Windows 10: PendingRenames folder issue

Discus and support PendingRenames folder issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok have had this problem before, was able to fix it last time. This time nothing I do removes these files. Tried Disk Clean, Dism, forcing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OldMike65, Nov 24, 2015.

1. OldMike65 Win User

PendingRenames folder issue

Ok have had this problem before, was able to fix it last time. This time nothing I do removes these files. Tried Disk Clean, Dism, forcing TrustedInstaller to run, nothing works, even after installing our latest update today, didn't remove these files. Right now its size is 1.3GB. Folder is located in Windows\WinSys\Temp Anyone got some slick way to get windows to fix these files???

:)

OldMike65, Nov 24, 2015

2. Windows\Win sxs\temp\pendingrenames

My Folder Win sxs \temp\pendingrenames (4.9gb) contains 69,248 files;most of them are dated september 29 2017 and dec 12 2017

Is it possible to reduce/eliminate these files

André

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings)

Andre win10, Nov 24, 2015
  3. PibbsMD Win User
    Error code 0x80073712 windows update

Thanks for the reply Gerry,

Both folders exist and are in the correct location. PendingDeletes is empty while PendingRenames has 874mb worth of files in it. I ran the SFC in safe mode for a third time and it still failed at 96% with the error "Windows
    Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"

PibbsMD, Nov 24, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

I ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase and then rebooted and that removed them for me today (dism without reboot didn't remove them).

In the past I've tried installing telnet client through windows features and not touching the PC for 20 minutes (this is supposed to trigger the TI worker job) but it seems you tried something similar already...

5. OldMike65 Win User
    Yup tried installing telnet....waited 15 mins...nothing. Also used net start to run trustedinstaller, waited 15 mins...nothing.
    I'll try your suggestion for Dism.....

OldMike65, Nov 24, 2015
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Michael, that directory does not exist on my machine. It has always been here, even back to Win 7. C:\WINDOWS\winsxs\Temp\PendingRenames

*Confused

f14tomcat, Nov 24, 2015
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Yup same for me too, I just forgot to type last folder / PendingRenames .....picky picky....lol my mistake. *Redface

OldMike65, Nov 24, 2015
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Thanks lx07 THAT Dism command actually WORKED!!! Gained back over 1gb on my SSD. !!!
    I had tried using that command earlier, BUT didn't have your last line in. "/ResetBase"
    Thanks again, been trying to fix this for last 3 days. *Smile *Thumbs

OldMike65, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PendingRenames folder issue - Similar Threads - PendingRenames folder issue

2. Folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder issue: HII have a problem with the folders. When I open a folder and scrolling thru some content. Example music, after 20 seconds the folder resets and goes back to top. So I have to scroll back down again to continue where I left. How do I turn of this function and what's the name...
  3. Folder issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder issue: HII have a problem with the folders. When I open a folder and scrolling thru some content. Example music, after 20 seconds the folder resets and goes back to top. So I have to scroll back down again to continue where I left. How do I turn of this function and what's the name...
  4. Folder issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder issue: I have a folder which has the name of my course under this folder I have word and pdf documents and subfolders as well, it just turned to one file with a different name id2.jpg.~tmp type ~TMP. Obviously i can't open the folder and i can't recover it . Anyone help plz it has...
  6. Folder issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder issue: I have a folder which has the name of my course under this folder I have word and pdf documents and subfolders as well, it just turned to one file with a different name id2.jpg.~tmp type ~TMP. Obviously i can't open the folder and i can't recover it . Anyone help plz it has...
  7. Folder issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. FOLDER ISSUE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FOLDER ISSUE: DEAR TEAM MS, MY ALL FOLDER CHANGED READ ONLY. PLEASE PROVIDE SOLUTIONS. THANKS, KETAN PATEL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-issue/f0f8b411-22c1-4498-b87d-6e73adde28c6
  9. PendingRenames folder

in Windows 10 Support
    PendingRenames folder: Ok guys I just found that I have over 9000 files in the PendingRenames folder, its about 256 megs. How to I get windows 10 to fix these files?? 18635
  10. PendingRenames Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    PendingRenames Folder: OK guys anyone know how I can fix this problem. I have over 9500 files in this folder. windows/winsxs/temp/PendingRenames for about last 2 weeks now, TrustedInstaller won't remove them, Disk Clean doesn't even see them. So any ideas on how to get windows to take care of...