Windows 10: Pen Drive not being detected by BIOS

Discus and support Pen Drive not being detected by BIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just wanted to TRYDon't kill me Microsoft, I am not leaving Windows Linux Mint on a real hardware, so I installed as per the given guides on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Win10user_217, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Pen Drive not being detected by BIOS

I just wanted to TRYDon't kill me Microsoft, I am not leaving Windows Linux Mint on a real hardware, so I installed as per the given guides on the internet on a USB, but whenever I plug in the USB, Windows CAN detect the USB and lets me go in there, but my BIOS cannot. My BIOS doesn't detect the USB as a storage device. And I conformed that it is not the problem of my USB, because I tried another USB too, but didn't work. I tried switching from Fat32 to NTFS filesystem, but no. I also tried changing various BIOS settings such as secure boot and UEFI or legacy.

:)

Win10user_217, Sep 21, 2021
  2. toolman59 Win User

BIOS not detecting USB3 pen drives in USB3 Hub

When I open the BIOS the pen drives plugged into the USB3 hub are not listed in the "Boot priority settings", however, if a pen drive is plugged directly into the PC USB3 or USB2 port it appears in the "Boot priority settings".
    Once booted into Windows 10 all USB2 and USB3 pen drives in the hub are recognised.

The hub is an "EasyAcc USB 3.0 7 Port Bus-Powered and Self-Powered 2-in-1 Hub ".
    The Mother board is a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3. All the latest drivers are installed.

Is it possible for a BIOS to see pen drives plugged into a hub? I am not sure whether I was unlucky in my choice of hub and chose one with the limitation of being blind to the BIOS, or this a normal for all hubs?

toolman59, Sep 21, 2021
  3. pen drive is not detecting

Original Title: peb drive is not detecting

i am using window 10 but my pc is not detecting my pen drive so help me to resolve this problem

VikasChoudhury, Sep 21, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Pen Drive not being detected by BIOS

formatting pen drive with diskpart

In both your screenshots Diskpart says the usb pen drive is 64MB, not 8GB. This suggests the usb has developed a fault.

You could try opening Device Manager and unistalling the usb device for this pen drive. When it detects new hardware and reinstalls the device it may work. I suspect not though, its more likely that this usb pen drive has failed.

Thema:

Pen Drive not being detected by BIOS

1. Pen Drive not being detected by BIOS - Similar Threads - Pen Drive being

2. M2 SSD not being detected by bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M2 SSD not being detected by bios: I changed motherboards and decrypted the my 2 M2 SSDs Samsung and Lexar . After porting everything over, I saw my Lexar SSD was still in decryption process. Afterwards, the message disappeared and I do not see the Lexar SSD in the diskmgmt and diskpart but can see that it is...
  3. Windows install not being detected by bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows install not being detected by bios: Just ran a secure erase from bios on my old nvme ssd now that I have installed windows and transferred everything to my new ssd but now bios isn't detecting windows on the new ssd.I know that Windows 10 exists on the new ssd as before on boot it would ask me which volume to...
  4. Windows install not being detected by bios

Windows install not being detected by bios: Just ran a secure erase from bios on my old nvme ssd now that I have installed windows and transferred everything to my new ssd but now bios isn't detecting windows on the new ssd.I know that Windows 10 exists on the new ssd as before on boot it would ask me which volume to...
  5. ssd bios not being detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd bios not being detected.: hi. I built my pc back in march and I got a new SSD to speed things up. it is detected here. but it isn't being detected in bios because I want to transfer windows to my SSD D: and boot it in bios....
  6. ssd bios not being detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd bios not being detected.: hi. I built my pc back in march and I got a new SSD to speed things up. it is detected here. but it isn't being detected in bios because I want to transfer windows to my SSD D: and boot it in bios....
  7. ssd bios not being detected.

8. SDD drive is not being detected by bios

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SDD drive is not being detected by bios: My internal storage disk is no longer being detected by my BIOS. This happened after i experienced a blue screen of death and ever since my disk stopped being detected. What could be the problem? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Pen drive not detecting/working.

Pen drive not detecting/working.: My pen drive not detecting in my pc. its not even showing in file explorer. And I check disk management there its showing as disk 1 (f). and also showing as no media. I checked the properties of that, there its showing my device's name and all. I tried to format it using cmd,...
  10. BIOS not detecting USB3 pen drives in USB3 Hub

BIOS not detecting USB3 pen drives in USB3 Hub: When I open the BIOS the pen drives plugged into the USB3 hub are not listed in the "Boot priority settings", however, if a pen drive is plugged directly into the PC USB3 or USB2 port it appears in the "Boot priority settings". Once booted into Windows 10 all USB2 and USB3...