Windows 10: People app not syncing google contacts

Discus and support People app not syncing google contacts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoeInMexico, Aug 5, 2015.

1. People app not syncing google contacts

I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing something?

:)

JoeInMexico, Aug 5, 2015

2. Win 10 PEOPLE app not sync'ing with Google contacts

Sign in to Google Contact and label all contact as "My Contacts". Try to reconfigure your account and see if that helps. You may also check this link: How
    To Sync Google Contacts With Windows 10 People App

Gina_on_the_thread, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Win 10 PEOPLE app not sync'ing with Google contacts

I ran into the same problem yesterday after I reset my phone and restored from a recent backup. Google emails and calendar synced fine but not contacts.

I performed the following steps to get the sync to work again:

1. Removed the Google account from the phone by going to Settings -> Accounts -> Email & app accounts.

2. Logged into my Google account using a web browser and revoked access to
    Microsoft
    and Windows apps.

3. In the Google account settings, turned off Access to insecure apps.

4. In the Google account settings, turned off Two-factor authentication as well.

5. Restarted the Windows phone.

6. Open the People app, went to Settings and added the Google account as a
    Google account.

When the phone synced this time, it was able to sync contacts, calendar and emails just fine.

SuperArcher, Aug 5, 2015
  4. marwerno Win User

People app not syncing google contacts

I had a very similar issue, in such that only few contacts synced. What I found was, that MS does ONLY sync the contact which are labeled "My contacts" all others in the Google Contacts Manager are ignored!
    Highly annoying that one...but solvable
    Simply go into Google contacts and assign back all the contact you have to the "My contacts" group and all will be well (hopefully People app not syncing google contacts :)

marwerno, Dec 16, 2015
  5. Pelican Win User
    I know this is an old thread, but since doing a clean install of anniversary update (1607) x64, I am having the same issue as the OP in that there is no way my Google contacts will show up in the People App and yet they are fine in mail and calendar. I have checked all security settings both MS and Google ends but to no avail. Anyone else having this issue and if so, how is it solved?

Pelican, Sep 29, 2016
  6. ajfudge Win User
    up for this.
    I also can't see my Google Contacts in People app despite having it checked in "Filter contacts".

ajfudge, Oct 1, 2016
  7. Peppapaws Win User
    I have the same problem on new Windows 10 phone, Lumia 650.
    Calendar and mail both working fine. 'People' however, does not get contacts from my Google account.
    I have two older phones, both Lumia 635 running Windows 8.1 Update, and they both work and synchronise with my Google contacts.
    Tech guy in phone shop baffled, tried just about everything (all of which I had already tried!) to no avail!
    Someone must know what is going on?

Peppapaws, Oct 9, 2016
  8. genepaton Win User

This worked. It's funny, I had a 30 min chat session with a Microsoft "Tech" this afternoon which I finally ended in frustration because he didn't even know you could add a Google account to Outlook. Thanks for the tip.

genepaton, Oct 11, 2016
  9. ajfudge Win User
    All of my Google contacts are under the "My Contacts" label, so I rule this one out.

ajfudge, Oct 11, 2016
  10. Pelican Win User
    Mine too.

Pelican, Oct 11, 2016
  11. imeem Win User
    I'm having a Hit or a miss with this. Works fine on my desktop, but it doesn't on my laptop.

imeem, Oct 11, 2016
  12. ajfudge Win User
    Is there any way to purge cache of the People app?

ajfudge, Oct 12, 2016
  13. Pelican Win User

I've uninstalled it which I presume would clear the cache and then re-installed it from the store and it made no difference.
    Plus I did a clean install of Win 10 and the People App wouldn't sync Google contacts right from the start so I drought if the App cache is the problem.

Pelican, Oct 12, 2016
  14. ajfudge Win User
    For what it's worth, I tried adding a new contact via the People app to see if it would sync with my Google account, but the people app crashed.

ajfudge, Oct 13, 2016
  15. I too have the exact same problem as you. Then I disabled POP. Then contacts synced like a charm with my people app.

pranesh11496, Dec 18, 2016
Thema:

1. People app not syncing google contacts - Similar Threads - app syncing google

2. Fetching Google Contacts Into People App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fetching Google Contacts Into People App: I've added my outlook email account to mail.How do I get the app to fetch the contacts listed in the outlook online account?James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fetching-google-contacts-into-people-app/69a60ce3-90f4-4643-9556-d563a4d0e36d
  3. Fetching Google Contacts Into People App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fetching Google Contacts Into People App: I've added my outlook email account to mail.How do I get the app to fetch the contacts listed in the outlook online account?James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fetching-google-contacts-into-people-app/69a60ce3-90f4-4643-9556-d563a4d0e36d
  4. Importing Google Contacts into People App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  5. Importing Google Contacts into People App

Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  6. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  7. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  8. Google Contacts wont sync with People app

Google Contacts wont sync with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I Click on People icon to see the syncing Status and it stays like that for Many hours with no contacts populating the People app. How long does syncing take from scratch? I have tried...
  9. People App Wont Sync Contacts

People App Wont Sync Contacts: The People App wont sync contacts. When I go into the Settings of the People App, in each of my 3 accounts it only has Mail and Calendar as syncing. I then go to the sync options of that particular account and yes, contacts is on. So what is going on? I cant figure this out...
  10. Contacts online not syncing in to people app.

Contacts online not syncing in to people app.: On behalf of an end user, I configured the Windows 10 mail app (because the far superior Windows Live Mail app has been retired by Microsoft). I exported his Windows Live Mail in to a CSV. I created a Microsoft account using his existing email address *** Email address is...