Windows 10: Pen Drive Write Protected

Discus and support Pen Drive Write Protected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I have a 4 GB Transcend pen drive which I formatted few days back. But I think that I made any mistake in formatting the pen drive I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RPS 3103, Apr 4, 2021.

1. RPS 3103 Win User

Pen Drive Write Protected

Hi everyone! I have a 4 GB Transcend pen drive which I formatted few days back. But I think that I made any mistake in formatting the pen drive I think I disturbed the file system column which made my pen drive Write Protected as shown in the attachment below. This had made storing information and formatting my pen drive like impossible. Pen Drive Write Protected ed17e7ed-e81f-44a5-abfd-d03c501c093f?upload=true.png When I run command prompt to check the attributes of my pen drive, it shows as NO in front of Read-only state but shows YES in front of Current Read-only state as shown in the picture below. Pen Drive Write Protected 35c6e355-e017-470d-a9dc-34d964be068c?upload=true.png

Can anyone tell me how to remove Write Protection from the pen drive so that I can use it to store my files and folders.

I have tried many solutions throughout YouTube but none of them works. Your answer would be a great favour.

:)

RPS 3103, Apr 4, 2021

2. Write Protection.

Hello everyone,

I am having a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 8 GB Pen Drive. It worked nicely for 2 years and then it suddenly shows the error message when I try to format the drive: The disk is Write Protected. I tries several ways:

• Registry editor (StorageDevicePolicies)
    • Command Prompt
    • Different tools etc.
    I couldn't remove the write protection. Please help me on this topic.

Regards,

Anik.

Anik Ghosh, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Every pen-drive i attach says it's write protected

The disk is write-protected.Remove the write protection or use another disk
    <<-- This is the error message i get every time i want to paste something in my pen drive. I have tried using many pen-drives and still get the same error.

Till now all i know is problem is not with the pen-drives.

I need help so that i can use pen-drive normally.

What i've done till now from various sources is :

CommandPrompt -> Diskpart

Services -> SysMain -> (was)Disabled -> (i changed it to)Automatic

regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies ->StorageDevicePolicies
    -> WriteProtec-> (0)

ReadyBoost properties:

The device is mounted read-only.This usually happens with write-protected devices/media or when BitLocker group policy settings prohibit write access to non-encrypted removable devices.

(I have no idea what happens by that or if it was even neccesary)

What should i do or undo ?

Please suggest me something !!!

krutika_barde, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Sher Amo Win User

USB devices getting write protected

Hi Imdad,

Some removable storage devices like USB flash drives or pen drive have write protection which is designed to help users prevent unexpected data loss by refusing to delete or format.

However, if you’re stuck with a write-protected USB drive that can’t be formatted. We recommend that you follow these steps on how to erase and format a write-protected USB flash drive and pen drive using the Regedit.exe tool in Windows. To do this,
    follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type regedit and press Enter.
    • Navigate to the following folder:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies

Double-click on the WriteProtect value in the right-hand pane of Regedit.exe. Change the Value data from 1 to 0 and click OK to save the change. Close Regedit and restart your computer. Connect your USB flash drive or pen drive again, and you should find the
    write protection is removed and the device is no longer write protected.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Pen Drive Write Protected - Similar Threads - Pen Drive Write

2. Write Protected .....How do I remove write protection from HP pen drive 16gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Write Protected .....How do I remove write protection from HP pen drive 16gb: I want to delete the files and format the drive from my HP pen drive but it keeps saying "write protected" I have used Diskpart to change Readonly but it still says "write protected.. Please help me solve this problemRolyTK...
  3. Write Protected .....How do I remove write protection from HP pen drive 16gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Write Protected .....How do I remove write protection from HP pen drive 16gb: I want to delete the files and format the drive from my HP pen drive but it keeps saying "write protected" I have used Diskpart to change Readonly but it still says "write protected.. Please help me solve this problemRolyTK...
  4. Write Protected .....How do I remove write protection from HP pen drive 16gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. cant remove write protection in pen drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant remove write protection in pen drive: I have been trying to remove write protection in my usbI tried cmd method, registory editor ,and even third party software but didnt work can somebody help...
  6. cant remove write protection in pen drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant remove write protection in pen drive: I have been trying to remove write protection in my usbI tried cmd method, registory editor ,and even third party software but didnt work can somebody help...
  7. cant remove write protection in pen drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Every pen-drive i attach says it's write protected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Every pen-drive i attach says it's write protected: The disk is write-protected.Remove the write protection or use another disk<<-- This is the error message i get every time i want to paste something in my pen drive. I have tried using many pen-drives and still get the same error. Till now all i know is problem is not with...
  9. Windows 10 Pen drive is write protected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pen drive is write protected: Hi, I bought Windows 10 from retail market and now when I trying to format it, it's reflecting that this is write protected and I am unable to format it by various tools like CMD and Registry option. Kindly assist me in how to remove write protection from Windows 10 pen...
  10. How to write-protect USB pen?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to write-protect USB pen?: Hi. I'd like to write protect my usb pen drive (Kingston DataTraveler 2.0) but it has got no hardware switch. Is there any way to w/protect it via Windows 10 software? Thank you! Joe 84174