Windows 10: People app icon not showing in Start menu but shows in Taskbar. Any fix?

Discus and support People app icon not showing in Start menu but shows in Taskbar. Any fix? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OkAstronomer123 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OkAstronomer123, Aug 29, 2022.

1. People app icon not showing in Start menu but shows in Taskbar. Any fix?

/u/OkAstronomer123, Aug 29, 2022

2. People Bar is not showing up.

Hi,

The missing People Bar could have been disabled when you turn off your computer. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before you turn off the computer?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?
    • Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting steps?

To enable people icon on your taskbar, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Click on the Start button on Windows 10 and choose Settings.
    • Next, open the Settings app and choose Personalization icon.
    • select Taskbar to open all taskbar settings.
    • Look for People section, turn on Show people on the taskbar to show the People bar from the taskbar.

We look forward to your response and for the results for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Aug 29, 2022
  3. Toydotgam Win User
    People Bar is not showing up.

I have noticed that the options are greyed out, so i can't turn them on but throught the grey they are on. I think it has been locked on by admin since at the top it says "*Some settings are controlled by your administrator". I tried to turn it on and off
    still but is hasn't worked.

Toydotgam, Aug 29, 2022
  4. People app icon not showing in Start menu but shows in Taskbar. Any fix?

Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar

It's been couple of days since I upgraded my system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Everything is working fine except this nasty error. If I pin apps to taskbar or run apps , the app icons on the taskbar are shown as white square. And I am seeing the same thing on Apps & Feature settings list. The icons are there but as the backgrounds are shown as grey-white chequered pattern (for the transparency ), it looks like white squares. Rebuilt the icon cache but to no avail.
    People app icon not showing in Start menu but shows in Taskbar. Any fix? [​IMG]

People app icon not showing in Start menu but shows in Taskbar. Any fix? [​IMG]
    And on the start menu everything looks fine.

HyperionFumed, Aug 29, 2022
Thema:

People app icon not showing in Start menu but shows in Taskbar. Any fix?

1. People app icon not showing in Start menu but shows in Taskbar. Any fix? - Similar Threads - app icon showing

2. App icons not showing on taskbar and Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    App icons not showing on taskbar and Start: When I opened my computer and then BOOM! All my windows store app icons were gone from the taskbar and start even settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-not-showing-on-taskbar-and-start/55cc2077-6b89-4e1c-8e9f-fd08fc6ed1cd
  3. App icons not showing on taskbar and Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icons not showing on taskbar and Start: When I opened my computer and then BOOM! All my windows store app icons were gone from the taskbar and start even settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-not-showing-on-taskbar-and-start/55cc2077-6b89-4e1c-8e9f-fd08fc6ed1cd
  4. App icons not showing on taskbar and Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No Icons showing in Start Menu for any Apps/Programs?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Icons showing in Start Menu for any Apps/Programs?!?: Since upgrading to Windows 11 yesterday its been like this.All updates installed.Multiple restarts.Reset File Explorer in Task Manager.Any ideas on a fix?...
  6. No Icons showing in Start Menu for any Apps/Programs?!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Icons showing in Start Menu for any Apps/Programs?!?: Since upgrading to Windows 11 yesterday its been like this.All updates installed.Multiple restarts.Reset File Explorer in Task Manager.Any ideas on a fix?...
  7. people icon not showing up in the start menu

people icon not showing up in the start menu: The people icon is not showing up in the start menu. The people app is installed but the icon is not showing up in the start menu. How to get it to appear in the start menu?[ATTACH]...
  8. People App not showing in the start menu though it is installed

People App not showing in the start menu though it is installed: I deleted the people app using the poweshell. After reinstalling it from Windows Store the app is not showing in the start menu. How to bring this app in the start menu app list?...
  9. windows 10 showing no desktop icon and not showing any taskbar menu

windows 10 showing no desktop icon and not showing any taskbar menu: When I turn on my laptop, there are no desktop icons and no taskbar menus. Windows explorer is not working, there is no taskbar. ctrl+alt+del shows security options but when I choose taskbar it does not open any window. Any Help?????...
  10. Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu: As per the image below - why are many of my apps not showing their icons? There's not options to change them and I've tried pinning the original .exe and shortcuts to the app but there is no difference. Any clues? [img] 10775