Windows 10: People app not syncing google contacts

Discus and support People app not syncing google contacts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I too have the exact same problem as you. Then I disabled POP. Then contacts synced like a charm with my people app. Did you disable POP in Gmail? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoeInMexico, Aug 5, 2015.

1. ajfudge Win User

People app not syncing google contacts

Did you disable POP in Gmail?

ajfudge, Dec 19, 2016

2. Yes I did. And then it works perfectly for me.

pranesh11496, Dec 19, 2016
  3. Pelican Win User
    Didn't work for me

Pelican, Dec 19, 2016
  4. lumiaman Win User

Hi all,

I don't know if this is still relevant to any of you but I'd been having the same problem and this thread was the closest to the specific issue I was having. It's been a frustrating few days but I saw something on another forum that worked immediately, and I thought I'd pass it along here in case it helps. After trying everything, the thing that worked for me was:

1. Go to your Google account permissions and disallow Microsoft. This will temporarily break the account connection.
    2. On your problem device (mine was my phone but my desktop app hasn't had any problems), delete your Google account.
    3. Go back to Google and enable 2-step authentication.
    4. Go back to the malfunctioning device and recreate the Google account connection. You'll be prompted with a 2-step auth process, but at the end you'll re-establish the connection between MS and Google, and ALL your contacts should begin to sync.

I really hope this works for you, as I have been just as frustrated for about four days.

lumiaman, Dec 24, 2016
  5. Pelican Win User
    The above procedure didn't work for me

Pelican, Dec 26, 2016
  6. ajfudge Win User
    Didn't work for me also.

I tried resetting the People app's cache via Settings -> Apps but still no changes.

I guess People app is too flawed a product that a lot of people are having problems with it and solutions that came up do not work for everyone.

ajfudge, Dec 27, 2016
  7. sinfony78 Win User
    go to settings and delete the acct so nothing is synched (mail, calendar, or contacts)
    go into people and add google acct from there
    contacts should start populating

this worked for me

sinfony78, Jan 10, 2017
  8. Pelican Win User

Tried all this before, no go for me

Pelican, Jan 10, 2017
  9. @ Sifony 78 go to settings and delete the acct so nothing is synched (mail, calendar, or contacts)
    go into people and add google acct from there
    contacts should start populating .

Thanks a bunch ! this worked for me after looking for solution for days . Thank you

littlelittle, Feb 2, 2017
  10. Nlitsh Win User
    Thank you so much, nothing else worked but this one. Much appreciated.

Nlitsh, Feb 2, 2017
  11. Pelican Win User
    Solved for me with Creators update

Pelican, May 1, 2017
  12. ajfudge Win User
    Installing the Creators Update fixed it for me.
    I hoped there was an easier fix. I didn't want to rely on upgrades to fix a simple problem as this.

(I say "simple" because this shouldn't really have to occur at all.)

ajfudge, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. People app not syncing google contacts - Similar Threads - app syncing google

2. Fetching Google Contacts Into People App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fetching Google Contacts Into People App: I've added my outlook email account to mail.How do I get the app to fetch the contacts listed in the outlook online account?James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fetching-google-contacts-into-people-app/69a60ce3-90f4-4643-9556-d563a4d0e36d
  3. Fetching Google Contacts Into People App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fetching Google Contacts Into People App: I've added my outlook email account to mail.How do I get the app to fetch the contacts listed in the outlook online account?James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fetching-google-contacts-into-people-app/69a60ce3-90f4-4643-9556-d563a4d0e36d
  4. Importing Google Contacts into People App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  5. Importing Google Contacts into People App

Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  6. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  7. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  8. Google Contacts wont sync with People app

Google Contacts wont sync with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I Click on People icon to see the syncing Status and it stays like that for Many hours with no contacts populating the People app. How long does syncing take from scratch? I have tried...
  9. People App Wont Sync Contacts

People App Wont Sync Contacts: The People App wont sync contacts. When I go into the Settings of the People App, in each of my 3 accounts it only has Mail and Calendar as syncing. I then go to the sync options of that particular account and yes, contacts is on. So what is going on? I cant figure this out...
  10. Contacts online not syncing in to people app.

Contacts online not syncing in to people app.: On behalf of an end user, I configured the Windows 10 mail app (because the far superior Windows Live Mail app has been retired by Microsoft). I exported his Windows Live Mail in to a CSV. I created a Microsoft account using his existing email address *** Email address is...