Windows 10: People app and keeping Skype out of it?

Discus and support People app and keeping Skype out of it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I noted on all our user accounts there was some duplication of contacts. I can link them to appear as one (as right clicking these doesn’t give a delet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Oct 15, 2017.

1. People app and keeping Skype out of it?

I noted on all our user accounts there was some duplication of contacts. I can link them to appear as one (as right clicking these doesn’t give a delet option) but it’s annoying to see three entries of which two have no detail other than just a name. From what I can see Skype is to blame. Is there a way to keep Skype out of the people app, I haven’t figured out how to do it.

we don’t even use Skype, I’ve literally opened the app up a handful of times just to peek at it. But it seems to be annoyingly woven into the fabric of an MS account! I’ve even got a silly contact called ‘echo sound test’ or something like that because of skype

cheers

:)

Scottyboy99, Oct 15, 2017

2. Keeping skype posts out of the messanger - Windows Phone 10

I got a new Lumia 950 and it's great. One thing I love is the integration of both texting and Skype messaging. It's a neat idea and for some people, I can imagine that it would work out well. My problem however is that I talk to people a lot on the Skype
    on my computer and the conversation spams the entirety of the texting conversations with these people, making the SIM messages annoying to get to when I need to.

Now, I understand that if I log out of Skype Video, it fixes the problem and cleans out the skype related conversations from the texting app. However, this also (to my knowledge) disables the ability to use video calling right from the contacts app, which
    is something that I want and sometimes need. Is there anyway I could prevent Skype messages from mixing in with texts while still keeping in the video call option?

NowFancyThat, Oct 15, 2017
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    messenger

Hi Vladimir,

Skype is the newest app wherein you can chat, call or share files and videos to other people. We'd like to know whether you're using Skype app or Skype on the web. And can you elaborate what exactly is it that you're trying to accomplish s we can provide
    a suitable resolution.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 15, 2017
Thema:

People app and keeping Skype out of it?

1. People app and keeping Skype out of it? - Similar Threads - app keeping Skype

2. Microsoft People/People app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft People/People app: Recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro on my desktop. People or Microsoft People should have been part of that install, I believe, but maybe not because I believe I kept my files and programs. Regardless, my contacts in People are gone. Apps show I have 'People' but will not...
  3. People app shows already deleted Skype contacts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    People app shows already deleted Skype contacts: Windows 10 is version 2004. People app is version 10.1909.10841.0. Contacts were deleted within Skype (Skype contact can't be deleted from People app by design). Is there any solution for this? I have been searching over internet for quite a long time with no luck so far....
  4. Skype lock out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skype lock out: I have failed to get Skype operational , the error is “ could not secure connection to server “ .This log in error is on my tablet and my phone! How do I contact misrosoft to talk this through and get some help?...
  5. People App delete "Skype" contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    People App delete "Skype" contacts: Please read: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/how-to-delete-all-the-contacts-from-people-app/4afe5650-d97d-4163-b58f-7b9a0060fc6d I am trying to delete all contacts on my People's app to keep it clean and most are old contacts...
  6. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...
  7. Delete button grayed out in People app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete button grayed out in People app: I am trying to delete a contact in People app on Windows 10 but when i right click the word “delete” is greyed out so how do i delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-button-grayed-out-in-people-app/2796f9bc-a625-471a-9706-bc452ba715d6
  8. The "PEOPLE" app

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The "PEOPLE" app: How do I get into my "PEOPLE" program to edit information and add more contacts? I click on the icon in my "startup section" but nothing happens; it's as though I haven't clicked the icon at all. Help??!!...
  9. skype app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    skype app: El software de compra de una computadora portátil, con 10 años y me envía un mensaje de error de inicio de skype. Si no tengo la aplicación supongo que es un virus, pero mi antivirus no me indica la existencia de algún virus. ¿Cuál es el problema? Atentamente Pedro...
  10. skype app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    skype app: I uninstalled all the MS games that show up as tiles....and in my haste I uninstalled the Skype app. Now I'm trying to get it back from the MS store but it wont let me. I search for the skype app, find it, click on it, then click the get tab and it flashes saying working...