Windows 10: Pen discord after new monitor, what to do?

Discus and support Pen discord after new monitor, what to do? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've got a Wacom tablet, which upon early connecting with last year struggled with Windows Ink by having no pen pressure and erratic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Isna, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Isna Win User

Pen discord after new monitor, what to do?

So I've got a Wacom tablet, which upon early connecting with last year struggled with Windows Ink by having no pen pressure and erratic monitor/penfield alligning, but worked fine after aggressively disabling that program a few times. Sometimes alignment would skewer shortly before Windows updated.

Today I attached a new monitor after the old one broke and instantly both the pressure and field problem returned. Updating tablet driver didn't work, updating Windows doesn't work, Windows Ink doesn't appear active.

I don't know whether it's the new monitor itself, or that the computer rebooted after losing power for a split second. It stood out that along with this defect returning, notifications in the sidebar started working when it hasn't for as long as I had this computer.

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone could help reconcile W10 with my Wacom tablet.

Winver 1909.

:)

2. sygnus21 Win User

Yeah, I'm not sure how that would happen as they have nothing to do with each other. And all the monitor would do is show you what's on the screen. Bottom line is I have no answer as this doesn't seem likely at all. Whatever pen pressure issues you have is at the pen or tablet level or in the software being used.

• What software are you in where you have pen pressure issues?
    • Is that the pen that came with the tablet, or did you swap pens?
    Windows 7 and Windows 10 are different OS's so the fact something works in Window 7, but not in 10 doesn't really mean a lot as things that worked in 7 may or may not work or have issues in 10. That's the nature of the beast.

"System Restore" will not return to a previous condition once the OS has been upgraded. Example you created a system restore point under Windows 10 909, and then upgraded to Windows 10, 2004. Once you upgraded to 2004, those old restore point got deleted since 2004 is a newer OS than 1909.

All that said, have you looked to see if there's an updated driver software/firmware update for your tablet....

Pen discord after new monitor, what to do? [​IMG]

BTW, out of curiosity, what monitor did you get? Does it require a driver? (not that this affects the tablet).

sygnus21, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Isna Win User

Thank you, but I really don't think that's the problem. It doesn't need a W10 drive specific for that tablet. Last year upon buying the new computer, I just plugged it in without even installing the Bamboo software, and after preventing Ink from overriding it, it was normal.

Looked up the logs. Right as the problems with my monitor begin, win32k started frequenting. About a day later when I boot the computer with the new monitor attached, the tabletpen function starts giving error notes, beginning in the middle of the new monitor being installed :

Pen discord after new monitor, what to do? [​IMG]

Following this, there's a few times of win32k followed by pentablet error notes.

Is there another part of the forums I could take this to?

----

To the other reply, the Wacom drivers I only tried after the errors started. As of this latest edit, I've done all that and the problem remains.

4. Pen discord after new monitor, what to do?

I have a Trust pen and tablet that is about 11 years old, it works perfectly under Windows 10 and in drawing apps, handwriting etc, Windows Ink is not needed to operate the pen in most graphics apps, but should not cause issues when loaded anyway, some apps work better using the Windows Ink system, others work better using WinTab.
    The tablet requires no drivers under Win10, in fact trying to install the drivers results in similar issues to the OP.
    I would suggest uninstalling the Wacom drivers, disconnecting the tablet, rebooting then re attach the tablet to a different port, Windows should install it's own compatible driver, then use the Windows 10 settings for tablet and pen to adjust settings for the device, this worked for me. You may end up missing out on a couple of features or it may work just fine. It's worth a try.

Pejole2165, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Pen discord after new monitor, what to do? - Similar Threads - Pen discord monitor

2. No monitor signal after update. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No monitor signal after update. What do I do?: Im using a Windows 11 and im on the Insiders Program. My specs are gtx 3070, i7, 16ram. I press Update and Shutdown on my pc and went to sleep. When I woke up my pc was on but theres no monitor activity just black screen no cursor. I have 3 monitors and are not detecting any...
  3. No monitor signal after update. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No monitor signal after update. What do I do?: Im using a Windows 11 and im on the Insiders Program. My specs are gtx 3070, i7, 16ram. I press Update and Shutdown on my pc and went to sleep. When I woke up my pc was on but theres no monitor activity just black screen no cursor. I have 3 monitors and are not detecting any...
  4. What is a Pen Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is a Pen Drive?: What is a Pen Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-pen-drive/0239c0a8-4ec6-4c0b-a6e4-32111aea2e1d
  5. What is a Pen Drive?

What is a Pen Drive?: What is a Pen Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-pen-drive/0239c0a8-4ec6-4c0b-a6e4-32111aea2e1d
  6. What is a Pen Drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. What pen do I use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What pen do I use?: Hi I would like to know what pen is compatible with HP pavilion x360 14in dy×××. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-pen-do-i-use/a151471d-206e-4403-91fa-0b3cf72b67d9
  8. What pen do I use?

What pen do I use?: Hi I would like to know what pen is compatible with HP pavilion x360 14in dy×××. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-pen-do-i-use/a151471d-206e-4403-91fa-0b3cf72b67d9
  9. Discord Overlay Not Working: Easy Answers on What to Do

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Discord Overlay Not Working: Easy Answers on What to Do: Gamers may get frustrated when the computer screen flashes up with the message of doom, claiming, “Discord overlay not working.” Technology remains a wondrous thing, but when it doesn’t work, we all feel like throwing our controllers out of the window. However, the issue may...
  10. Pen discord after new monitor, what to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pen discord after new monitor, what to do?: So I've got a Wacom tablet, which upon early connecting with last year struggled with Windows Ink by having no pen pressure and erratic monitor/penfield alligning, but worked fine after aggressively disabling that program a few times. Sometimes alignment would skewer shortly...