Windows 10: People app in Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support People app in Windows 10 Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; People in Windows 10 Mail accesses my contacts from Gmail. I can edit these People Contacts on my PC successfully, but I can't add new information.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tom_405, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Tom_405 Win User

People app in Windows 10 Mail

People in Windows 10 Mail accesses my contacts from Gmail. I can edit these People Contacts on my PC successfully, but I can't add new information. For example, a 2nd phone number can't be added to the record. Nor can I add an address if there wasn't one there before. The app just closes when I try to add something new.

:)

Tom_405, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. People app in Windows 10 Mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 12, 2019
  4. People app in Windows 10 Mail

Mail/People App

Hello Frank,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Kindly provide us a screenshot of the said Mail/People app issue.

Meanwhile, we suggest running the Windows app troubleshooter,
    this tool automatically diagnose and repair common problems with Windows Store apps.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

People app in Windows 10 Mail

1. People app in Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - app Mail

2. Windows Mail app requires password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Mail app requires password: The Windows Mail app keeps asking for the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-app-requires-password/4e3450d0-aa0e-4847-b509-1fac984efbc6"
  3. The system apps like Edge, Mail, Store do not connect to internet whereas Chrome and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The system apps like Edge, Mail, Store do not connect to internet whereas Chrome and...: I use Windows 10 and since a couple of days, I am facing this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-apps-like-edge-mail-store-do-not/d5d77c4d-df5b-4ea3-bd1d-787f0c49e77b
  4. After resetting Mail app the writing pane is white, not black as before the reset. How do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After resetting Mail app the writing pane is white, not black as before the reset. How do...: I used to have a black writing pane - i.e. the pane where you write your email - but after resetting the Mail app the pane is white. Please tell me how to fix this. On a positive note: The issue I've been having with old unwanted contacts showing up even after thorough...
  5. Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my email accounts?

Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my email accounts?: Will resetting the Mail & Calendar app in Windows 10 delete my email accounts - i.e. will re-entering all email account data be required? Your time is very much appreciated....
  6. Change Windows 10 Mail app default font size

Change Windows 10 Mail app default font size: Why ( Windows 10 Mail App) is the default mail font Calibri 10 and not 12? Every other MS product uses Calibri 10 and my emails look very small and hard to read The alternative is to change each email to Calibri 12, or larger but that is so time consuming and very...
  7. Unable to enable focus inbox for Gmail accounts in Mail app

Unable to enable focus inbox for Gmail accounts in Mail app: I definitely used to have focused inbox support for my gmail accounts within the Windows 10 mail app. After having to reset my Windows Mail app, I no longer have the option to toggle focused inbox on my gmail accounts. Is there something I can do to fix this issue? I use...
  8. HOW TO RE-ORDER EMAIL ACCOUNTS WITHIN THE WINDOWS MAIL APP

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO RE-ORDER EMAIL ACCOUNTS WITHIN THE WINDOWS MAIL APP: IS THERE A WAY TO REORDER THE SEQUENCE OF EMAIL ACCOUNTS WITHIN THE WINDOWS MAIL APP ? ? ON LEFT SIDE OF APP. CURRENTLY THEY ARE SEQUENCED IN THE ORDER I INPUT , BUT I PREFER TO RE-ORDER THEM IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE . ANY SUGGESTIONS ??...
  9. Windows 10 Mail app how to change reading pane to bottom view (horizontal orientation)

Windows 10 Mail app how to change reading pane to bottom view (horizontal orientation): VERY SIMPLY, How do you change the reading pane orientation in the Windows 10 mail app (the default app) from the standard left-right layout to a top-bottom layout?? The left right reading pane SUCKS!! and not having the option to change it to top bottom is...
  10. Importing contacts to Mail app using .csv file

Importing contacts to Mail app using .csv file: I have 3 questions regarding issues I'm having with Windows 10 Mail. (1) When typing a particular contact's name (same for several actually) within an email, two or more options pop-up. One of them is correct and the other options are totally wrong - i.e. not any contacts...