  8. Peek at desktop functionality

Peek at desktop functionality: I can't use peek at desktop unless I'm using a maximized window. I used to be able to peek at the desktop with multiple windows open, but this is no longer the case. The button doesn't even show up when I have side to side windows. Is there a way to bring back the old...
  9. Peek to preview the desktop

Peek to preview the desktop: Have this checked to put at end of taskbar,but it is very small to use.Is there a way to make larger?. In windows7 this was not a problem. I mean this is like 1/16 wide. 27291
  10. Desktop icon images are messing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon images are messing up: Having this issue you can see in the pic with my icons. I have removed them and added them back but they just add back like that again and not as the should be. Didn't have an issue until a few days ago and it just started out of the blue. First with the 2 icons on the left...