Windows 10: People app crashing in build 17763

Discus and support People app crashing in build 17763 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since I received the latest 1809 build: 17763, the People app no longer works and crashes upon opening. Anyone else? Guess I'll have to figure out how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by eelpout, Dec 6, 2018.

1. eelpout Win User

People app crashing in build 17763

Since I received the latest 1809 build: 17763, the People app no longer works and crashes upon opening. Anyone else?

Guess I'll have to figure out how to uninstall and reinstall it and see if that fixes it.

:)

eelpout, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. People app crashing in build 17763 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Mail/People App

Hello Frank,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Kindly provide us a screenshot of the said Mail/People app issue.

Meanwhile, we suggest running the Windows app troubleshooter,
    this tool automatically diagnose and repair common problems with Windows Store apps.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 6, 2018
  4. People app crashing in build 17763

is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

People app crashing in build 17763

1. People app crashing in build 17763 - Similar Threads - app crashing build

2. Apps crashing on build 10.0.17134

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps crashing on build 10.0.17134: Hi guys, So we have noticed that on this particular build all the apps keep crashing, even microsoft store, skype etc. From event viewer The server Microsoft.WindowsStore_11807.1001.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. The...
  3. Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch

Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch: Hardware: Surface pro 3 Software: Windows 10(1803 , OS internal ver 17134.345) 1. First time I was realized my Mail app has some issues with the IMAP account, which cannot receive new mail. Than I tried to edit the account settings, but the account setting dialogue won't...
  4. People app

People app: Hello. I want to delete ALL THE CONTACTS in my people app. Sadly it seems you can only delete 50 at a time ?! I get you cant send them all but I dont have enough time/patience/energy to delete my 3600 contacts by 50. Any other way pls ? I will die. [Moved from: Windows 10...
  5. People app

in Windows 10 Customization
    People app: Hello. I want to delete ALL THE CONTACTS in my people app. Sadly it seems you can only delete 50 at a time ?! I get you cant send them all but I dont have enough time/patience/energy to delete my 3600 contacts by 50. Any other way pls ? I will die....
  6. People App

People App: My People App which is tied into Live Mail does not show anybody in the alphabetical A section although I can pick them up in Live Mail. How can I fix this? Roger 15531
  7. people app

people app: in my win 8.1pro, I have a backup copy of my windows contact folder. I would like to import this folder into the people app. 14704
  8. 'People App' - Build 10061

'People App' - Build 10061: Has anyone got the People App in Build 10061 working with an MS Account? I could create new contacts with a local account but, with an MS account, the app opens then closes within seconds! Mind you, there is something wrong with the People App on W10 for Phones too, so...
  9. people app syncing

people app syncing: I synced the mail app with my google account but only 6 of 100s of contacts populated in the people app? Any ideas? 41960
  10. Issue with People app

Issue with People app: I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app. When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good....