Windows 10: Pendrive disk write protected problem

Discus and support Pendrive disk write protected problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, My pendrive was working tomorrow but today its showing that disk write protected and I/O device error. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PiyushSharma_99, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Pendrive disk write protected problem

Hello, My pendrive was working tomorrow but today its showing that disk write protected and I/O device error.

Pendrive disk write protected problem 29c0ee52-f857-4544-9f84-91009b30a274?upload=true.png

:)

PiyushSharma_99, Jul 3, 2020
  2. freebird_9924, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Write protection pendrive format

I did every steps to format the write protected pen drive by cmd , regedit, and direct format but still it is showing write protected. After "attributes disk clear readonly" it is not opening and when I clean the disk by cmd it give: " DiskPart has encountered
    an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. See the System Event Log for more information." So please help me to open it by removing the write protection.

Ankushkumar1, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Fernandz Win User

Pendrive disk write protected problem

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Pendrive disk write protected problem

1. Pendrive disk write protected problem - Similar Threads - Pendrive disk write

2. usb: "This disk is write-protected"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb: "This disk is write-protected": I hate this alot, I tried editing Registry Editor and command prompt, but nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-this-disk-is-write-protected/09c31158-ee9a-441a-8a2f-390932d29b1f
  3. Write Protection of PenDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Write Protection of PenDrive: Hey,I know this isn't the right place to ask but don't know whom to approach. My Pen drive has been in write protection from a long time and I'm not able to remove it. I have used the diskpart and the regedit methods but still couldn't remove the write protection. Please...
  4. Write Protection of PenDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Write Protection of PenDrive: Hey,I know this isn't the right place to ask but don't know whom to approach. My Pen drive has been in write protection from a long time and I'm not able to remove it. I have used the diskpart and the regedit methods but still couldn't remove the write protection. Please...
  5. "This disk is write-protected"

"This disk is write-protected": I have pictures in my disk drive C and moved one onto my local disk D. The action was interrupted and a pop-up window appeared that the Disk is "write-protected". What does it mean? Should I remove it?...
  6. how to format write protected pendrive?

how to format write protected pendrive?: how to format write protected pen drive? You are not able to format the write-protected Pendrive? Well I found 3 helpful ways to format the write-protected Pendrive. Using them is a good option. BTW what's the reason behind it?Well, the main reason for this error comes when...
  7. Internal disk write protected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internal disk write protected: Windows was updated last night. After the mandatory reboot,when checking my drives I noticed that one of the internal drives was missing.I looked in the disk manager and there it was but it asked me to initialize it.I've never seen that before. Now I can access that disk,...
  8. Remove write protection in windows 10 pendrive.

Remove write protection in windows 10 pendrive.: Hi, I bought a windows 10 home retail version which had a usb 3.0 pendrive. However, the version of windows in the pendrive was very old. So I thought to download the latest iso and flash it into that pendrive. But when I went to flash that, a message showed up telling...
  9. My pendrive shows write protected in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pendrive shows write protected in windows 10: When i insert the pendrive in my windows Then the system shows your drive is write protected . No coping and transferring of files can occour So Pls solve my problem...
  10. The Disk Is Write Protected - How To Remove Write Protection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Disk Is Write Protected - How To Remove Write Protection: Hi I just join my computer with autopilot and mi HDD of storage don't allow me to write for permission, I try modify permission from properties ->security->advance option and nothing, I try with cmd with the comand diskpart --> attributes disk clear readonly and nothing....