Windows 10: People App crashes when editing contacts

Discus and support People App crashes when editing contacts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I try to edit existing contacts in the People app it just closes. I can select a contact, and select the 'edit' button. When I hit the + symbol... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GF22, Mar 19, 2019.

1. GF22 Win User

People App crashes when editing contacts

If I try to edit existing contacts in the People app it just closes.

I can select a contact, and select the 'edit' button.

When I hit the + symbol to e.g add a new phone number, People freezes for a few seconds and then closes. There is no error message.

:)

2. Lowey58 Win User

People App crashes when trying to edit contacts

tried every one. And the clean boot. People app still crashes when trying to edit/ add phone number etc. (a contact)

Lowey58, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Unlink combined contacts - People app

Hi Ninaco,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

The People app is your address book. Combine contacts is a feature to link duplicates to a single contact to avoid confusion. To overcome the issue you’re facing, I suggest you to try the steps listed below:

Method 1

Unlink Contacts:

• Open People app, click on the contact that is linked, and select
      See More on the right pane.
    • Click on Separate for the contact you want to unlink.

Method 2

Reset People app:

If you’ve multiple contacts that are linked, resetting People app would unlink contacts and put everything in place.

• Exit People app, if open.
    • Open Settings and click on Apps.
    • Locate People app on the right pane and choose
      Advanced Options.
    • Click on Reset.

Once reset is complete, open People app to see if the contacts are still linked.

For more information regarding People app, refer People app help

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 19, 2019
  4. People App crashes when editing contacts

People app not syncing google contacts

I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing something?

JoeInMexico, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

People App crashes when editing contacts

1. People App crashes when editing contacts - Similar Threads - App crashes editing

2. Edit or delete information about contacts in the People app?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edit or delete information about contacts in the People app?: Contacts move or change e-mail accounts. I've made typos when entering info and can't correct them. Some have two email addresses, one of which I must be careful not to select when I send an email. Another changed her phone number years ago, yet People wants me to call her at...
  3. How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...: Although I thought I had copied the relevant data ... that attempt failed. How do I locate my people data? Is it automatically on the Windows account? Can I ask People to read some data explicitly? Is there a windows web page to see my contacts? The original computer is...
  4. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  5. Edit contact information in People

Edit contact information in People: I'm having a hard time with the Windows 10 People app. I entered information for a number of friends and relatives, but the app added "other" street addresses and "other" e-mail addresses. Some of them are a mystery and others were changed many years ago. A former address is...
  6. contact list to people app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    contact list to people app: New computer with win 10. Set up all my email accounts in windows mail. moved contact list to new computer. How do I connect my contact list into People app so I can use them in email accounta?...
  7. People (contacts list) APP

People (contacts list) APP: Why am I unable to edit my contacts list? When I click on a name and then click edit, the app seems to freeze up and then the app just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-contacts-list-app/489e52b2-0333-47d5-a9ab-c4b2b0d36bb3
  8. People App crashes when trying to edit contacts

People App crashes when trying to edit contacts: Every time I try to edit someone's details the app just crashes. Everytime !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-app-crashes-when-trying-to-edit-contacts/831463a8-eb3f-49dd-a0b8-4eaae01d8f1b
  9. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  10. People Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    People Contacts: When I open People in Win 10, several of my contacts are missing. I still have Win Live Mail 2012. I have to copy the missing contacts from Win Live mail to People. Does any one know why some of my contacts are missing in People? I tried to import my contacts from Win Live...