Windows 10: People app shows already deleted Skype contacts

Discus and support People app shows already deleted Skype contacts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 is version 2004. People app is version 10.1909.10841.0. Contacts were deleted within Skype (Skype contact can't be deleted from People app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pan_hrabe, Jul 20, 2020.

1. People app shows already deleted Skype contacts

Windows 10 is version 2004.

People app is version 10.1909.10841.0.

Contacts were deleted within Skype (Skype contact can't be deleted from People app by design).

Is there any solution for this?

I have been searching over internet for quite a long time with no luck so far.

Thanks

submitted by /u/pan_hrabe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pan_hrabe, Jul 20, 2020

2. Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Rag85 Win User
    People App showing deleted contacts

First of all, I want to clarify that I don't have linked any external account to microsoft account. So, please, don't tell me that the contacts may come from external linked accounts. The only thing I have linked is Skype,
    because now we are forced to link both Skype to Microsoft.

My problem is that I want to delete all my contacts from both Skype and from the People app. I want to to this because I want to import a new list of contacts (most of my contacts are old and out of date and it is easier to delete and import).
    From Skype, I am done deleting all contacts.

BUT, from the web-based "People" application I can still see some contacts and I cannot delete those contacts because are listed as contacts coming from Skype. These are about 20 contacts that I cannot delete.

Worst of all, in the Windows 10 "People" application I still can see about 80 contacts that I cannot delete because are listed as coming from "Skype contact list".

This behavior of the people app is a mess. Every application (Skype, web-based People app, and windows 10 people app) shows a different list.
    I repeat: I cannot delete the contacts because there is nothing to delete from Skype but both web and desktop based People apps list the contacts as coming from Skype.

Please, FIX my account and delete all my contacts. I don't care what contacts are there, just delete all them so that I can import an updated list. Don't tell me that I must delete them from Skype because, as I have already said, there is
    nothing left in Skype.

Rag85, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Hazzard V Win User

People app shows already deleted Skype contacts

Delete skype contacts from people app

Hi,

Why cant I delete skype contacts from the people app? I have some contacts showing up in the people app that I cannot delete. It simply doesn't have a delete option that regular Hotmail address book contacts have. I logged in to skype web and deleted the
    contacts in question from the contact list a week ago however they still show up in the people app. I am not talking about contacts with a skype username. My concern is regarding a contact in my phone that was uploaded to skype. I have attached a screenshot
    of what the contact looks like. Why cant skype just access Hotmail's address book instead of making copies of contacts?

People app shows already deleted Skype contacts 9eb4a782-7afb-4520-95de-34945df8a00e.jpg

Hazzard V, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

People app shows already deleted Skype contacts

1. People app shows already deleted Skype contacts - Similar Threads - app shows already

2. How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...: Although I thought I had copied the relevant data ... that attempt failed. How do I locate my people data? Is it automatically on the Windows account? Can I ask People to read some data explicitly? Is there a windows web page to see my contacts? The original computer is...
  3. All contacts deleted in people app

All contacts deleted in people app: I forgot to sync my contacts to the mail and removed it from the people app. When i added the account back not even a singke contact was there. Is it possible that they may in stored in the memory of the laptop??...
  4. People App delete "Skype" contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    People App delete "Skype" contacts: Please read: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/how-to-delete-all-the-contacts-from-people-app/4afe5650-d97d-4163-b58f-7b9a0060fc6d I am trying to delete all contacts on my People's app to keep it clean and most are old contacts...
  5. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  6. Delete A Recent Contact in the People App

Delete A Recent Contact in the People App: I've already looked at several similar questions. None of the suggestions in any of those threads solved my problem, so I'm starting a new thread looking for fresh advice. Somehow, two unrelated contacts of mine (my CPA and my son's school) became linked through either my...
  7. Delete contacts from People App

Delete contacts from People App: I can't delete old contacts from People App. When I right click on the contact the Delete is grayed out. Anyone out there that knows how to fix this, please help me out. Thanks...
  8. Delete contacts from people app

Delete contacts from people app: When I try to delete contacts from people app the delete option is grayed out. How can I delete these old contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-contacts-from-people-app/01c45ead-10d5-4de6-a386-409b408b8720
  9. deleting contacts in people

deleting contacts in people: how do i delete all contacts at once in people app or delete account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-contacts-in-people/b27166c4-29e6-4b71-9a9c-96471f6e36ec
  10. How to show contacts in skype

How to show contacts in skype: Hi peeps, Does anybody know how to show all my contacts on this latest rubbish version of skype? Typical ms tell you bugger all except to restart skype and that will fix it..Rubbish!!!!! nothing works, and if I get a msg sent to me there is no way I know that I received it...