Windows 10: People App delete "Skype" contacts

Discus and support People App delete "Skype" contacts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please read:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Castor Cascom, May 24, 2020.

1. People App delete "Skype" contacts

Please read: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ople-app/4afe5650-d97d-4163-b58f-7b9a0060fc6d

I am trying to delete all contacts on my People's app to keep it clean and most are old contacts anyway.

I did check in Skype, and have deleted the contacts there.

In the People app however, all contacts are still there and I cannot delete them. The delete button is shown, though transparent i.e. clicking on it does not do anything.

I know People is just a Sync setting, but I'd just like to simply erase all my contacts. I still don't know how.

Yes, I have tried to restart the People app too, and I have deleted the Skype contacts on the Web just like in the Windows app. I am lost.

Thanks.

:)

Castor Cascom, May 24, 2020

2. Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 24, 2020
  3. Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Thank you for the quick reply!

It's not what I meant. I do want to see my Skype contacts in the people app. As I mentioned in the OP, I use Messaging and Skype Video apps for Skype calls and chat, so naturally I need my Skype contacts in the People app. But the contacts
    I deleted from Skype, those shouldn't be in the People app or anywhere else. But, for some reason, they persist in the people app even after deletion from Skype contact list.

Also, I can't delete Skype contacts from the People app, it always redirects me to Skype for desktop or web.skype.com, which is exactly what I did.

Thank you,

Mateja

HippyTesla, May 24, 2020
  4. People App delete "Skype" contacts

Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hello!

About a month ago, I've cleaned up my Skype contact list recently using web.skype.com. Since the introduction of the messaging app for Windows 10 desktop and mobile, I don't use the Skype desktop app or the Windows Phone one. Messaging app does what I need
    from Skype and it's really all I need. I use web.skype.com to manage the contact list (and will until this feature comes to the People/Messaging app).

But a curious problem persists with this setup: the contacts I deleted on web.skype.com weren't removed from the People app on both my PC and my Windows phone. In the meantime (since I cleaned up my contact list), I've done a factory
    reset on my Windows phone to clean things up a bit. Those deleted Skype contacts aren't in my phone's People app anymore. But they're
    still on my PC's People app, and I don't plan on reinstalling Windows on my PC just for this.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Mateja

HippyTesla, May 24, 2020
Thema:

People App delete "Skype" contacts

1. People App delete "Skype" contacts - Similar Threads - App delete Skype

2. mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?: Outlook People App allows the deletion of a recent contact.Mail People App does not allow the deletion of a recent contact?Choose a contact does not show the one I want to delete.I do not understand where a Recent Contact in the Mail People app resides in order to delete...
  3. Edit or delete information about contacts in the People app?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edit or delete information about contacts in the People app?: Contacts move or change e-mail accounts. I've made typos when entering info and can't correct them. Some have two email addresses, one of which I must be careful not to select when I send an email. Another changed her phone number years ago, yet People wants me to call her at...
  4. All contacts deleted in people app

All contacts deleted in people app: I forgot to sync my contacts to the mail and removed it from the people app. When i added the account back not even a singke contact was there. Is it possible that they may in stored in the memory of the laptop??...
  5. People app shows already deleted Skype contacts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    People app shows already deleted Skype contacts: Windows 10 is version 2004. People app is version 10.1909.10841.0. Contacts were deleted within Skype (Skype contact can't be deleted from People app by design). Is there any solution for this? I have been searching over internet for quite a long time with no luck so far....
  6. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  7. Delete A Recent Contact in the People App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete A Recent Contact in the People App: I've already looked at several similar questions. None of the suggestions in any of those threads solved my problem, so I'm starting a new thread looking for fresh advice. Somehow, two unrelated contacts of mine (my CPA and my son's school) became linked through either my...
  8. Delete contacts from People App

Delete contacts from People App: I can't delete old contacts from People App. When I right click on the contact the Delete is grayed out. Anyone out there that knows how to fix this, please help me out. Thanks...
  9. Delete contacts from people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete contacts from people app: When I try to delete contacts from people app the delete option is grayed out. How can I delete these old contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-contacts-from-people-app/01c45ead-10d5-4de6-a386-409b408b8720
  10. deleting contacts in people

deleting contacts in people: how do i delete all contacts at once in people app or delete account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-contacts-in-people/b27166c4-29e6-4b71-9a9c-96471f6e36ec