Windows 10: People app crashing in build 17763

Discus and support People app crashing in build 17763 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since I received the latest 1809 build: 17763, the People app no longer works and crashes upon opening. Anyone else? Guess I'll have to figure out how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by eelpout, Dec 6, 2018.

1. eelpout Win User

People app crashing in build 17763

Since I received the latest 1809 build: 17763, the People app no longer works and crashes upon opening. Anyone else?

Guess I'll have to figure out how to uninstall and reinstall it and see if that fixes it.

:)

eelpout, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. People app crashing in build 17763 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Mail/People App

Hello Frank,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Kindly provide us a screenshot of the said Mail/People app issue.

Meanwhile, we suggest running the Windows app troubleshooter,
    this tool automatically diagnose and repair common problems with Windows Store apps.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 6, 2018
  4. People app crashing in build 17763

is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

People app crashing in build 17763

1. People app crashing in build 17763 - Similar Threads - app crashing build

2. Microsoft People/People app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft People/People app: Recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro on my desktop. People or Microsoft People should have been part of that install, I believe, but maybe not because I believe I kept my files and programs. Regardless, my contacts in People are gone. Apps show I have 'People' but will not...
  3. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...
  4. Updates fails (Build 17763)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates fails (Build 17763): I've not been receiving updates for a few months now. It keeps failing. I have a 1TB M2 drive Samsung magician reports it as good. Could it be related to my key? 2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4495667) -Error 0x80070002...
  5. Bluetooth not working on Windows 10 update build 17763

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not working on Windows 10 update build 17763: Two days ago Windows 10 did a forced update and is currently showing build 17763 in sysinfo. Since then I cannot connect to Bluetooth devices, nor remove a device to try to fix that problem. Windows won't remove the device through the Control Panel, nor if I stop and start...
  6. People App crashes when editing contacts

People App crashes when editing contacts: If I try to edit existing contacts in the People app it just closes. I can select a contact, and select the 'edit' button. When I hit the + symbol to e.g add a new phone number, People freezes for a few seconds and then closes. There is no error message....
  7. Windows 10 v. 10.0.17763 build 17763 and Netflix app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 v. 10.0.17763 build 17763 and Netflix app: Hi all, This is mostly a bug report about two identical issues on different computers. When trying to play a particular show, the Netflix app crashes, followed by taskbar search results becoming non-clickable. I am not sure if these events are related, but this is what...
  8. Issues in opening store apps in Win 10 build 17763

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues in opening store apps in Win 10 build 17763: I have recently upgraded my Win 10 from version 1803 to version 1809. But now, some Microsoft store apps such as Candy Crush, JioSaavn, etc. crash as soon as open them. Even Settings app crash in a few seconds. I tried searching for troubleshooter in control panel but there...
  9. Apps crashing on build 10.0.17134

Apps crashing on build 10.0.17134: Hi guys, So we have noticed that on this particular build all the apps keep crashing, even microsoft store, skype etc. From event viewer The server Microsoft.WindowsStore_11807.1001.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. The...
  10. 'People App' - Build 10061

'People App' - Build 10061: Has anyone got the People App in Build 10061 working with an MS Account? I could create new contacts with a local account but, with an MS account, the app opens then closes within seconds! Mind you, there is something wrong with the People App on W10 for Phones too, so...