Windows 10: People app in Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support People app in Windows 10 Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; People in Windows 10 Mail accesses my contacts from Gmail. I can edit these People Contacts on my PC successfully, but I can't add new information.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tom_405, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Tom_405 Win User

People app in Windows 10 Mail

People in Windows 10 Mail accesses my contacts from Gmail. I can edit these People Contacts on my PC successfully, but I can't add new information. For example, a 2nd phone number can't be added to the record. Nor can I add an address if there wasn't one there before. The app just closes when I try to add something new.

:)

Tom_405, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. People app in Windows 10 Mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 12, 2019
  4. People app in Windows 10 Mail

Mail/People App

Hello Frank,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Kindly provide us a screenshot of the said Mail/People app issue.

Meanwhile, we suggest running the Windows app troubleshooter,
    this tool automatically diagnose and repair common problems with Windows Store apps.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

People app in Windows 10 Mail

1. People app in Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - app Mail

2. Why does Microsoft Apps want to be able to delete all gmail mails?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Microsoft Apps want to be able to delete all gmail mails?: I get the following message: Microsoft apps and services would like to: Read, compose, send, and permanently delete all your email from Gmail [ATTACH] This app wants permission to do anything you can do in your Gmail, including: Read your emails Compose new emails...
  3. Where is the compose new mail in the mail app?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where is the compose new mail in the mail app?: I know this sounds dumb, but after the last update a couple of days ago, I can no longer find the compose new mail link in the mail app. I use windows 10 64 pro. After all the things I had to repair after the last update, I am not really surprised to find this problem. I...
  4. Unable to send emails from Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to send emails from Windows 10 Mail app: My Windows 10 Livemail sends all my outgoing emails to Outbox. Optusnet email is working on internet (webmail) and tests on Windows 10 has provided messages that all settings are correct. Any ideas on what is going wrong here?? ***Original title: Sending emails from...
  5. Mail and Calendar App removed but email address still showing through settings mangage...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mail and Calendar App removed but email address still showing through settings mangage...: If the Mail and Calendar App are reinstalled on my computer, I'm assuming I could access my email again. How to do I completely remove my email address so it's no longer showing in settings/accounts/your email accounts? Thanks...
  6. Mail and Calendar App removed but email address still showing through settings mangage...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mail and Calendar App removed but email address still showing through settings mangage...: If the Mail and Calendar App are reinstalled on my computer, I'm assuming I could access my email again. How to do I completely remove my email address so it's no longer showing in settings/accounts/your email accounts? Thanks...
  7. [SOLVED] Why cant i send emails with the built in mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [SOLVED] Why cant i send emails with the built in mail app?: Whenever i try to send it just gives me a send fail email from Windows. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-why-cant-i-send-emails-with-the-built-in/13542251-f6a8-4757-8c1d-95eaef26b938
  8. Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App live tile and notification are not working !: Hello, My Mail app live is not working, I tried reinstall it, reset it, but the tile is not liven even if I got emails the notification does not appear *Huh. Note : I have the latest version of windows 10 64 bit. 132441
  9. Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App live tile and notification are not working !: Hello, My Mail app live is not working, I tried reinstall it, reset it, but the tile is not liven even if I got emails the notification does not appear *Huh. Note : I have the latest version of windows 10 64 bit. 132441
  10. Mail app issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app issue: I keep receiving the following message from my Mail app: This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts.This occurs when I am trying to enable Focused Inbox. But I have it enabled on the web interface. I have an account on Outlook.com, Windows 10 Pro, version 1809, OS...