Windows 10: People app slow to close

Discus and support People app slow to close in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone notice issues with the people app? I don't know if this issue existed before this mornings app update or not. On most of the family user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Jan 25, 2017.

1. People app slow to close

Anyone notice issues with the people app? I don't know if this issue existed before this mornings app update or not. On most of the family user accounts it seems to be working just fine. However, on my wife's user account she opens it no problems but when we want to close it down it doesn't. Well it does eventually after about thirty seconds or so. It's strange behaviour. As the MS native apps are not easily uninstalled / reinstalled I decided to try and reset the app using advanced under apps and features. That was a bad idea because after this the people app wouldn't open at all, just briefly opened and then immediately closed/stopped working.

i got it back to where it was courtesy of system restore point but the app continues its old behaviour of being difficult to close down, it's useable but just doesn't shut immediately. She does have a lot of contacts so I wonder if it's busy doing some kind of background task and as a result doesn't shut straight away or whether the latest app update is buggy. Just strange that the other users of the pc don't see similar behaviour from the app in their user accounts (myself included). The other users don't use the app much and only have a handful of contacts unlike my wife.

i guess a big concern here also is the fact that resetting the app had such a detrimental effect whereby it corrupted it for my wife necessitating the system restore to get functionality back. The feature should really be bringing the app back to square one as if it's being opened for the first time - not breaking it

:)

Scottyboy99, Jan 25, 2017
  2. m3hrshad Win User

lack of progress

Hey people!!!!

I've got a Lumia

it's been a while

when I'm working with my phone

games browser or any other apps

my phone suddenly close all task and goes

on Menu...

recently it got slow

Cis it virus??

What should I do??

m3hrshad, Jan 25, 2017
  3. People App and Mail App Open and Close Windows 10

I get an error stating that the source image cannot be found

RichardGlaser, Jan 25, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

People app slow to close

I just discovered my People app doesn't close when you click the X on the top rhs, but it does close if you right click the icon on the taskbar and select "Close window".

I reset the app which didn't work. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it now closes OK. The app picked up my account and contacts without doing anything after reinstallation.

Steve C, Jan 25, 2017
  5. Thank you - whilst I don't wish others to have problems it's re assuring to know it's not a specific pc / user account issue

guess we will wait it out til the next app update

6. I just wondered how you uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Unlike the third party apps MS doesn't give an option to uninstall native apps as far as I know. Did you do a powershell method?

7. Steve C Win User
    I use Classic Shell. When I right click the app in CS, I get the option to uninstall. I then reinstalled the app from the Store.

Steve C, Jan 25, 2017
  8. People app slow to close

Ok thanks for the feedback mate. I find the native apps so frustrating. They are so flakey. It's never the third party ones but the MS ones that give me grief. They all work but this people app issue is a pain, I confirm right clicking the task bar on the app and closing that way works just fine. On my own user account all the native apps work apart from the 'contact support' app which just crashes on opening. The irony!!! I kinda wish MS would just leave the native apps alone and stop updating them, save the problems that updates can cause

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

People app slow to close

1. People app slow to close - Similar Threads - app slow close

2. people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    people app: I can't figure out how to use the people app. Is there a tutorial or book? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-app/a963ef06-5c78-424c-b8b6-d5167229e3db
  3. people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    people app: How to Delete people from people app because "delete" is greyed outon the menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-app/3c2f0d05-ba8e-4f40-afe4-218832716341
  4. People App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App: OneSyncSvc doesn't exists in the service list. Instead I see OneSyncSvc_2d075e running as a service. (can't change no properties, can't even stop the service) I wonder if that is correct as I have the following problem: When I try to add an mail account in the People App I...
  5. Microsoft People/People app

Microsoft People/People app: Recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro on my desktop. People or Microsoft People should have been part of that install, I believe, but maybe not because I believe I kept my files and programs. Regardless, my contacts in People are gone. Apps show I have 'People' but will not...
  6. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...
  7. The "PEOPLE" app

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The "PEOPLE" app: How do I get into my "PEOPLE" program to edit information and add more contacts? I click on the icon in my "startup section" but nothing happens; it's as though I haven't clicked the icon at all. Help??!!...
  8. apps close and slow performance

in Windows 10 Support
    apps close and slow performance: Today I find that working with my windows apps like browsers and other programming tools are slow. I tried to search for a file in one of my drives with explorer but explorer keep shutdown !! then Firefox also shut down !! What is this problem and how to solve ? 132350
  9. People app

People app: I compose an email in Win 10 mail. I click on the "To". The popup shows "Suggested recipients", not the usual People app list of names .... and I cannot do anything with names in the suggested list, even if I select one. This has to be People app related, right?...
  10. People lookup slow in Photos people tagging

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    People lookup slow in Photos people tagging: So I now have the People tagging feature in Win10 Photos. It did take some time for the PC to recognize the faces from my large library of photos. Now, when I try to choose a suggestion and enter a name, the search window for People is extremely slow to load. I can sit...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow to close an application