Windows 10: People App not showing in the start menu though it is installed

Discus and support People App not showing in the start menu though it is installed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I deleted the people app using the poweshell. After reinstalling it from Windows Store the app is not showing in the start menu. How to bring this app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AraniAranyak, Feb 12, 2021.

1. People App not showing in the start menu though it is installed

I deleted the people app using the poweshell. After reinstalling it from Windows Store the app is not showing in the start menu. How to bring this app in the start menu app list?

:)

AraniAranyak, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    How to show MOST USED apps in Start Menu?

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix the issue with Start Menu.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Start settings.

I suggest you to try the following steps which will help to show most used apps in Start Menu. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and click on
      Settings.

• Double-click Personalization.

• In the left pane click on Start.

• In the right pane check if the “Show most used apps” slider is
      turned on or not.

• If not move the slider to
      turn it on.

• Now check in Start Menu, if it shows most used apps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

People App not showing in the start menu though it is installed

App in start menu

Hi,

It is possible that the was uninstalled that's why you can't find it anywhere now or the app file was corrupted. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest installing the app again and see if it will show on the start menu.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

People App not showing in the start menu though it is installed

1. People App not showing in the start menu though it is installed - Similar Threads - App showing start

2. start menu search not showing apps installed with Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu search not showing apps installed with Microsoft store: when i search in the search bar for apps installed with Microsoft store they don't show upi have tried trouble shooters and it hasn't helped. i have tried re-indexing and it hasn't helped please tell me what i can do...
  3. People app icon not showing in Start menu but shows in Taskbar. Any fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    People app icon not showing in Start menu but shows in Taskbar. Any fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OkAstronomer123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/x0t6aq/people_app_icon_not_showing_in_start_menu_but/
  4. Installed apps not showing up in start menu search.

in Cortana
    Installed apps not showing up in start menu search.: Hi. Recently I have noticed that some of applications I pinned on the start menu disappeared and some are not showing up in the search. I have to go into their installed folders to run it which is hectic. Please help....
  5. People/Social App icon did not showing and app name is "ms-resource:AppListName" in Start Menu

People/Social App icon did not showing and app name is "ms-resource:AppListName" in Start Menu: Why my app name in start menu is "ms-resource:AppListName" in start menu? i have been trying to restart app from settings, but did not work. [ATTACH]...
  6. people icon not showing up in the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    people icon not showing up in the start menu: The people icon is not showing up in the start menu. The people app is installed but the icon is not showing up in the start menu. How to get it to appear in the start menu?[ATTACH]...
  7. MS People app appearing as ms-resource:AppListName in Start Menu

MS People app appearing as ms-resource:AppListName in Start Menu: [img] [img] Been having this for a while I think, I don't use the people app (nor do I use the Start menu that much else, to be honest, I use a keystroke launcher) just an OCD thing to fix really, if its possible. I've already tried updating all apps from the MS Store....
  8. Microsoft People app is missing from the start menu, but it is still installed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft People app is missing from the start menu, but it is still installed: I use people app to sync my contacts on Telegram, but recently i updated my Windows to build 20215 and after that the People app doesn't appear in the start menu. I tried to open people app from Mail app, but it doesn't work. It asks me to install app from Microsoft Store,...
  9. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...
  10. Start menu search does not show installed apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search does not show installed apps: My start menu does not show any installed apps such as VLC, steam or you name it. It does show up things like calculator but for the most part it does not show any installed apps. I did not mess with the indexing option and dont know what im missing here. How do I have my...