Windows 10: People App and Email App.

Discus and support People App and Email App. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I still do NOT understand the behavior of those two apps. They are supposed to work together don't they. This happened: a friend of mine informed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NVFOX, May 24, 2020.

1. NVFOX Win User

People App and Email App.

I still do NOT understand the behavior of those two apps. They are supposed to work together don't they.

This happened: a friend of mine informed that he changed his email address. I opened his name in the People app, but the old email address was not displayed, but was displayed in the name list. I entered the new email address and saved it. The old email address was still displayed in the name list. In the detail the old and the new one in this sequence was displayed. To avoid this I entered his name leaving one letter out, and then entered all the data and saved. The name list displayed displayed everything properly. Then I deleted the old, closed the app, and then opened the app again to added the left out letter and saved. So far so good.

Going over to the Email app, I get a completely different picture. Starting a New Email and entering the name would display only the old email address.

Why does this happen, when the old email address is no longer available after the deletion, see above. I would expect to see the new email address. The way around it is either click on the people icon in the email address line and get the new email address from there, but without the real name !. Or, go into the People app and get the email from there but again without the real name.

Is there an explanation for this weird behavior. I always thought that the People app and the Email app work closely together. Apparently, this is not the case.

:)

NVFOX, May 24, 2020
  2. kjdawson1 Win User

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, May 24, 2020
  3. ShRend Win User
    Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app

Did this ever get resolved? Same issue. I have an email from a new contact. Would like to add their email to my People list. I click on the name in the email -open contact - click Save and it just shows me my list of contacts and doesn't include the one I just added. I have closed people app and then re-opened, still not there. It would seem like it would be prudent for the email app to work with the people app in this regard.

I am not thinking that the Windows people thought things all the way through here. Are they even using their own applications? Why haven't they figured out this is a problem before now????

ShRend, May 24, 2020
  4. Helmut Win User

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

The Mail App and People App have had recent updates.

The People App here lost all contacts on mine, and settings > accounts had to be redone. That got them back fortunately.

Actually what you mention does work here (bit of a surprise there....).
    It comes up with "Choose which account to send the Email from", then you choose which account and the Mail App opens up appropriately.

So, I would go through your People App settings as using Webmail(Internet email) is an option in Advanced Setup.
    People App > Settings cog > + Add an Account > Advanced Setup.

It is very confusing. On mine only 3 accounts are listed, but the choose list has all 6 Accounts, hmmm.... what an MS mess up.

Helmut, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. People App and Email App. - Similar Threads - App Email App

2. people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    people app: I can't figure out how to use the people app. Is there a tutorial or book? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-app/a963ef06-5c78-424c-b8b6-d5167229e3db
  3. people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    people app: How to Delete people from people app because "delete" is greyed outon the menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-app/3c2f0d05-ba8e-4f40-afe4-218832716341
  4. People App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App: OneSyncSvc doesn't exists in the service list. Instead I see OneSyncSvc_2d075e running as a service. (can't change no properties, can't even stop the service) I wonder if that is correct as I have the following problem: When I try to add an mail account in the People App I...
  5. People App

People App: I bought a new computer and had the programs on my old computer transferred to it. Now the People app tells me to open a new account and when I do I get "Thak account already exists". How do I correct this problem?...
  6. People App

People App: I am baffled with this app. Since yesterday many of my addresses have disappeared in this app. Some older ones are still there. Question is: was there a major change to this app? More: the app listed all people etc. on the left side, and on the right side details like...
  7. The "PEOPLE" app

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The "PEOPLE" app: How do I get into my "PEOPLE" program to edit information and add more contacts? I click on the icon in my "startup section" but nothing happens; it's as though I haven't clicked the icon at all. Help??!!...
  8. People app

People app: I compose an email in Win 10 mail. I click on the "To". The popup shows "Suggested recipients", not the usual People app list of names .... and I cannot do anything with names in the suggested list, even if I select one. This has to be People app related, right?...
  9. People app

People app: Hello. I want to delete ALL THE CONTACTS in my people app. Sadly it seems you can only delete 50 at a time ?! I get you cant send them all but I dont have enough time/patience/energy to delete my 3600 contacts by 50. Any other way pls ? I will die. [Moved from: Windows 10...
  10. People App

People App: My People App which is tied into Live Mail does not show anybody in the alphabetical A section although I can pick them up in Live Mail. How can I fix this? Roger 15531