Windows 10: People App does not sync

Discus and support People App does not sync in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; whenever I open the People App, I get all the people but also get a message at the top of the screen that says, "Sync failed on one account." I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JJG10, Nov 17, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

People App does not sync

whenever I open the People App, I get all the people but also get a message at the top of the screen that says, "Sync failed on one account." I then click on that message and choose Fix account. I get a message that says, "your account was updated successfully." Yet, when I open People App again I get the same stuff.

Why wont it stay fixed?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Nov 17, 2018

2. People app not syncing google contacts

I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing something?

JoeInMexico, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Linked Outlook Contacts Not Syncing with Windows 10 People App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to sync contacts in the People App, I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

If the issue still persists, then remove and add the Yahoo account in the People App.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

People App does not sync

Syncing People App

The People App is linked to the Mail App. In the Mail App you can choose the Sync properties of each Account (Mail, Calendar, Contacts).
    It is slightly obscure as when you go to Account properties you have to go to > Change mailbox sync settings > toggle on those that are required to sync.
    15 min is a Sync frequency you can choose.

Some Accounts may only have a Mail choice in there, Accounts like MS/Outlook Mail, Gmail etc have Calendar and Contacts as well.

Potentially it can get rather confusing.

I use a Local Account on the PCs and sign on to one of my Microsoft Accounts separately.
    The People App itself is synced with one of those Microsoft/Outlook Mail Accounts.
    I have 5 Accounts(3 Brands) in all that can potentially Sync Contacts(& Calendars).

Helmut, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

People App does not sync

1. People App does not sync - Similar Threads - App does sync

2. People App Syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App Syncing: I have two computers both running Windows 10 version 1909 with MS Accounts. Computer 1 has a fully populated People App and Computer 2 has a not so fully populated People App. When I make changes, add to or delete an entry to Computer 1 those changes never get transferred to...
  3. People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail

People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail: Hi, I have been trying to make a group contact in the people app but it won't save the emails. It creates the contact card but it won't save the emails to it. When I create it it says the emails are there but then they disappear when I search for it later. Tried making just...
  4. Syncing People App

Syncing People App: I have used the MS People app on my Desktop and Laptop since early days and I don't remember how I populated them. Over the years, they have different entries and it has never bothered me but now it does. How to I keep them in sync? The machines are on a wireless network...
  5. People App Wont Sync Contacts

People App Wont Sync Contacts: The People App wont sync contacts. When I go into the Settings of the People App, in each of my 3 accounts it only has Mail and Calendar as syncing. I then go to the sync options of that particular account and yes, contacts is on. So what is going on? I cant figure this out...
  6. Contacts online not syncing in to people app.

Contacts online not syncing in to people app.: On behalf of an end user, I configured the Windows 10 mail app (because the far superior Windows Live Mail app has been retired by Microsoft). I exported his Windows Live Mail in to a CSV. I created a Microsoft account using his existing email address *** Email address is...
  7. Photos app does not sync with People app.

Photos app does not sync with People app.: Ever since the most recent update (10-16-18), I am noticing that the Photo App, particularly the "People" function is all screwed up. I do NOT see images anymore above the names of each person. Plus, some of the people who I had previously Named are now showing up as "Add...
  8. Syncing People App

Syncing People App: I have the People App set up on both my Desktop and Laptop. The desktop app is up to date. Sadly, the laptop app is months if nor a year behind. Is there a way to bring the laptop up to the desktop without examining each entry and modifying it or adding any new entries?...
  9. People app not syncing google contacts

People app not syncing google contacts: I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing...
  10. people app syncing

people app syncing: I synced the mail app with my google account but only 6 of 100s of contacts populated in the people app? Any ideas? 41960

Users found this page by searching for:

1. people app in windows does not sync