Windows 10: people app and tile gone?

Discus and support people app and tile gone? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just updated KB5001391 Cumulative Update Preview, and I noticed the People app has gone from start menu. Can anyone else confirm? People is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/martynrb, Apr 30, 2021.

1. people app and tile gone?

I just updated KB5001391 Cumulative Update Preview, and I noticed the People app has gone from start menu. Can anyone else confirm?

People is still there within the Mail app.....but I don't want to have to open Mail to access People, I want it pinned as a tile.

submitted by /u/martynrb
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/martynrb, Apr 30, 2021

2. People App Live Tile Does Not Work

OK, solution that worked for me:

• Using PowerShell run in administrator mode
    • Uninstall "People" app
    • Reinstall all standard apps:
    I am no expert; the instructions are per following link at HowToGeek:

How to Uninstall Windows 10's Built-in Apps (and How to Reinstall Them)

You might want to read above article first, but here are critical steps that I used for reinstall "People"

1. Must right click on PowerShell tile and run in Administrator Mode

2. To Uninstall "People" paste after prompt:

Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage

3. To Reinstall ALL Built-in apps (following is all one line):

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

I saw no message in PowerShell when I did the step 2 uninstall, but the app was gone.

The "scary" part (for me) was the command to Reinstall all the Built-in Apps -- "scary" because I thought default settings might all disappear ... or I might be faced with needing to reinstall all of Windows 10. But
    worked fine; only a few settings had to be re-enabled:

• Taskbar title now appears as "People"
    • Includes image of two little people.
    • Opens fine and all settings remained as they were before the reinstall
    • I was not using many of default apps, but looks like:
      • Mail, Calendar maintained settings with exception of having to again permit access to my location.
      • Cortana had to be re-enabled and setup.
    Kevin

tKevin Mitchell, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. people app and tile gone? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 30, 2021
  4. ArunRobo Win User

people app and tile gone?

People tile and app missing on lumia 520

Hi, People app should be in the app list. I guess you're talking about ME tile.? Is it???

ArunRobo, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

people app and tile gone?

1. people app and tile gone? - Similar Threads - app tile gone

2. people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    people app: I can't figure out how to use the people app. Is there a tutorial or book? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-app/a963ef06-5c78-424c-b8b6-d5167229e3db
  3. people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    people app: How to Delete people from people app because "delete" is greyed outon the menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-app/3c2f0d05-ba8e-4f40-afe4-218832716341
  4. People App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App: OneSyncSvc doesn't exists in the service list. Instead I see OneSyncSvc_2d075e running as a service. (can't change no properties, can't even stop the service) I wonder if that is correct as I have the following problem: When I try to add an mail account in the People App I...
  5. Microsoft People/People app

Microsoft People/People app: Recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro on my desktop. People or Microsoft People should have been part of that install, I believe, but maybe not because I believe I kept my files and programs. Regardless, my contacts in People are gone. Apps show I have 'People' but will not...
  6. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...
  7. Microsoft People App entries GONE

Microsoft People App entries GONE: Operating System Windows 10 I was not pleased at all today when I open Microsoft People and found that all entries were gone!!! I have not synced this App with any of my other devices or accounts, but instead had manually entered a few contacts (just testing the App to...
  8. The "PEOPLE" app

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The "PEOPLE" app: How do I get into my "PEOPLE" program to edit information and add more contacts? I click on the icon in my "startup section" but nothing happens; it's as though I haven't clicked the icon at all. Help??!!...
  9. People app

People app: I compose an email in Win 10 mail. I click on the "To". The popup shows "Suggested recipients", not the usual People app list of names .... and I cannot do anything with names in the suggested list, even if I select one. This has to be People app related, right?...
  10. People app

People app: Hello. I want to delete ALL THE CONTACTS in my people app. Sadly it seems you can only delete 50 at a time ?! I get you cant send them all but I dont have enough time/patience/energy to delete my 3600 contacts by 50. Any other way pls ? I will die. [Moved from: Windows 10...