Windows 10: Pen Drive Problem G:\ is not accessible. A device which does not exist is specified.

Discus and support Pen Drive Problem G:\ is not accessible. A device which does not exist is specified. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have pen drive which was showing 9.89 GB free of 14 GB. Now the pen drive is showing FAT32 in place of 9.89 GB free of 14 GB. Showing 0 bytes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RajuSalvi, Sep 29, 2020.

1. RajuSalvi Win User

Pen Drive Problem G:\ is not accessible. A device which does not exist is specified.

Hi,

I have pen drive which was showing 9.89 GB free of 14 GB.​

Now the pen drive is showing FAT32 in place of 9.89 GB free of 14 GB. Showing 0 bytes of 0 bytes.​

I am unable to see all the data saved in it.​

If I click on the drive: Following message appears on screen:​

G:\ is not accessible.

A device which does not exist is specified.

Please help me by guiding on how to restore the data in pendrive as well as make pendrive work.​

Regards​

Raju​

:)

RajuSalvi, Sep 29, 2020

2. no access to G drive in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What exact error message are you receiving when you try to access G drive?
    • Is external G drive a SD card or external hard drive?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 29, 2020
  3. related to pen drive

Hi,

A Pen Drive or USB is a data storage device that includes flash memory with an Integrated USB interface, and is a Plug and play device. That said, your computer should easily recognize your Pen Drive without any issues. A software might be blocking it, or
    an update is needed for it to work properly. However, let us isolate your concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Is your Pen Drive working in other devices?
    • Were there any changes (Updates, software installation) made prior to the issues?
    • Have you tried using another Pen Drive on your computer?

in the meantime, we suggest that you insert your Pen Drive, and check if there's any error(s) in Device Manager.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Pen Drive Problem G:\ is not accessible. A device which does not exist is specified.

formatting pen drive with diskpart

In both your screenshots Diskpart says the usb pen drive is 64MB, not 8GB. This suggests the usb has developed a fault.

You could try opening Device Manager and unistalling the usb device for this pen drive. When it detects new hardware and reinstalls the device it may work. I suspect not though, its more likely that this usb pen drive has failed.

Thema:

1. Pen Drive Problem G:\ is not accessible. A device which does not exist is specified. - Similar Threads - Pen Drive Problem

2. A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A device which does not exist was specified: I ran into this error - A device which does not exist was specified - while trying to access an SSD from Windows console running a directory listing. I believe the sequence of events leading up to it was the SSD wasunplugged and replugged in after which I reran the listing...
  3. a device which does not exist was specified

a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  4. Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.: I'm getting this error message every time I try to open a USB drive. Sometimes it can be opened, but when I try to take out files it doesn't work and says "this file can cause harm to your computer," and sometimes it just crashes File Explorer.I've tried to repair it using...
  5. Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.: I'm getting this error message every time I try to open a USB drive. Sometimes it can be opened, but when I try to take out files it doesn't work and says "this file can cause harm to your computer," and sometimes it just crashes File Explorer.I've tried to repair it using...
  6. Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.

7. E: not accessible a Device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E: not accessible a Device which does not exist was specified: Hi i recently upgraded my CPU and motherboard. reinstalled my widows and the pc is has been running fine. however i noticed when trying to use an old data cd that i get the above error when trying to open the bluray drive. i remember the drive worked with the windows...
  8. Hard Drive D: is not accessible - A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive D: is not accessible - A device which does not exist was specified: This issue came up out of the blue and I've tried several possible solutions listed online one had me go into the security settings in the properties of the drive and another had me go into Local Group Policy Editor to fix this but none have worked and so I'm hoping that...
  9. A device which does not exist was specified

A device which does not exist was specified: Please help me ,I don't know what to do with this error which appears when ever I want to open my USB flash . Actually I can't open my USB flash . Please help me . [ATTACH]...
  10. E;/ is not accessible. A device which does not exist was specified.

E;/ is not accessible. A device which does not exist was specified.: Hi, I have a HP laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I have a Seagate external which I have been using for a few years. But since yesterday, When I tried to open it, the message 'E;/ is not accessible. A device which does not exist was specified’ came up. I did a bit of research...